Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Well worth the $2 I think it costs for the premium version, I think you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hmm I 'll try it out thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Well worth the $2 I think it costs for the premium version, I think you'll enjoy it.

Just downloaded this thanks for the info. But now for some reason I can't activate this as a device administrator. Won't let me enable or cancel. Had this happened to anyone on the s7e.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Just downloaded this thanks for the info. But now for some reason I can't activate this as a device administrator. Won't let me enable or cancel. Had this happened to anyone on the s7e.

I have an S7. Not an Edge, though.

I've had Package Disabler Pro for months and have had zero problems. I also seem to be able to designate apps as administrators without issue.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have an S7. Not an Edge, though.

I've had Package Disabler Pro for months and have had zero problems. I also seem to be able to designate apps as administrators without issue.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've had no issues in the past. Just all of a sudden I can't make any app a device admin. It's not greyed out. Just doesn't register the click. Google yields varying results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comments/6bknq3/android_os_was_draining_my_battery_a_lot_i/

That would be funny if turning off one of N's improvements helps battery life.

That's interesting, I've noticed a big drain with Android OS as well recently, might have to give this a try.

Was looking in to it a little further, apparently going to apps and resetting app permissions under apps can help a lot. Just did this myself will report back with any findings.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I no longer have the S7 Edge. This past weekend, as I was entering the house, a big gust of wind slammed the storm door against me. Making me loose my grip on the S7E and it (like in a slow motion scene) fell on to the edge of the stairs and destroyed the display. aarrgghh. 

Well, I no longer have the S7 Edge. This past weekend, as I was entering the house, a big gust of wind slammed the storm door against me. Making me loose my grip on the S7E and it (like in a slow motion scene) fell on to the edge of the stairs and destroyed the display. aarrgghh. 

I can commiserate.   :cry:

Robert

I feel your pain, I dropped my Note 5 this past weekend as well I don't use a case and forgot it was on my lap when I got out of my car and down went the phone. Luckily besides a scrape on the frame and a slight crack near the earpiece the screen itself is unharmed.

Guess you'll be moving onto an S8+? Might be my goto soon, Note 8 isn't looking too promising.

Well that same Saturday, I went to the store and was debating between fixing it, replacing it with another S7 Edge or move on to the S8+. I really wanted to hold out for the Note 8, but Miss "I'm throwing you a curve ball" Life lady got in the way. So I now have the S8+. 

Ironically, I didn't think much of the S8 or the S8+ when they were unveiled, but after using it for a few days, I have to take back my words and say, it really is quite impressive.

TS

• Like 3

Well that same Saturday, I went to the store and was debating between fixing it, replacing it with another S7 Edge or move on to the S8+. I really wanted to hold out for the Note 8, but Miss "I'm throwing you a curve ball" Life lady got in the way. So I now have the S8+. 

Ironically, I didn't think much of the S8 or the S8+ when they were unveiled, but after using it for a few days, I have to take back my words and say, it really is quite impressive.

TS

Awesome to hear, that's why I never went to the S7 or S7 Edge it just wasn't worth it, both performance and feature wise my Note 5 stays right with the 7 series. But the 8 I would hope is a lot better, maybe I'll go check it out soon I am getting that itch, and plus I never use the spen anyway lol. How are you liking the battery life of the +? better than the S7 Edge?

Edit - Well the temptation got to me, just put in my order for the S8+, it will be here tomorrow. Good deal online no activation fee so it was $82.24 out the door, also ordered a case on Amazon for $15 which will be here tomorrow as well. Not a bad $100 spent. :D

• Like 1

Awesome to hear, that's why I never went to the S7 or S7 Edge it just wasn't worth it, both performance and feature wise my Note 5 stays right with the 7 series. But the 8 I would hope is a lot better, maybe I'll go check it out soon I am getting that itch, and plus I never use the spen anyway lol. How are you liking the battery life of the +? better than the S7 Edge?

Edit - Well the temptation got to me, just put in my order for the S8+, it will be here tomorrow. Good deal online no activation fee so it was $82.24 out the door, also ordered a case on Amazon for $15 which will be here tomorrow as well. Not a bad $100 spent. :D

I have an S8+ and it's a nice phone, "standby time" is excellent. On a full charge just before bedtime and 9 hours later the battery is still at 100% (I'm hardly even using it). Unfortunately, I had to switch carriers because of my daughters, one is working and the other is going to start college where Sprint doesn't have good coverage, that's the only reason. The town where I live, Sprint is faster than Verizon.

This has around 45 mins screen time

http://www.dropbox.com/s/5dzoc34tg8zzwjs/SB-16hrs.jpg?dl=0

How are you liking the battery life of the +? better than the S7 Edge?

Pretty good. And I don't stop using my phone (text, twitter and web). Ironically I don't use the phone part for calls. So I can't comment how good it is talking on the phone.

TS

Pretty good. And I don't stop using my phone (text, twitter and web). Ironically I don't use the phone part for calls. So I can't comment how good it is talking on the phone.

TS

I maybe hit a 100 minutes a month talk time, I'm all data and text.

• 2 weeks later...

is it usual for the S7 Edge to overheat and slow down and the battery to drain quickly?

Not for me. I've had my GS7E since March 7th of 2016.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Not for me. I've had my GS7E since March 7th of 2016.

It over heats and slows down...I don't know what to do

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

It over heats and slows down...I don't know what to do

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Have you tried a factory reset? Or try flashing the 935U firmware. It's great. Faster, smoother, less bloat, and better battery life.

Have you tried a factory reset? Or try flashing the 935U firmware. It's great. Faster, smoother, less bloat, and better battery life.

The Sprint version of the S7 Edge and I tried reflashing the software factory reset doesn't work

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk