Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Rumors Thread

lilotimz

Terrell's post looks pretty damn confirming of it to me. If not, then that is a really bad move on the part of T-Mobile to show this. However, I wouldn't put it past T-Mobile to do so, then claim something like "We just used the image of the Samsung Note 7 to show what 4x4 Mimo can do. We never meant to claim the device has that" It reminds me of ZTE when they posted images of the Axon 7 that were photoshopped to make it appear the Axon 7 had a dual edge display that made it look very much like the Note 7, but with front facing speakers, of course. ZTE was and still is very shady about their business, and so is T-Mobile. Neither of which bothers to use any kind of warning in their images, stating "These images are for general purposes, etc. They are not indicative of the actual device capabilities in the use of this example" that sort of thing.

What is certain is the Note 7 has some great features to it, and if it does have 4x4 Mimo, that certainly will be great for those who have the Note 7. I'm still gong to get the LG V20 instead, so I'm hoping it'll have 4x4 Mimo. We shall see...

I'm waiting on Lilotimz input since he said there was no proof. I trust his word more than most but its hard to agrue seeing the network team talk about it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it official?!

That looks pretty official to me.

So it's confirmed on the Note 7?

Nope.  Sorry.  The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 categorically is not authorized for uplink 64-QAM, nor is there any evidence that it supports downlink 256-QAM.  So, as that slide references those capabilities, it is not officially referring to the Galaxy Note 7.

AJ

• Like 1

Nope. Sorry. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 categorically is not authorized for uplink 64-QAM, nor is there any evidence that it supports downlink 256-QAM. So, as that slide references those capabilities, it is not officially referring to the Galaxy Note 7.

AJ

7f462fc914e036c7e635c6c4440de85c.jpg

• Like 1

I'm waiting on Lilotimz input since he said there was no proof. I trust his word more than most but its hard to agrue seeing the network team talk about it.

Well, AJ says its not proof, and for full disclosure, I trust him and most people here on S4GRU about this more than I trust T-Mobile. While it seems confirming of it from the images and again I believe something like what T-Mobile showed ought to be official, the fact remains its T-Mobile showing this. I can't ignore that point about it, hence why I mentioned the bit about how companies such as ZTE for example, have showed something in a way that appears as if what they were showing were true, but then have it turn out not to be so. There ought to be warnings about this, such as "being used for illustrative purposes".

Still, it will be disappointing if it turns out for sure not to be the case. 4x4 Mimo sounds like a great progress in wireless technology. I have to say though I'm confused when I read people debating over whether or not it has any affect on relieving site congestion. I'm supportive of any technology which does this, and makes more efficient use of spectrum, considering spectrum limits. Any technology that does this ought to be promoted heavily and clearly, including devices which take advantage of it. I do find it odd Samsung hasn't done so of the Note 7.

• Like 2

For the facts we know from the FCC docs, it does not have 64 QAM upload nor does it have higher order MIMO. This does not mean it does not have the latent capability that can be activated at a later date after re certification. 

So don't purchase the device expecting the latest and greatest 4x4 MIMO and 256/64QAM stuff but get it based on the known quality of the device. It's a good phone regardless. 

• Like 1

Well, AJ says its not proof, and for full disclosure, I trust him and most people here on S4GRU about this more than I trust T-Mobile. While it seems confirming of it from the images and again I believe something like what T-Mobile showed ought to be official, the fact remains its T-Mobile showing this. I can't ignore that point about it, hence why I mentioned the bit about how companies such as ZTE for example, have showed something in a way that appears as if what they were showing were true, but then have it turn out not to be so. There ought to be warnings about this, such as "being used for illustrative purposes".

Still, it will be disappointing if it turns out for sure not to be the case. 4x4 Mimo sounds like a great progress in wireless technology. I have to say though I'm confused when I read people debating over whether or not it has any affect on relieving site congestion. I'm supportive of any technology which does this, and makes more efficient use of spectrum, considering spectrum limits. Any technology that does this ought to be promoted heavily and clearly, including devices which take advantage of it. I do find it odd Samsung hasn't done so of the Note 7.

