Removing iCloud account from erased iPhone 5

JThorson

Hi everyone,

So here's the story. My work gives out iphones and there is an iPhone 5 who's someone icloud account is synced with but this person passed away so we can't ask them for the account. They already wiped the phone but they didn't sign out of the icloud account and when we try to activate it, it shows that persons email and no one can sign in with a different account. Does anyone know a know to disconnect this persons icloud account and perform a complete wipe?

Thanks for any input.

~Jeff

Hi everyone,

So here's the story. My work gives out iphones and there is an iPhone 5 who's someone icloud account is synced with but this person passed away so we can't ask them for the account. They already wiped the phone but they didn't sign out of the icloud account and when we try to activate it, it shows that persons email and no one can sign in with a different account. Does anyone know a know to disconnect this persons icloud account and perform a complete wipe?

Thanks for any input.

~Jeff

Unfortunately, there is no way to delete an iCloud account without logging out. This is an activation security lock feature.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I work IT/Mobility support for a corporation that gives out iPhones. If we get a returned phone that is activation locked, I can provide Apple with a purchase order to get the device unlocked. (Basically proving the device is owned by the company and the sub-user no longer has it in their possession) I have some documentation somewhere that might help, I'll check it out tomorrow. 

EDIT: Found an e-mail on my work phone.

1. Call Apple Enterprise Support (8667527753) - provide IMEI or Serial # of the device that needs to be unlocked
  2. Apple rep will send you an e-mail with a form, case # and instructions
  3. Procure the device's receipt or purchase order. (Proof of purchase from reseller to business) 
  4. Enclose the receipt/PO with the form Apple sent and send it back to Apple.
  5. Apple will reply to confirm verification of proof of purchase and that Activation Lock has been removed

This will likely only work if you are an enterprise organization with Apple that buys iPhones in bulk, I'm not sure how this would go otherwise. Hope it helps though. 

• Like 2