HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

I have had every single htc flagship since the ppc-6700 apache.  The only htc I had legitimate issues with was the htc touch pro, I probably had that device replaced 5 or 6 times due to having screen issues.  But other than the touch pro, every other htc device was perfect as far as build quality and reliability.

• Like 1

I've been a fan of HTC since the Apache days and yes their phone quality has always been superb, however, something is going on with the HTC10 that made the software go into bootloader before the motherboard went bad (according to the techs) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll add to HTCs build quality. Its a great builder and designer of phones. Their Sense interface is hands down the best. Their only downside is that they always seem to bring up the rear in the rf department, and for me that's the deal breaker. If HTC can get it together and build a streak of strong rf performing phones, then I would buy another HTC.

I'll add to HTCs build quality. Its a great builder and designer of phones. Their Sense interface is hands down the best. Their only downside is that they always seem to bring up the rear in the rf department, and for me that's the deal breaker. If HTC can get it together and build a streak of strong rf performing phones, then I would buy another HTC.

In the past yes but the 10 performs exceptionally well based on my experience.

• Like 3

In the past yes but the 10 performs exceptionally well based on my experience.

I agree, my brother has the HTC 10, and so far when comparing SCP it is within a dB or two of my dad's G4 and my G5. 

• Like 1

Is it reproducible?

Anyone know why Open World cannot be added to the HTC 10? I can add it to all of the other devices on my Sprint account. The Sprint reps I've talked to have no idea why it can't be done, but can only tell me that it cannot be done.

Anyone know why Open World cannot be added to the HTC 10? I can add it to all of the other devices on my Sprint account. The Sprint reps I've talked to have no idea why it can't be done, but can only tell me that it cannot be done.

I have it on mine.

0c077a035ae07c2a3169c4253ad9e153.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I dropped my phone on a sidewalk, with a case on it, and now the screen does weird things. I don't even know how to explain it, except that anywhere where there's white text there is a band that goes up and down the whole phone. FML

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I dropped my phone on a sidewalk, with a case on it, and now the screen does weird things. I don't even know how to explain it, except that anywhere where there's white text there is a band that goes up and down the whole phone. FML

Does HTC still have their free replacement in place? I think it was called uh oh protection or something similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does HTC still have their free replacement in place? I think it was called uh oh protection or something similar.

I think only if you bought it direct from HTC. But it should have a warranty regardless...

I think only if you bought it direct from HTC. But it should have a warranty regardless...

HTC replaced my sister's m8 under uh oh protection and I purchased it from Sprint on easy pay.

Well I'll find out soon! Gonna go online later and look into it.

How does that work? Do you have to send the broken one in? Or do they send the replacement first?

They placed a hold on my credit card and sent the new one then I sent the old one back in the same box

They placed a hold on my credit card and sent the new one then I sent the old one back in the same box

The 8 and 9 were covered no matter what. The 10 only comes with Uh Oh if you buy it from HTC. At least that was the way the website appeared to explain it when my brother got his a couple months ago.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

The 8 and 9 were covered no matter what. The 10 only comes with Uh Oh if you buy it from HTC. At least that was the way the website appeared to explain it when my brother got his a couple months ago.

Sent from my LG G5

Ahh, that's too bad. It was pretty cool they offered that.

Ahh, that's too bad. It was pretty cool they offered that.

HTC said I have to go through Sprint. I can't believe they don't have a warranty that's not Uh oh Protection. 5 years ago when I had the EVO Shift, I had a problem with my screen, and I sent it in and they repaired it. I don't think I paid anything.

HTC said I have to go through Sprint. I can't believe they don't have a warranty that's not Uh oh Protection. 5 years ago when I had the EVO Shift, I had a problem with my screen, and I sent it in and they repaired it. I don't think I paid anything.

How would this qualify as a warranty repair/replacement if it was caused by you dropping the phone? 

• Like 1

How would this qualify as a warranty repair/replacement if it was caused by you dropping the phone? 

It should be covered under Uh Oh protection.  That's one of the devices main selling points.  Although I believe Uh Oh protection is only eligible for users that purchased it on HTC.com. 

When I picked up my 10 the first day we could get it, Sprint said it's covered by Uh Oh when I asked. Problem is, it was a store rep that said it and we all know how well that always works out????

It should be covered under Uh Oh protection.  That's one of the devices main selling points.  Although I believe Uh Oh protection is only eligible for users that purchased it on HTC.com. 

Yes, I am aware of that but he said "But it should have a warranty regardless..." which would imply to me that he feels it should get replaced even if its not covered under Uh Oh Protection, hence my question.

• Like 1

When I picked up my 10 the first day we could get it, Sprint said it's covered by Uh Oh when I asked. Problem is, it was a store rep that said it and we all know how well that always works out

The 8 and 9 were covered by Uh Oh, even when sold by other retailers. The 10 is only covered when sold directly by HTC.

Looks like there is a new update available. 1.80.651.6 (332.28MB) Security update by Google. Guess I will be the guinea pig.

is this for the unlocked version?

Perhaps 3xCA?

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk