HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

Just got mine today. I have to get used to the power button on the side (ugh). Other than that no complaints so far. I am trying to keep it off of the charger tonight and play around with the camera.

I've stopped pressing the power button accidentally now, although I do still reach to the top for it! Also it's really easy for taking screen shots.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

My brother had the 10 shipped to my house, opened it up this evening. Seems like a really solid phone. Haven't activated it yet since he's still using his M8 until I can give the new one to him, so can't comment on reception. But everything else seems very nice. Almost makes me want to upgrade from my G4, just can't justify the money since there's really nothing wrong with my G4 lol.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

c07313902c045da4d9ee50ab9094ff03.jpg

I know there was some discussion of this before, but I don't remember, is it a bug? Or is this really happening? Guess I could make a call to test it out.

The consensus is it is not a bug and is happening. After wavelength pointed out that a lot of discussion happened in the signalcheck thread I checked and it turns out iPhones do it too.

My m8 never did it even when we got marshmallow. My guess is it had to be a radio limitation.

It will really help people who are in fringe areas that have an iffy lte signal.

Sent from my 2PS64

The consensus is it is not a bug and is happening. After wavelength pointed out that a lot of discussion happened in the signalcheck thread I checked and it turns out iPhones do it too.

My m8 never did it even when we got marshmallow. My guess is it had to be a radio limitation.

It will really help people who are in fringe areas that have an iffy lte signal.

Sent from my 2PS64

You'd think they'd make a big deal about this then ... because ATT has all those ads on TV about talking and surfing at the same time.

Oddly, this doesn't seem to happen everywhere. I got a little farther down the road and it was only LTE. Is it something to do with certain sites, maybe?

You'd think they'd make a big deal about this then ... because ATT has all those ads on TV about talking and surfing at the same time.

Oddly, this doesn't seem to happen everywhere. I got a little farther down the road and it was only LTE. Is it something to do with certain sites, maybe?

It's not svlte. If you have a voice call all cellular data will stop. It seems like it is receive only so your phone won't miss a text or a phone call if your phone is in a fringe area.

It seems to last like 5 or 10 minutes and if you have a solid lte signal the phone goes back to lte only.

Sent from my 2PS64

Does it matter what charging cable you use? I've read some really ... confusing ... things online about Quick Charge 3.0 and USB C cords. The one it came with is too short for my liking. I ordered 3, 10 foot cords on Amazon. It seems to work for quick charging but just want to make sure. I can't see what difference a cord would make.

Look for ones with 56 ohm resistors ie stick to ones reviewed on amazon by Benson Leung.

He has a list on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/KF89JCHI0KT4

Main profile page:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_pdp#lists

I've stopped pressing the power button accidentally now, although I do still reach to the top for it! Also it's really easy for taking screen shots.

Just found out I can wake the phone with the fingerprint scanner.

Look for ones with 56 ohm resistors ie stick to ones reviewed on amazon by Benson Leung. 

He has a list on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/KF89JCHI0KT4

Main profile page:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_pdp#lists

I saw one of the cables he listed were from Aukey which are the ones that I purchased. Since both my sister and I went and got the HTC 10 together, we just bought this 5 pack so that we can change our cables for the car chargers, work and I guess one that she keeps in her purse (the 1 foot cable).

http://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Braided-5-Pack-Macbook-ChromeBook/dp/B01B634WNK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

I have no complaints and no issues so far. These feel like the highest quality cables I've ever purchased.

I saw one of the cables he listed were from Aukey which are the ones that I purchased. Since both my sister and I went and got the HTC 10 together, we just bought this 5 pack so that we can change our cables for the car chargers, work and I guess one that she keeps in her purse (the 1 foot cable).

http://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Braided-5-Pack-Macbook-ChromeBook/dp/B01B634WNK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

I have no complaints and no issues so far. These feel like the highest quality cables I've ever purchased.

The older Aukey cables were out of spec (no 56kOhm pull-up resistor), but the one you got is probably fine, although it's not the one that is on his recommended list. I'm just hoping that Anker comes out with Powerline Plus USB type-C cables at some point, as those were by far the best micro-USB cables

Is the type-C plug on your Aukey cable stamped or extruded? (As in does it have a seam on the side?)

The older Aukey cables were out of spec (no 56kOhm pull-up resistor), but the one you got is probably fine, although it's not the one that is on his recommended list. I'm just hoping that Anker comes out with Powerline Plus USB type-C cables at some point, as those were by far the best micro-USB cables

Is the type-C plug on your Aukey cable stamped or extruded? (As in does it have a seam on the side?)

These are stamped. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that the cable is a bit stiff, so I feel a bit skeptical about bending them too far even though it would probably handle that just fine.

These are stamped. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that the cable is a bit stiff, so I feel a bit skeptical about bending them too far even though it would probably handle that just fine.

Thanks for the info. If Aukey has stamped plugs and stiff cables then I really wish Anker would start making Powerline Plus type-C cables. Their regular Powerline type-C cables have nice extruded plugs and the Powerline Plus microUSB cables have a pretty small bend radius, around 3/4" or so.

Edited by Kisakuku

I ordered these cables:

UNISAME [Pack of 3Pcs] 10Ft Rugged Bold Braided USB Type-C 3.1 to USB 2.0 A Data Charging Cable Reversible Connector Charger Cord for LG G5, Nokia N1, Nexus 6P 5X, HTC 10, Oneplus 2 and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRVKZXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_9l8qxb08YPN0R

Before I knew anything about this whole Quick charge 3.0 / USB C thing. Someone asked the question if they have the 56 ohm piece and they said yes, so idk. It seems to work with Quick Charge with no issue.

Also bought 2 Tech Matte micro USB to USB-C converters. Both of those work well, too, but didn't try it with the quick charge and probably won't. One went on my car charger and another is in the basement. You don't realize how many cables you have lying around until you can't use them for anything anymore!

And yes, the fingerprint scanner to wake up the phone is awesome. My only complaint is that the Spigen case I ordered somehow affects me placing my finger on the reader and more often than not it doesn't read properly. But I just need to figure out the sweet spot.

what are you guys using for Photo Editing apps? I noticed HTC gallery is not compatible with the 10..

I downloaded Google Photos but I don't like that you can't write / doodle over the top of them.

I downloaded Google Photos but I don't like that you can't write / doodle over the top of them.

That's what I was referring too.. I'm looking to see what you guys are using for editing not storage...