Another Günther AMA on reddit tomorrow (12-15-16)

halcyoncmdr

In case you all have missed it. Günther Ottendorfer is doing another AMA on reddit tomorrow 12/15 between 11am-12pm Pacific. I've copied below the /r/Sprint announcement from about a week ago for those that haven't seen it:

Günther was named Technical Chief Operating Officer at Sprint in August 2015. In this role, he is responsible for overseeing the company’s network, technology and IT organizations, including related strategy, network operations and performance, as well as partnerships with network, technology and IT vendors.

As his bio states, Günther has a substantial amount of industry experience having started his international career in the telecommunication sector over 20 years ago. In 1996 he became a founding member of mobile operator, max.mobil, in Austria. He then served as Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for T-Mobile Austria, as CTO for T-Mobile Germany and as European Technology Director at Group level for T-Mobile International. In 2011, Günther became Managing Director, Networks at Optus Singtel, Australia’s second largest telecommunications provider. He also led the nationwide introduction of LTE and TD-LTE which Optus pioneered as one of the first providers globally. In 2013, he joined Telekom Austria Group as Group CTIO, and drove major wireless expansion, convergence and network function virtualization projects across the countries of the group.

Günther looks forward to answering more of your questions on Sprint's pioneering efforts, network performance, LTE Plus network, network technology and roadmap, LTE Advanced, 5G, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), spectrum, and its Densification & Optimization strategy.

Please join us in giving Günther another warm welcome to /r/Sprint!

No time lines on anything really.

Mostly things we already knew. He did mention Sprint is currently testing Band 25 Carrier Aggregation in a few cities. That's pretty awesome.

But ultimately I would have loved if someone had asked him if they were still on track in using BRS/EBS for download and PCS for upload (pretty much a new LTE band).

• Like 1

Finally had a chance to review all the questions and answers.... at this point I don't think we will get VoLTE until2018/2019, it all depends how much they can densify and optimize next year

Also I wish someone asked him about the sattelite LTE backhaul

• Like 1