Really looking forward to 4x4 MIMO I hope Sprint is not last to the party when it happens like VoLTE.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to 4x4 MIMO I hope Sprint is not last to the party when it happens like VoLTE.

It is sad how little news there is about Sprint recently. Not to be negative about Sprint, but the lack of talk regarding it lately, other than of course the arrangement with Verizon's former spokesman, is rather concerning. I know a few months back there was the exciting news regarding Nikesh Arora being gone and Masayoshi Son wanting to get back to working closely with Marcelo Claure again on Sprint, which was great at the time, but since then not much is being said. Hopefully something positive and exciting will be mentioned, and 4x4 Mimo would be great, especially if the Note 7 does turn out to have it.

The other great thing for Sprint will be if they happen to get the LG V20, and possibly even the LG GFlex 3, if what I've read about it today being announced at IFA 2016 is correct. I'm hoping if the GFlex 3 is an actual device releasing this year, it'll have the QuadDac audio the V20 has, then I might just get the GFlex 3 instead, as I like the curved display.

Just did a network search on the T-Mobile version looks like it has Sprint LTE bands on it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

That's expected. There's only one hardware variant of the Note 7 in the US.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is this phone unlocked if you pay the full purchase price? Meaning you can go to different carriers with this phone?

Yes, if you pay full price. But not all bands may be enabled bc it will have a Sprint rom. At least, that is the case with the Sprint GS7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Yes, if you pay full price. But not all bands may be enabled bc it will have a Sprint rom. At least, that is the case with the Sprint GS7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I see there is an International version of this phone. What's the difference then?

I never thought I would say this again about a Samsung phone, but wow they did a wonderful job on this! I'm really pleased on how it feels in my hand the the edge design is different

The one thing I did notice is the when you change CDMA to Automatic or CDMA/LTE it requires a full phone reboot.

Edited by SeanK_
  • Like 1

I never thought I would say this again about a Samsung phone, but wow they did a wonderful job on this! I'm really pleased on how it feels in my hand the the edge design is different.

How's the signal on this device?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

How's the signal on this device?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'll let you know in an hour or so. Currently setting up the phone still/getting ready for work.

• Like 1

I just noticed something really interesting, It seems to come pretty much unlocked and stock firmware from bestbuy. Once you activate the device, the boot screen changes to Sprint and it loads a shit ton of apps! 

This is the future of devices, once device for all carriers, it would be awesome to figure out a way to undo the activation and start fresh once again.

So far, this is one bad ass phone.

I just noticed something really interesting, It seems to come pretty unlocked and stock from bestbuy. Once you activate the device, the boot screen changes to Sprint and it loads a shit ton of apps!

This is the future of devices, it would be awesome to figure out a way to undo the activation and start fresh once again.

Try factory resetting and then booting without a SIM card inserted. Set it up. Only later insert the SIM. That's the way to bypass carrier apps on Nexus devices anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Try factory resetting and then booting without a SIM card inserted. Set it up. Only later insert the SIM. That's the way to bypass carrier apps on Nexus devices anyway

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I do not think it will be that simple.

Looks like it did low level firmware install.

I just noticed something really interesting, It seems to come pretty much unlocked and stock firmware from bestbuy. Once you activate the device, the boot screen changes to Sprint and it loads a shit ton of apps!

This is the future of devices, once device for all carriers, it would be awesome to figure out a way to undo the activation and start fresh once again.

So far, this is one bad ass phone.

Note 5 did the same thing. Also reboot to change from lte to 3g is standard on most samsung. Nothing unusual here.

Note 5 did the same thing. Also reboot to change from lte to 3g is standard on most samsung. Nothing unusual here.

I wasnt aware that the Note 5 was only one SKU for all carriers like this..

I wasnt aware that the Note 5 was only one SKU for all carriers like this..

Im saying the boot change. When the sim was out it was different. The note 5 had two variants if i remember right