Pixel and Pixel XL Preview (was "Fall 2016 Nexus | HTC Sailfish, Marlin Rumors")

Nrbelex

Shame on google for letting it happen

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The 5X launched on 9/29/15. (http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09/29/the-nexus-5x-is-official-snapdragon-808-usb-type-c-and-nexus-imprint-fingerprint-sensor/)

The phone shipped around 10/19/15. (http://www.droid-life.com/2015/10/19/for-those-who-ordered-a-nexus-5x-your-phone-is-shipping-today/). You stated you preordered. (I will grant I'm assuming your preorder led to the standard shipping date.) Preorders are charged as they ship.

The date of the first official price drop was January 12, 2016. This is easily verifiable (take your pick: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01/12/deal-alert-google-drops-the-nexus-5x-price-to-349-for-16gb-399-for-32gb-in-the-us-google-store-30-off/ http://www.droid-life.com/2016/01/12/nexus-5x-is-now/ http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/13/10760094/google-nexus-5x-price-cut-349). The price drop was $30.

The number of days between those two dates is 85. For a person to have received a credit, his or her protection plan must have been at least 85 days. Anything less was insufficient. Some plans last 60 days (see the Citi plan referenced above). Some last 90 (see this Discover plan: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/price-protection.html?icmpgn=publichelpcenter).

Even if a protection plan lasted 90 days, the credit should have been $30.

∴ Anyone planning to take the advice to rely on a price protection plan when placing a preorder shipping 10/20 should be aware that, if there is a price drop which follows previous patterns (already unlikely given the upmarket shift), a 60 day plan is unlikely to help. Even a 90 day plan historically would have only returned you $30.

You are forgetting Black Friday sales.

The LG Nexus 5X was $80 off on November 27th, 2015.  

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/11/27/updated-killer-black-friday-deal-nexus-5x-80-off-amazon-bh-google-store-299349/

• Like 2

I can't believe Google kept the Pixel phones with only IP 53 rating instead of demanding at least IP 67 like the iPhone 7 or IP 68 like the GS7. 

Since HTC made the Pixel phones, I am not surprised that the phones are only IP 53 rating.  Such a fail on their part. 

I can't believe Google kept the Pixel phones with only IP 53 rating instead of demanding at least IP 67 like the iPhone 7 or IP 68 like the GS7. 

Since HTC made the Pixel phones, I am not surprised that the phones are only IP 53 rating.  Such a fail on their part. 

Yea, I'm not gonna lie. I get jealous when seeing the iPhone 7 commercial of the dude in his garage about to go bicycling after seeing a storm out of the window.

I also went digging in my Play Store account and remembered that I purchased the N6P when it went on sale with $50 off. I think the sale started around Black Friday and ended on New Years. Hopefully that some indication that the Pixel will be reduced around the same time and possibly offer greater discounts since the starting price is $270 greater (comparing the 6P to the Pixel XL).

Yea, I'm not gonna lie. I get jealous when seeing the iPhone 7 commercial of the dude in his garage about to go bicycling after seeing a storm out of the window.

Meh.  For water resistance, that requires rubber gaskets on doors and ports, etc.  No thanks.  Besides, my understanding is that -- even with the heavily advertised water resistance -- liquid damage still is not warrantied.  If so, that practically is entrapment.

Anyway, you do not need water resistance.  Now that David Ortiz is retiring, he is cofounding a business with me to manufacture a zero weight, invisible, waterproof phone case.  It is called BeCarefulWithYourPhone.

BeCarefulWithYourPhone.  Never worry about it dropping on the floor or falling in el baño.  All you need is BeCarefulWithYourPhone.

I have been using a prototype of the case for six years, and it is 100 percent effective.

AJ

• Like 1

Meh.  For water resistance, that requires rubber gaskets on doors and ports, etc.  No thanks.  Besides, my understanding is that -- even with the heavily advertised water resistance -- liquid damage still is not warrantied.  If so, that practically is entrapment.

Anyway, you do not need water resistance.  Now that David Ortiz is retiring, he is cofounding a business with me to manufacture a zero weight, invisible, waterproof phone case.  It is called BeCarefulWithYourPhone.

BeCarefulWithYourPhone.  Never worry about it dropping on the floor or falling in el baño.  All you need is BeCarefulWithYourPhone.

I have been using a prototype of the case for six years, and it is 100 percent effective.

AJ

Where do I go if I want to invest? I feel like you guys are headed in the direction of unveiling a revolutionary product.

I keep pushing my credit card into my computer monitor and it isn't taking my money!

Also, is there a sign up page..????

:blink:

Where do I go if I want to invest? I feel like you guys are headed in the direction of unveiling a revolutionary product.

I keep pushing my credit card into my computer monitor and it isn't taking my money!

Also, is there a sign up page..????

:blink:

Oh, we are working on that, too, on a new payment system.

You know PayPal?  Then, Big Papi has yust the thing for you.  It is called Write-A-Check.

Do you want to invest online or yust order some mofongo delivery?  Okay.  Write-A-Check.

viecqx.jpg

AJ

Would you guys (and gals) following the Pixel be interested in a raffle, like we did with the iPhone?  We were able to raise about a month's expenses on that raffle.  If we could get at least that much on a Pixel raffle, it would be worth it.  Let me know if you would support that.

Robert

• Like 12

Would you guys (and gals) following the Pixel be interested in a raffle, like we did with the iPhone? We were able to raise about a month's expenses on that raffle. If we could get at least that much on a Pixel raffle, it would be worth it. Let me know if you would support that.

Robert

Would support.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Would you guys (and gals) following the Pixel be interested in a raffle, like we did with the iPhone?  We were able to raise about a month's expenses on that raffle.  If we could get at least that much on a Pixel raffle, it would be worth it.  Let me know if you would support that.

Robert

I would support a Pixel raffle.

• Like 2

Would you guys (and gals) following the Pixel be interested in a raffle, like we did with the iPhone? We were able to raise about a month's expenses on that raffle. If we could get at least that much on a Pixel raffle, it would be worth it. Let me know if you would support that.

Robert

I would!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BTW been in Miami Beach since Monday night and have had no real issues with Sprint service. I dropped to 3G once....deep inside a building where we were celebrating a hurricane party. Like all drunk idiots we then proceeded outside where we each immediately reconnected to the second band 41 carrier available on the island. Overall.. Long vacation, too much alcohol, very little wind nor rain and excellent, largely unfaltering, Sprint service.

• Like 1

How can you not love water resistance?! :)

I saw that video.  I think the whole point of wanting a phone with IP67 or IP68 certification is in case you drop your phone and is temporarily submerged in water (ex:  you drop it in the pool by accident) and is not totally lost.  Also the Note 7, GS7 and iPhone 7 don't have rubber covers on the port ends to protect it from water damage so I don't think that is a problem anymore.

• Like 1

Robert

I'd toss a few bucks into the pot

• Like 2