SeanK_

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

Did you upload your recept to Samsung Promos? I swapped out my N7 and it looks like they approved me for the VR. Not a bad deal, I got a Gear Fit 2 and now VR.

DId you go with the S7 or S7 Edge then back?

DId you go with the S7 or S7 Edge then back?

Stayed with the Note 7 the whole time.

Stayed with the Note 7 the whole time.

How did you get the VR then?

Went and purchased the Note 7 last night. Sprint wouldn't sell the phone without it being activated. So I went to Best Buy and they got the sale. 

Guy at BB even said that they get a lot of people from the Sprint store because of one reason or another.

How did you get the VR then?

Filled out the form and selected other for phone type. I don't have it in hand yet but my status was changed to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery."

https://samsungpromotions.com/

Filled out the form and selected other for phone type. I don't have it in hand yet but my status was changed to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery."

I didn't get a receipt for my new phone. They just handed me the new phone and activated it within 20 minutes.

I submitted one and I'll see if they accept it, if not, that's fine.

I didn't get a receipt for my new phone. They just handed me the new phone and activated it within 20 minutes.

I submitted one and I'll see if they accept it, if not, that's fine.

My is also approved. My receipt from Sprint was an exchange slip. My prior one was from the online account info.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Mine got approved somehow.

• Like 1

Mine also got approved i initially got a gear fit 2 now im getting the 256gb sd card...we will see how this pans out...????????????

Took a Delta flight yesterday and they said to turn off and don't charge a Note 7

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Took a Delta flight yesterday and they said to turn off and don't charge a Note 7

Richard Reid says, "I never fly without my Samsung Galaxy Note 7."

AJ

Just wondering if anyone who did a( replacement ) gift submission has received there gift?

Just wondering if anyone who did a( replacement ) gift submission has received there gift?

I haven't. Mine looks to be shipping any moment now.

• Like 1

I haven't yet either but I've seen on other message boards that people started to received them yesterday.
  • Like 1

Got an email saying its shipped.

• Like 2

I just tried to redeem the promo with the VR headset with my newly purchased Note 7 and it said my phone is not eligible. Not sure how some people are getting it to go through. Any ideas?

I just tried to redeem the promo with the VR headset with my newly purchased Note 7 and it said my phone is not eligible. Not sure how some people are getting it to go through. Any ideas?

Did you click on "Other Galaxy Phone" when it asked you which phone you have?

Did you click on "Other Galaxy Phone" when it asked you which phone you have?

Yes. When I got to the page to enter the MEID and WiFi MAC address, it said my phone model did not qualify.

Yes. When I got to the page to enter the MEID and WiFi MAC address, it said my phone model did not qualify.

Maybe they got smart and did a verification check.

Maybe they got smart and did a verification check.

Yes i believe this is probably the explanation here.

Just an FYI. If you are coming from another Samsung phone and had enhanced messaging enabled, disable it on your old phone before activating a Note 7. Apparently the Note 7 does not have that feature for some reason.

I was sending texts to my mom from my Note 7 and I wasn't receiving anything back. I turned on my old phone (Note 5) and 4 messages came through over WiFi. For those who may not know, enhanced messages go over the data channel, so that's why they came through over WiFi.

Ugh good thing I stayed with my 5, this is just getting worse and worse now for Samsung. The 7 is a flop.

Ugh good thing I stayed with my 5, this is just getting worse and worse now for Samsung. The 7 is a flop.

I had purchased a case before its release. Thankfully i never upgraded since the specs were meh

I had purchased a case before its release. Thankfully i never upgraded since the specs were meh

Not much of an upgrade over the 5.