LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

I had a weird experience today. I was on a call and my LTE service remained active. I was able to chat over hangouts and had no issues.

Anyone else experience this before?

I had a weird experience today. I was on a call and my LTE service remained active. I was able to chat over hangouts and had no issues.

Anyone else experience this before?

Sprint is deploying Calling Plus (VoLTE) pretty soon, can you replicate it? and can you take a screen shot while on a call? 

• Like 3

Sprint is deploying Calling Plus (VoLTE) pretty soon, can you replicate it? and can you take a screen shot while on a call? 

Yeah, I was thinking it was LTE, but didn't want to get my hopes up. I have not been able to replicate it yet, but I was on Wifi calling and then disabled it my wifi as I was leaving the office. Oddly enough, it didn't drop like I expected. Quasi-useful screen shot below

ZIyfeXzm.png

• Like 1

Well I was just able to replicate it again.... It looks like the phone is using both CDMA and LTE radios?

srWdSgfm.png

Read up on SRLTE.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Read up on SRLTE.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought it had the device check for calls periodically similar to how one of the older iPhones did by dropping to check the paging channel for calls. I lose data completely when on the phone just like I always have.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up the $5 father days weekend g6 promo and it allowed my $10 loyalty credit....couldn’t pass up!!!!

Any root, hotspot hacks or anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My LG Entertainment Bundle will be here in 25 July. This is the bundle with a mini projector and B&O earbuds. Anyone else take advantage of that promo?

Never heard of it.... You outside of US?

Sold mine. Scratches way too easily.

My iPhone has been naked since day one and not a single mark. My LG was covered in scratches in less than 30 days, including the camera lens. I got most of them out with rubbing compound but meh.

I want another android phone but I hope I can find one where the quality is better.

• Like 1

Sold mine. Scratches way too easily.

My iPhone has been naked since day one and not a single mark. My LG was covered in scratches in less than 30 days, including the camera lens. I got most of them out with rubbing compound but meh.

I want another android phone but I hope I can find one where the quality is better.

That's odd. My dad's G6 hasn't gotten scratched up. I have my G5 out of the case all the time and it's not scratched either.

Sent from my LG G5

I have a thin clear case, no scratches on for or back. I just RMA my iPhone 7+ due to the speaker quality of people hearing me. G6 audio quality is soooooo much better, just can't standing the band priority and how much this phone loves b26. Worst phone and how much it loves b26....can't turn off 800 LTE though, want to so bad!

I have a thin clear case, no scratches on for or back. I just RMA my iPhone 7+ due to the speaker quality of people hearing me. G6 audio quality is soooooo much better, just can't standing the band priority and how much this phone loves b26. Worst phone and how much it loves b26....can't turn off 800 LTE though, want to so bad!

Is that maybe a network priority issue in your area? Comparing my dad's G6 with my G5, almost always have the same signal. He's mentioned to me that it does much better than his previous G4S did as far as staying on LTE and keeping useable data.

Sent from my LG G5

Is that maybe a network priority issue in your area? Comparing my dad's G6 with my G5, almost always have the same signal. He's mentioned to me that it does much better than his previous G4S did as far as staying on LTE and keeping useable data.

Sent from my LG G5

Nope, no issue with iPhone 7+ line the g6. Also using 6p and will pay more attention the next few days....

Nope, no issue with iPhone 7+ line the g6. Also using 6p and will pay more attention the next few days....

I'm getting the LG G6 this evening is there anything I should know about the device in the negative sense?

I'm getting the LG G6 this evening is there anything I should know about the device in the negative sense?

Not sure, I've had issues.... Just read an article about a small % having issues. Recommend master reset, going to do it tomorrow or swap it out of it doesn't fix it....BT and other apps FC, very annoying.

Not sure, I've had issues.... Just read an article about a small % having issues. Recommend master reset, going to do it tomorrow or swap it out of it doesn't fix it....BT and other apps FC, very annoying.

i got the s8 plus instead

• Like 1

What made you change your mind? Just wondering. My dad has had the G6 and hasn't experienced any issues.

I remembered that the G6 had the snapdragon 821...the s8 has the better chipset and also it has better network hardware in it to

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I remembered that the G6 had the snapdragon 821...the s8 has the better chipset and also it has better network hardware in it to

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's true. It also has much better battery life, better screen, better accessory support, better VR, future proof for b25 4x4 MIMO support and will hold its cash value better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's true. It also has much better battery life, better screen, better accessory support, better VR, future proof for b25 4x4 MIMO support and will hold its cash value better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ironically i also have the pixel xl ....i have yet to compare the two ...but the g6 did have out standing battery life though...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been in a fringe area of B41 but the network bars show full signal strength? It obviously does not work like it would under an actually excellent signal. It's that a phone error or a tower error. This is happening on two different phones in the same area (S7 and G6). The coverage is from what I can tell 2 clear sites and 1 Sprint 8t8r. The Sprint site and one of the clear sites is giving me that reading. While the weak clear signal is giving the better performance. It's weird.

• 2 weeks later...