LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

So the lg g6 is better then the v20 in band 41 performance

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

G6 is the first device to support HPUE, it should have a big advantage in B41 performance over every other device released so far.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/breakthrough-hpue-innovation-to-benefit-tdd-lte-networks-worldwide.htm

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprints-first-hpue-capable-smartphone-lg-g6-available-april-7-bringing-better-network-coverage-and-faster-data-speeds.htm

So the lg g6 is better then the v20 in band 41 performance

Signalwise, that is likely true.  How this transfers to overall performance is not known yet.

Signalwise, that is likely true. How this transfers to overall performance is not known yet.

We will have to see hmm do you think someone can do a article on this

I put one side by side with my v20. The B41 rsrp appears to be 6 to -1 db better.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

-6 dBm difference is a little disappointing considering HPUE was expected to come close to matching B25. In most parts of Texas, B41 is anywhere around 12-18 dBm worse than B25.

Having said that, it should make a world of difference for those who sit in fringe B41 areas. Offloading more users off of B25 should definitely help overall network performance.

-6 dBm difference is a little disappointing considering HPUE was expected to come close to matching B25. In most parts of Texas, B41 is anywhere around 12-18 dBm worse than B25.

Having said that, it should make a world of difference for those who sit in fringe B41 areas. Offloading more users off of B25 should definitely help overall network performance.

So band 41 is prevalent over there...and its worse then the v20?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

The difference for me is between 7-9dBm (if V20 and G6 have similar radio's) so that would be pretty damn close around my way.

Effectively almost illuminating the very little B25 I see sometimes indoors.

Im also extremely curious about the speeds, the difference in performance between -105 and -99dBm is quite substantial most times.

• Like 1

I know this is non-scientific, but i have a pretty good situation for comparing signal strength that i can replicate 8 out of 10 times. 

Comparing indoors in my home on same B41 tower signal -105dBm i average between 5-8mb sec and -99 dBm it jumps to nearly 2x speeds.

So fringe situations will be very interesting where speeds are deteriorated especially the uploads.

Yes, I'm very excited to test this phone out when it's shipped....Hpue better be active from day one!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pre order one? Stores are getting demos already. I will pop into another shop to see if I catch one thats actually activated.

• Like 2

Did you pre order one? Stores are getting demos already. I will pop into another shop to see if I catch one thats actually activated.

Yes, pre-ordered online....hopefully get on or before release!

I'm going to try to stop st my local stores bc so far my friends don't see any difference with g6 signal.

I'm hoping hpue just isn't switched on util release of the phone or this phone is going back....

Even though I want my google home and the tv.

Plus I get my $10/month loyalty credit off my easy pay to only make it $19.99/ month, which isn't a bad price.

Yes, pre-ordered online....hopefully get on or before release!

I'm going to try to stop st my local stores bc so far my friends don't see any difference with g6 signal.

I'm hoping hpue just isn't switched on util release of the phone or this phone is going back....

Even though I want my google home and the tv.

Plus I get my $10/month loyalty credit off my easy pay to only make it $19.99/ month, which isn't a bad price.

It is a pretty sweet deal. I'm considering it myself. But wait, you know folks that have it already on Sprint? If so, why not compare scp shots vs non HPUE phone.

RSRP is a measure of received (downlink) signal. HPUE effects the transmitted (uplink) signal from the UE back to the BTS and results in a larger usable coverage area.

• Like 5

RSRP is a measure of received (downlink) signal. HPUE effects the transmitted (uplink) signal from the UE back to the BTS and results in a larger usable coverage area.

Sooo..what would be the best way to measure the difference between HPUE and non HPUE devices.

• Like 1

Sooo..what would be the best way to measure the difference between HPUE and non HPUE devices.

Probably a speed test, or be familiar enough with a spot where it consistently hands off from B41 to B25 or 26 and compare. See if the HPUE device passes that handoff point, by how far (what is the other device's B25 RSRP at that location?), and what the speeds are.

Otherwise I don't know if there's really a good way to determine it. I know some spots where I can reliably drop from B41 with my Pixel, while another device hangs onto it until I use data (then it drops to B25 or 26). I'm sure others know of similar spots where they can test.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

The lowest signal the devices will connect to. I would suspect the G6 would stay connected to a weaker signal than the V20 and would still make it usable.

Sent from my LG G5

So band 41 is prevalent over there...and its worse then the v20?

The difference for me is between 7-9dBm (if V20 and G6 have similar radio's) so that would be pretty damn close around my way.

Effectively almost illuminating the very little B25 I see sometimes indoors.

Im also extremely curious about the speeds, the difference in performance between -105 and -99dBm is quite substantial most times.

As already pointed out, HPUE only affects the uplink, not the downlink which is the RSRP values you are seeing.

Also, for the record, when speaking about difference in signal strength, it is an absolute value, measured in dB. The difference was 6dB.

Sent from my LG G5

My house is going to be a great test when I receive it... on fringe of b41 and live on b25 on first and second floor but b26 in basement.

Excited to receive this via UPS.

• Like 2

My house is going to be a great test when I receive it... on fringe of b41 and live on b25 on first and second floor but b26 in basement.

Excited to receive this via UPS.

My best guess on this -----   If you can get band 41 outside now, you may get it inside but only on the first floor. You will still be on band 26 in the basement.

• Like 1

My best guess on this ----- If you can get band 41 outside now, you may get it inside but only on the first floor. You will still be on band 26 in the basement.

Agreed but I'm hoping 100% inside now bc it's usually 50/50 what band I'm on with b25/b41.

Agreed but I'm hoping 100% inside now bc it's usually 50/50 what band I'm on with b25/b41.

I would guess you will be on Band 41 100% of the time. You are probably dropping of 41 now because you can not get your cell phone transmit to reach the cell site.  What receive level do you have now when you do idle on band 41 in the home?

• Like 1

I would guess you will be on Band 41 100% of the time. You are probably dropping of 41 now because you can not get your cell phone transmit to reach the cell site. What receive level do you have now when you do idle on band 41 in the home?

a714d94abf195cba0253dba8c1192772.jpg5b6421a2ea4ced1ea70845da95413a06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf2e0d485c4600520bdc99d7059a4b1b7.jpg

No information yet, probably Thursday delivery....

That's what I m thinking to... But I do know where it shipped from... Maybe Thursday or definitely Friday for me cuz I am only 4 hours from shipping location

• Like 1