HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

I'm planning to upgrade from SIII to HTC 10. My primary reservation is that the sales appear to be weak (judging strictly from the amount of reviews on Sprint/Amazon/Verison/T-Mobile), I'm concerned that HTC and/or Sprint might not support the device for 2-3 years down the road. Is this something I should worry about? Thx!

In terms of updates I wouldn't worry. The biggest issue with the lack of sales seems to be sheer lack of production in general on HTC's part. This phone proved extremely hard to find at launch with no stores in the area even having received them and to this day I don't even know if any store has them.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

One thing I've noticed is the 10 uses a crap ton of battery when Bluetooth is on. Whether it's paired with my JBL pros or not, Bluetooth battery use is one of the top users up until of course I really get into using phone.

Anyone having an issue with links in Gmail opening with the setup wizard browser instead of Chrome?

No. Try clearing cache and force stop the app and try again

One thing I've noticed is the 10 uses a crap ton of battery when Bluetooth is on. Whether it's paired with my JBL pros or not, Bluetooth battery use is one of the top users up until of course I really get into using phone.

I really don't see that much more battery use when I connect my earphones on bluetooth.

Snapchat kills my battery.

I'll have to get a screen shot next time I think of it just to compare. Just weird cause my m8 didn't even have Bluetooth anywhere near top of the list.

Over the past few days I've noticed increased battery life because of bluetooth, but it wasn't when i was streaming anything via bluetooth. I would always leave BT on because it would automatically connect to my car, but most of the day it would sit as idle. I normally never had issues with this, but then a few days ago I noticed that on my battery history screen, "Awake" had a solid green line going across the entire screen, and I spent at least an hour trying to figure out what was causing it. And turning off bluetooth for some reason fixed the issue. I think it was because over memorial day weekend, I went to visit my cousin in Ohio and she had me pair my phone to her car via bluetooth and after that point my phone kept trying to scan and connect to her car. I removed her car from my paired devices list, and now I'm going through the process of leaving bluetooth on all day to see if that's still affecting my wake locks.

• Like 1

Is the actual battery draining faster or is bluetooth just on the top of the list of most used battery?

I honestly feel it's draining faster when bt is on.

Over the past few days I've noticed increased battery life because of bluetooth, but it wasn't when i was streaming anything via bluetooth. I would always leave BT on because it would automatically connect to my car, but most of the day it would sit as idle. I normally never had issues with this, but then a few days ago I noticed that on my battery history screen, "Awake" had a solid green line going across the entire screen, and I spent at least an hour trying to figure out what was causing it. And turning off bluetooth for some reason fixed the issue. I think it was because over memorial day weekend, I went to visit my cousin in Ohio and she had me pair my phone to her car via bluetooth and after that point my phone kept trying to scan and connect to her car. I removed her car from my paired devices list, and now I'm going through the process of leaving bluetooth on all day to see if that's still affecting my wake locks.

Yeah I have a major wake lock also. The phone awake bar is typically solid or nearly solid green. Along with wifi, even with it off and unchecked for scanning.

So my phone is not allowing data when I roam but I can get calls and text.when I go to the debug screen under EVDO menu it all says failed. They opened up a network ticket but I think it's the phone should I go get an exchange

So my phone is not allowing data when I roam but I can get calls and text.when I go to the debug screen under EVDO menu it all says failed. They opened up a network ticket but I think it's the phone should I go get an exchange

I'm assuming you went into roaming settings and made sure data was checked?

I haven't had an issue with that, when you are within wifi coverage try a profile update in the system updates menu.

I have noticed if you are roaming in an area without evdo roaming it can be extremely difficult to get a stable data connection, probably because of how much data smart phones send and receive.

Sent from my 2PS64

Sorry, I should have been more clear on what I was looking for. I was trying to see what signal level and band your phone was seeing... Its possible where ever your at has evdo roaming in a higher band or it doesn't allow evdo roaming at all. If your on a sprint signal on 1x in band 10 its very possible you can't recieve evdo in the PCS band where your at.

Sent from my 2PS64

Sorry, I should have been more clear on what I was looking for. I was trying to see what signal level and band your phone was seeing... Its possible where ever your at has evdo roaming in a higher band or it doesn't allow evdo roaming at all. If your on a sprint signal on 1x in band 10 its very possible you can't recieve evdo in the PCS band where your at.

Sent from my 2PS64

I roam on Verizons cellular band at my house also I just upgraded from an g3 and it worked fine when roaming

I roam on Verizons cellular band at my house also I just upgraded from an g3 and it worked fine when roaming

I think it was briefly mentioned earlier. Go into cellular network settings and make sure data roaming is on. Most devices are off by default. Recently went on a cruise and got a text from sprint saying roaming was included but couldn't get data to work. Had to switch data roaming to on... Just a suggestion as I don't have the HTC 10.

Edit: I'm referencing through android settings, not through the dialer.

Edited by HTCandroid