HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

How would this qualify as a warranty repair/replacement if it was caused by you dropping the phone?

Chatted with HTC and I described the problem (didn't mention dropping) and they said it should be covered by warranty. Sent it away for repair two days ago.

Sent from my 0PAJ5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone have any problems with navigation button backlight? I have had my my phone for a week and at nights if the phone is not laid flat and under a light the back light does not turn on. This is so weird. I noticed this right after the latest sprint update.

I have back light set to be on while the screen is on and if I go anywhere without direct light on the face of phone the back light turns off. Tapping on the buttons does not turn them on either.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my phone back yesterday! (Took long enough!) I actually think it's a new device. It came with a new SIM card and the IMEI is different. Also there was a scratch on the back that I can no longer locate! All I paid was the $12 or so I spent to ship it. They paid the return shipping via UPS.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What is everyone using for photos and media player apps?

A Canon camera and a Sony Discman.

AJ

• Like 1

I prefer my Sorny Walkman.

Nothing but a genuine Panaphonics for me.

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 8 and 9 were covered by Uh Oh, even when sold by other retailers. The 10 is only covered when sold directly by HTC.

Yeah found out the hard way. Some how my screen spider web cracked even with spigen case on and a screen first fall that sounded like an explosion on impact. HTC says tough loss, nothing they can do. Sucks

Yeah found out the hard way. Some how my screen spider web cracked even with spigen case on and a screen first fall that sounded like an explosion on impact. HTC says tough loss, nothing they can do. Sucks

That does suck. Guess I got lucky with my replacement!

I also had a Spigen case on mine. I think I might write to them and complain. I bought a case by Expee on Amazon that I like a lot better, was half the price, and I feel provides better protection than the Spigen does.

That does suck. Guess I got lucky with my replacement!

I also had a Spigen case on mine. I think I might write to them and complain. I bought a case by Expee on Amazon that I like a lot better, was half the price, and I feel provides better protection than the Spigen does.

Yeah especially the headaches I get now looking on phone. Ugh.

Spigen is cool. The first version of the 10's case had the top cut out for IR emitters that never happened. I complained cause it was stupid and they put me on the waiting list for version 2. like 2 weeks after that they contacted me and apologized for the delays they were having and offered a slim armor in its replacement. Good company.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to transfer blackberry contacts and sms to One M10? It seems htc sync manager can't do this.

I assume your talking about blackberry OS and not their Android blackberries right?

Can you sync your BlackBerry contacts with Google or export them to Outlook? The only way to do that is sync them with an online service or export and import. It has been a while since I had a blackberry but I remember the process being pretty simple.

I don't think there was any way to back up sms messages except to other blackberries. I actually don't think I brought mine over when I switched.

Sent from my 2PS64

I assume your talking about blackberry OS and not their Android blackberries right?

Can you sync your BlackBerry contacts with Google or export them to Outlook? The only way to do that is sync them with an online service or export and import. It has been a while since I had a blackberry but I remember the process being pretty simple.

I don't think there was any way to back up sms messages except to other blackberries. I actually don't think I brought mine over when I switched.

Sent from my 2PS64

Thanks, I finally made it with Outlook. For text messages, the only way i find out it backup the phone with Blackberry desktop software and restore messages from it with other apps. Here is the one that work for me:

http://www.androidphonesoft.com/resources/transfer-contacts-from-blackberry-to-samsung.html

Hope this helps someone who switched from Blackberry to HTC.

Yeah noticed that this morning too. Strange for the 10 being HTC's top phone, no? Unless sales so bad Sprint banking on bolt being something

I love my 10! And so does my aunt. My mom wanted to get the same one.

Now she is leaning towards the Bolt, but I don't like that it's a Sprint exclusive..and also has "last year's" specs? That's odd.

I love my 10! And so does my aunt. My mom wanted to get the same one.

Now she is leaning towards the Bolt, but I don't like that it's a Sprint exclusive..and also has "last year's" specs? That's odd.

Yeah the wife wanted me to use an upgrade of one of our other lines to replace my current 10 so I could actually have a non broken screen. So looked this morning and was like wtf, no more 10? Makes sense though since best buy has been out of stock for Sprint for so long. Sucky sauce. The bolt is way to expensive for last years specs.

Yeah the wife wanted me to use an upgrade of one of our other lines to replace my current 10 so I could actually have a non broken screen. So looked this morning and was like wtf, no more 10? Makes sense though since best buy has been out of stock for Sprint for so long. Sucky sauce. The bolt is way to expensive for last years specs.

The Bolt will be half price for Black Friday...

The Bolt will be half price for Black Friday...

But it's still less powerful than the 10.

Did you try dealing with HTC for the screen? I dropped my phone, screen did not break but the display was damaged, and they replaced it under warranty.

Yeah I talked with HTC they said tough crap. Talked to sprint they said buy issuance then. Lol. I was mostly ticked off because when I bought the 10 on the day it was released, I asked the rep behind counter if UhOh covered the phone especially since they had the ad on the counter top. Did you buy directly from HTC?

Edited by mbaseball3