GCI iPhone

RAvirani

Does anyone know how to acquire the GCI of a site on an iPhone? We can see Phisical Cell ID, Tracking Area Code and Cell Identity. Is there a way to derive the GCI with this information?

The Cell Identity is the base 10 GCI. In base 16 it would be 0x0B617A02.

The Cell Identity is the base 10 GCI. In base 16 it would be 0x0B617A02.

Ok I feel very stupid now ????. Another question though: is there a way to use the GCI to obtain the cascade ID of a site?

Ok I feel very stupid now . Another question though: is there a way to use the GCI to obtain the cascade ID of a site?

Eh, kinda. Cascade ID order for the most part correlates with a GCI pattern at least in Samsung markets, but there are gaps in site IDs. So there's no way to precisely tell. Fortunately S4GRU has site IDs for a majority of sites except for some that have more recently come online. The best bet to start figuring out which site is which is to develop a spreadsheet containing your market's known site IDs, and log in the related field data. It's the toughest to match when data is lacking, but becomes progressively easier as a more defined pattern emerges.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to acquire the GCI of a site on an iPhone? We can see Phisical Cell ID, Tracking Area Code and Cell Identity. Is there a way to derive the GCI with this information?

attachicon.gif image.png

That looks like a 10x10 carrier.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That looks like a 10x10 carrier.

I know. I was the one that reported 10x10 when it was first launched in Seattle. We've had it for quite a while now.

• Like 1

I know. I was the one that reported 10x10 when it was first launched in Seattle. We've had it for quite a while now.

Still delivering good data speeds I hope?

Still delivering good data speeds I hope?

Hard to tell. With all of the clear conversions, B41 is pretty much everywhere - even more so than B25. If I see B25 at all, it's usually in the -114 to -118 range so I can never really get a good speed test (it's usually 8-15 Mbps down or so in the -114 to -118 range). B26 cannot come soon enough for us though...

Hard to tell. With all of the clear conversions, B41 is pretty much everywhere - even more so than B25. If I see B25 at all, it's usually in the -114 to -118 range so I can never really get a good speed test (it's usually 8-15 Mbps down or so in the -114 to -118 range). B26 cannot come soon enough for us though...

Wait there's not band 26 or there? Tho it's close to Canada so I can see it. Thought it was already there

Wait there's not band 26 or there? Tho it's close to Canada so I can see it. Thought it was already there

They filed for a bunch of B26 installations which were approved by the FCC but nothing live yet (at least that anyone has seen)

They filed for a bunch of B26 installations which were approved by the FCC but nothing live yet (at least that anyone has seen)

Are there drops to 3G due to not having band 26.

Are there drops to 3G due to not having band 26.

Well I used to have a dual band device (B25 and B26) and it was terrible. Extremely spotty. Lucky for us, clear had a super dense network and since nearly all of their towers have received B41, it is a lot better. For example at my house, I would see 1x/3G at dbms of -105ish with my iPhone 5S but now I get -108ish B41 from a nearby clear conversion. There are drops to 3G but they are few and rare because sites have been quite well optimized here. There are a lot of fringe areas where I'm at -114ish LTE where it would be nice to have B26 to fall back on though.

Well I used to have a dual band device (B25 and B26) and it was terrible. Extremely spotty. Lucky for us, clear had a super dense network and since nearly all of their towers have received B41, it is a lot better. For example at my house, I would see 1x/3G at dbms of -105ish with my iPhone 5S but now I get -108ish B41 from a nearby clear conversion. There are drops to 3G but they are few and rare because sites have been quite well optimized here. There are a lot of fringe areas where I'm at -114ish LTE where it would be nice to have B26 to fall back on though.

Nice. I live in Minnesota. Here Sprint needs better site dense even with band 26 sometimes there is drops to 3G. Tho the building I work at has alot of medal. So even my Verizon work phone loses LTE

Nice. I live in Minnesota. Here Sprint needs better site dense even with band 26 sometimes there is drops to 3G. Tho the building I work at has alot of medal. So even my Verizon work phone loses LTE

All we really need in Seattle is an extra 5-6 dbm on LTE which I'm sure B26 will be able to provide. Also, funny you say that about Verizon because I've found Verizons coverage in Seattle to be TERRIBLE. No service at my house, I am routinely unable to establish a data session while out and about, lots of 1x - their site spacing could be a lot better. I am baffled by their root metrics score - I guess I just happen to only spend my time in their dead spots lol

All we really need in Seattle is an extra 5-6 dbm on LTE which I'm sure B26 will be able to provide. Also, funny you say that about Verizon because I've found Verizons coverage in Seattle to be TERRIBLE. No service at my house, I am routinely unable to establish a data session while out and about, lots of 1x - their site spacing could be a lot better. I am baffled by their root metrics score - I guess I just happen to only spend my time in their dead spots lol

Verizon has people they pay to drive around and, search for dead spots. So sometime that could change if someone finds it.

Verizon has people they pay to drive around and, search for dead spots. So sometime that could change if someone finds it.

They should probably hire some better people then because it's been like this for the last 10 years [emoji23]

They should probably hire some better people then because it's been like this for the last 10 years [emoji23]

Lol. I think it's something they just recently started doing.

The firm that Verizon pays for their ads, RootMetrics, is based in Bellevue. Guess who else is based there?

If anything that makes the beef T-Mobile has with RootMetrics funny. This is probably the kind of thing that could get resolved over lunch.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk