Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

On the new update, can someone test this for me? Set Location to GPS Only for a few hours & then check Battery Usage for Android System. Is the GPS constantly on for almost as long as GPS was turned on or was GPS active for just a few seconds or minutes?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Uh oh. My two month old phone is showing purple and green spots on the screen. No drops. No water ???? ????

b755c91fad3f9e164b86441f2e6576db.jpg

4972e0d6feecaba4e8f531e00ff7ba87.jpg

c7910b9f31e2aaa68b9f89fcf2b3e7ef.jpg

That blows. Warranty time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish I hadn't taken through PD3 update. Battery life was twice as good before.

Same here. PB5 was the best for battery life. I don't think the May update will fix it either. I'd love to be proven wrong.

In the meanwhile, I've been decreasing my standby drain through an app called ForceDoze. I can now get > 6 hrs of SOT with everything on except sync.

Uh oh. My two month old phone is showing purple and green spots on the screen. No drops. No water ???? ????

4972e0d6feecaba4e8f531e00ff7ba87.jpg

What messaging app is that?

Edit: Nvm it's whatsapp. I knew that.

Lookie here! All 3 factory firmwares!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=56092

I have successfully downgraded to PC5 myself, but can't get the PB5 to work, I always get a bootloop.

The uploader says he has successfully downgraded from PD3 to PB5 (sans bootloader) soooo your mileage may vary.

But at any rate, pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Rokform about to release their locking mount / magnetic mount case for the s7 edge.

http://www.rokform.com/galaxy-S7-Edge-cases

Great setup on my bike.

Still prefer the Speck Candy Shell for daily carry where I don't need a mount option.

http://www.speckproducts.com/samsung/smartphone-cases/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-cases/candyshell-grip-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-cases/GS7E-CSG.html#q=s7%2Bedge&start=2

The update seems like another good one. My phone's been off the charger for 13 hrs & 19 mins and I'm at 40%battery left with 3 hrs 19 mins SOT.

Got the notification for update APF2 just now. Going to run it now and see what happens.

This is my first Samsung device. I was a bit worried about their history of updates, but I'm impressed. A timely update each month. This is my first Samsung device, but it may not be my last.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

• Like 1

Anyone else still having issues with WiFi calling enabled and receiving/making HD calls? I just experienced my first ever HD call on this phone by deactivating WiFi calling, but I want both :(