Project Cedar / LTE - West / East Montana

lilotimz

For discussion related to sprints network expansion in Montana based on the cellular one network assets sprint purchased and need to deploy lte g block due to build out requirements.

• Like 5

I use that map also, it shows other coverage in Montana but the folks over at S4GRU said that someone is spoofing the coverage in Montana so hopefully your post is legit.

It's happening...

I use that app also but I've been told that people are making fake coverages becuause it shows coverage in Montana and North Dakota that isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use that map also, it shows other coverage in Montana but the folks over at S4GRU said that someone is spoofing the coverage in Montana so hopefully your post is legit.

I use that app also but I've been told that people are making fake coverages becuause it shows coverage in Montana and North Dakota that isn't true.

If you zoom in on it on Sensorly.com on a computer, it will tell you when the measurement was taken.  That particular swath was added in March of 2016, so it's fresh.  

To your point, look at the LTE purple in Alaska - it's a few years old and obviously an error.

• Like 3

The older Eastern Montana, Western North Dakota and Alaska Sprint LTE mapping on Sensorly is not legit. But the new Missoula Sprint LTE mapping does appear to be real. This is because we know Sprint is working in the area and we had reports from Missoula earlier this week of native Sprint CDMA coverage appearing. If all goes to plan, I will be in Missoula next Thursday night and can check for myself.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 4

The older Eastern Montana, Western North Dakota and Alaska Sprint LTE mapping on Sensorly is not legit. But the new Missoula Sprint LTE mapping does appear to be real. This is because we know Sprint is working in the area and we had reports from Missoula earlier this week of native Sprint CDMA coverage appearing. If all goes to plan, I will be in Missoula next Thursday night and can check for myself.

Wow. Let us know what you find Robert!

Great stuff Robert, now I know the Alaska LTE on sensorly is not accurate but I recently went on their and noticed purple for anchorage. Assuming that's not right, when will sprint have LTE sites live there ? You mentioned before that they have protection sites there I believe.

Do we know if any of this new work will eventually spill into the western Dakotas?

Not from Project Cedar. Sprint is partnering with Golden West around Rapid City, James Valley Telecom in Aberdeen and SRT/ND Networks in Bismarck and Minot. Also, Swiftel is overlaying GMO LTE on their Eastern SD/NW Iowa network.

• Like 1

Not from Project Cedar. Sprint is partnering with Golden West around Rapid City, James Valley Telecom in Aberdeen and SRT/ND Networks in Bismarck and Minot. Also, Swiftel is overlaying GMO LTE on their Eastern SD/NW Iowa network.

This is a partnership and not native Sprint equipment?

This is a partnership and not native Sprint equipment?

The Montana stuff is native Sprint. The stuff in Western/Central ND and all SD is partnership. 

Does anyone have a map or information on where the sites acquired from CellularOne in Montana actually are?

There is a map in the Honored Premier section of S4GRU that shows them all.

• Like 3

Right now it takes about $300 in total donations to become an Honored Premier Sponsor. It would be great if you joined the ranks. The site almost desperately needs your donation. :fingers:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Right now it takes about $300 in total donations to become an Honored Premier Sponsor. It would be great if you joined the ranks. The site almost desperately needs your donation. :fingers:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm working on getting the money together. Hopefully I'll be able to donate soon...

• Like 2

The Montana stuff is native Sprint. The stuff in Western/Central ND and all SD is partnership.

So what does partnership mean ? I thought the partners would use sprints airwaves to roll out LTE ? So when it's deployed by the partners it won't be treated as native sprint coverage ? Sorry I'm lost here

So what does partnership mean ? I thought the partners would use sprints airwaves to roll out LTE ? So when it's deployed by the partners it won't be treated as native sprint coverage ? Sorry I'm lost here

These networks are leasing the spectrum from Sprint. I don't believe Golden West in western SD and SRT/ND Networks in Bismarck and Minot are direct roaming partners at this time, so the spectrum may not be accessible by Sprint customers. This is done so that the spectrum is in use and meets the FCC requirements. The Swiftel GMO LTE overlay in eastern SD should be accessible at some point. 

These networks are leasing the spectrum from Sprint. I don't believe Golden West in western SD and SRT/ND Networks in Bismarck and Minot are direct roaming partners at this time, so the spectrum may not be accessible by Sprint customers. This is done so that the spectrum is in use and meets the FCC requirements. The Swiftel GMO LTE overlay in eastern SD should be accessible at some point.

Why would sprint just give away their spectrum with no roaming deal or anything?