Pixel and Pixel XL Preview (was "Fall 2016 Nexus | HTC Sailfish, Marlin Rumors")

Nrbelex

More like makes me further baffled by Sony at the odd decisions they make. Although I'm saddened by the lack of a true update to the Z Ultra. The XA Ultra I have is great, but it isn't a flagship premium model still.

Wasn't it also one of the first devices to be able to go on any carrier regardless of the network being CDMA of GSM???

No, many, many multi mode devices preceded the Nexus 5.  Otherwise, most international roaming would not have been possible for VZW and Sprint.

AJ

Still rocking an N5 today, and it's still getting monthly security updates. The 5X seems like a nice sequel, but the specs didn't quite advance far enough to justify the cost, and it's a little big. So fingers crossed the smaller Pixel really pushes the envelope (and justifies its rumored price).

• Like 3

2770MAh battery probably won't do it for me this year. I'm not going below 3000 anymore. Although I miss flashing ROMs and such, I believe I will personally enjoy using the S7 one this new Nex-..ermmm.. Pixel. Hoping the rumored specs are wrong though.

When the Pixel and Pixel XL are normalized to the same size, the Pixel XL offers a more aesthetically pleasing body to bezels ratio.

Ct5XIavUkAAfh4h.jpg

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/783159323526623233

AJ

• Like 1

I hope the micro sd card slot it's true!!!!!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I'll bet most likely nah! Spec error, would genuinely be surprised if it had one.

Hopefully one of the two devices have a sub $500 pricetag.

$650 starting price for the cheapest, I'd wager. I'll still probably do it, but not thrilled.

Live stream:

Hopefully one of the two devices have a sub $500 pricetag.

Not looking good. We'll see though. The specs are underwhelming on the leaked sheet. But I'll withhold judgement until the official specs are there. If the pricing is legit, it's making the Gs7 and HTC 10 look more appealing and even the Op3 and Axon 7 even more.
  • Like 1

These leakers are traditionally very on point, so I don't there's much left to see. The only surprise which could help justify the price is a commitment to something like 5 years of updates. If you charge prices identical to the iPhones, you should support the products at least as long.

Verizon exclusive will be sold unlocked.

Is it really an exclusive when all carriers (presumably) have access to it through the play store

- I wonder if verizon will put their logo on the phone

Kind of disappointed when compared to my N6P. 

Main gripes: Looks too much like the iPhone (large bezels on top and bottom), and didn't touch on the speaker situation/setup (will have to wait for initial reviews).

Pixel XL 32 GB.  Very Silver.

Ordered.

AJ

• Like 2

No, not quite right.  VZW is the only US operator that will sell the handsets directly.  The unlocked handsets sold through the Google Store will be compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and most/all major world operators.

AJ

• Like 1