Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

I loved my Galaxy Note 2, still possible the best device I've ever used.  I hope that Samsung investigates this and finds a root cause, however, I'm guessing that will never be released publicly.

If not for my hatred of TouchWiz, I would have bought one of these when my MXPE was destroyed in late August

Now what to do with all the accessories I bought for this thing? More trash and what the heck is Samsung doing with all these phones? They going to scrape them or are they just going in a landfill?

Title for this thread should now be "Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - R.I.P."

Sent from my SM-N930P2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now what to do with all the accessories I bought for this thing? More trash and what the heck is Samsung doing with all these phones? They going to scrape them or are they just going in a landfill?

Sprint previously took accessories back if you bought them from Sprint.

T-Mobile announced that any accessories purchased from them could be returned with the phone.  I would expect all carrier to exchange accessories purchased from them.  Stuff purchased 3rd party, reach out to the seller/manufacturer.  Once you select a new device, I'd think they'd want to keep a customer and help you out.

Hopefully Samsung recycles as much of the REE as possible.

T-Mobile announced that any accessories purchased from them could be returned with the phone.  I would expect all carrier to exchange accessories purchased from them.  Stuff purchased 3rd party, reach out to the seller/manufacturer.  Once you select a new device, I'd think they'd want to keep a customer and help you out.

Hopefully Samsung recycles as much of the REE as possible.

Of course I bought from MobileFun, BestBuy and mostly Amazon (Spigen Cases) and dbrand.

I might keep the Samsung Wireless Charger and keep it as a stand for my phone at my desk.

Guess I reach out and see when I get back to my state.

• Like 1

Of course I bought from MobileFun, BestBuy and mostly Amazon (Spigen Cases) and dbrand.

I might keep the Samsung Wireless Charger and keep it as a stand for my phone at my desk.

I read on Android Central that Amazon was refunding this person their purchase.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=733890

Just lovely travelling with these. Banned except when off and not charging by the FAA.

Just lovely travelling with these. Banned except when off and not charging by the FAA.

Good thing I went back to my Nexus 6P then.

Saw this on imgur and laughed pretty hard!

1zLmlmC.gif

Edited by SeanK_
  • Like 1

Seriously, travel with a backup handset.  If you rely on a mobile phone as an additional appendage like so many people do these days, you always should have a usable backup handset.  If not, you are not living right.  Even setting aside the WiMAX capable HTC EVO, I have six available smartphones, all LTE capable.

AJ

So does anyone think due to the recent events the Note 5 might get some better support and a quicker update to 7.0? After all it is the only Note on the market as of now.

No.  Samsung wants to sell new handsets, not divert attention to old handsets.  Samsung will double down on promoting the Galaxy S7 series.

AJ

• Like 1

Let's hope not lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Why?  Samsung Galaxy S7 series handsets are not fire prone, are not part of the recall.  The Galaxy S7 edge now is Samsung's North American flagship and a reasonable Galaxy Note 7 substitute.

AJ

• Like 2

Why? Samsung Galaxy S7 series handsets are not fire prone, are not part of the recall. The Galaxy S7 edge now is Samsung's North American flagship and a reasonable Galaxy Note 7 substitute.

AJ

Yeah but it's not a Note lol, which from having owned both the S7 and my current Note 5, the Note 5 is superior. S7 is a laggy mess unlike the Note 5 aside from benchmarks you would think the Note 5 is the newer device.

• Like 1

Yeah but it's not a Note lol, which from having owned both the S7 and my current Note 5, the Note 5 is superior. S7 is a laggy mess unlike the Note 5 aside from benchmarks you would think the Note 5 is the newer device.

Placebo effect.  Or some other variables.

The Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy Note 7 have the same processor, same RAM, etc.  The Galaxy S7 edge even has a larger capacity battery -- and one that does not explode so often.

AJ

• Like 2

Placebo effect. Or some other variables.

The Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy Note 7 have the same processor, same RAM, etc. The Galaxy S7 edge even has a larger capacity battery -- and one that does not explode so often.

AJ

I know this but this Note 5 doesn't drop frames like the 7 series does, it's always smooth. S7 would lag doing basic things without any apps installed, then again the Note 5 has a 8 core processor vs a quad core that may have something to do with it I don't know.

• Like 2

Looks like Samsung wants to hold onto their market share. They're offering $100 bill credit if you trade in your Galaxy Note 7 for another Samsung device.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/13/13267674/samsung-note-7-refund-exchange-official

Is it worth to do that though. Hmmm

I think it is. I have had nothing but a great experience with my GS7. The Edge is very popular as well.

I don't know if I want the S7 Edge or get the V20 or continue using what I'm using now which is the Nexus 6P which the battery life sucks.

This just in: "Every person with a Note 7 is upgrade eligible!": https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/57ctu1/every_person_with_a_note_7_is_upgrade_eligible/

Sprint has flipped the "Eligible for Upgrade" switch for all customers with Note7 Devices on their account.  Both mine and my wife's show as upgrade eligible.  Now we have to figure out what we are going to do.  We really love our Note 7's and only ever slow charge them.  I guess we will return and go back to our MXPE's.

• Like 1