Network Vision site

Sprint recently upgraded one of its towers in the center of Westborough, MA. I went and took some pictures which I uploaded to my website, www.danlampie.com, along with a quick article about Network Vision. I don't have any performance information but it does apear that Sprint is going with narrower beam antennas...probally 65 degrees. This should help increase the SNR, at the expense of reduced coverage in the nulls where the antenna patterns overlap. This is an Alcatel-Lucent market and they installed three RRH per sector, so I was thinking two RRH for PCS and one RRH for 800MHz. It appeared the only two (the PCS band) of the three RRH were powered on, so I am thinking that 800Mhz 1X advanced carriers would be coming a little bit later down the road. The old coax was cut, but the old antennas were still mounted. I wonder why the old antennas were not removed when they were already doing work on the tower.

• Like 5

Sprint recently upgraded one of its towers in the center of Westborough, MA. I went and took some pictures which I uploaded to my website, www.danlampie.com, along with a quick article about Network Vision. I don't have any performance information but it does apear that Sprint is going with narrower beam antennas...probally 65 degrees. This should help increase the SNR, at the expense of reduced coverage in the nulls where the antenna patterns overlap. This is an Alcatel-Lucent market and they installed three RRH per sector, so I was thinking two RRH for PCS and one RRH for 800MHz. It appeared the only two (the PCS band) of the three RRH were powered on, so I am thinking that 800Mhz 1X advanced carriers would be coming a little bit later down the road. The old coax was cut, but the old antennas were still mounted. I wonder why the old antennas were not removed when they were already doing work on the tower.

Thanks for the thread. I actually came across your website and read your posting earlier in the week.

Sprint has a combined 800/1900 panel in Network Vision. They are not separate anymore. The large one in the middle of each sector is the new NV panel. It is connected to the RRU. The smaller ones out at the ends are likely legacy panels. They will be removed later. Typically 30 to 45 days after all the work on the site is complete.

At most sites, 800 CDMA will go live on Channel 476 later in the year, but not at initial NV deployment. They are still clearing iDEN out of the way to free up Channel 476 for the new 1xA carriers being installed in NV.

Respond with the exact location of this site, either GPS coords or nearest cross streets and I will tell you some more schedule info on this site. And welcome to S4GRU!

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. Clearing the Nextel spectrum makes sense why the 800MHz RRH was powered off. This means the LTE RRH was powered on, but I had no was to test whether it was radiating.

The site was: 25 Brigham St, Westborough, MA 01581.

Network%20Vision.jpg

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. Clearing the Nextel spectrum makes sense why the 800MHz RRH was powered off. This means the LTE RRH was powered on, but I had no was to test whether it was radiating.

The site was: 25 Brigham St, Westborough, MA 01581.

How many towers are on this site? Holy moly!!!

Here is the info I have on this site:

MARKET: Boston

OEM: Alcatel Lucent

SITE ID: BS43XC845

SITE STRUCTURE TYPE: Monopole

LATITUDE: 42.26906

LONGITUDE: -71.61033

SITE RTE TEST EC: 4/20/2012

SITE RTE TEST AC:

RRU INSTALL EC: 4/20/2012

RRU INSTALL AC: 3/7/2012

3G CNSTRCTN CMPLT EC: 3/19/2012

3G CNSTRCTN CMPLT AC: 3/24/2012

4G CNSTRCTN CMPLT EC: 4/25/2012

4G CNSTRCTN CMPLT AC:

3G 1900 ON AIR EC: 3/15/2012

3G 1900 ON AIR AC: 3/8/2012

MW ON AIR EC: 4/23/2012

MW ON AIR AC:

4G 1900 ON AIR EC: 4/24/2012

4G 1900 ON AIR AC:

3G 800 ON AIR EC: TBD

3G 800 ON AIR AC:

4G 800 ON AIR EC: TBD

4G 800 ON AIR AC:

SITE DEINSTALL EC: 6/2/2012

SITE DEINSTALL AC

It's amazing how many wires are running everywhere. I wonder if there are any reliability differences with the RRU's mounted on the tower. It seems like you could have multiple places were gaskets and such could wear out causing failure.

The Ericsson solution that Duffman posted where the RRU was mounted inside the antenna housing was downright sexy - I wonder what the cost and reliability differences are between them.

I wonder what the cost difference is for mounting the RRU up on the tower is vs. on the ground.

I wonder what the cost difference is for mounting the RRU up on the tower is vs. on the ground.

If it is on the ground, then it is no longer an RRU.

AJ

If it is on the ground, then it is no longer an RRU.

AJ

err, oops! Good point.

I imagine that the amount of wires so high up means a good chance of higher maintenance costs, longer install times, etc. Imagine if you have a bad connection and you need to send someone up the tower to replace it instead of just to the base station.

I wonder if Verizon decided that it just added too much time/cost for the benefit when they are using such good spectrum to start with.

i wish i could get all that infor on my address lol i make advanced tech tell me some but they dont know all of it or how to acess some of it and some are afraid to get in trouble lol

my zip is 60433 if any one can look it all up

i wish i could get all that infor on my address lol i make advanced tech tell me some but they dont know all of it or how to acess some of it and some are afraid to get in trouble lol

my zip is 60433 if any one can look it all up

Zip codes don't mean anything to me. But if you are in Joliet (I am guessing from your profile), then you are in an active Network Vision area. Some of the sites on the west side going out toward I-55 have already been converted. There are maps in our Sponsors area that show details of where.

Robert

Zip codes don't mean anything to me. But if you are in Joliet (I am guessing from your profile), then you are in an active Network Vision area. Some of the sites on the west side going out toward I-55 have already been converted. There are maps in our Sponsors area that show details of where.

Robert

i can't seem to find it on the site i tried a few timei dunno how or what i'm doing wrong i do know from one rep 3 towers around my home are currently being worked on all at the same time the rep was like that was dumb thats why uur service is dropping all these calls lol is there a direct link where do i go i can't find it i feel dumb lol

i can't seem to find it on the site i tried a few timei dunno how or what i'm doing wrong i do know from one rep 3 towers around my home are currently being worked on all at the same time the rep was like that was dumb thats why uur service is dropping all these calls lol is there a direct link where do i go i can't find it i feel dumb lol

my addy is 1720 aspen lane joliet il 60433 if that helps you

my addy is 1720 aspen lane joliet il 60433 if that helps you

Posted below is a map of Network Vision sites that are complete in the Joliet area. As you can see, there are a lot of them. Sponsor members have access to all the completed NV sites maps and can zoom in and pan around. As well as more than 100 other maps.

Robert

gallery_1_1_83959.jpg

can you prvideme a linkto this tool your using i tried to find itb ut can't guess i don't know how to nasvigateu r site wellsince i'm new to it but as link could be great so i could check for ppl asking me about thier home areas thanks