Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

So this is weird. All of a sudden when someone tries to call me my phone doesn't ring and the person on the other end gets a busy signal. I've done a profile update and it seems to fix it temporarily but it isn't permanent. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause or what else I could do to try and fix it?

So this is weird. All of a sudden when someone tries to call me my phone doesn't ring and the person on the other end gets a busy signal. I've done a profile update and it seems to fix it temporarily but it isn't permanent. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause or what else I could do to try and fix it?

I'm having the same problem on my note 5 with Calls and texts. Sometimes my phone says No Service too other times it shows I have signal but No calls or texts. Never did it till the recent update.

Is anyone else having issues with Samsung Cloud failing to sync with the Samsung servers & backing up data?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Seems stable so far. What have you used Samsung pass for?

I set it up, but haven't used it and most likely will never use it.

No other place to ask and I'm sure a rumor thread would get deleted but I want to ask...

Do you guys think there is weight to Samsung forgoing the home button for a full screen S8 phone with a virtual home button?

No other place to ask and I'm sure a rumor thread would get deleted but I want to ask...

Do you guys think there is weight to Samsung forgoing the home button for a full screen S8 phone with a virtual home button?

Every year there is always some ridiculous rumor that never pans out, as far as this one though, I don't know but I would say probably not.  But if it does then it would be cool as hell.

• Like 1

If they truly want to keep customers happy, the headphone jack should remain. The Note 7 (now S7e) is my first Galaxy device...  I'll be honest, I really like the physical home button, but the one on the Note 7 was so much better than the super-clicky S7e.  Last but not least, bring back the IR emitter.

• Like 1

Sorry for my ignorance but I thought the S7 already had 3x CA.

It has the capability to do it but its turned off. The htc bolt was first to have it on and the s7 will be next. Im in an area that is 87% b41 complete and has a ton of and 3rd channels live just waiting to be used. So it should be prettt awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question: What's the default messenger app that's on the beta some of you guys are running? Still Samsung's app or is Google Messenger the new thing? I had heard Sprint was launching some phones this way.

I use Google Messenger, but I still have yet to get the RCS for messaging.

Make sure Google Messenger is your default texting app and do a Profile update. Then go into the Messenger app (wait a few seconds) and you should get the pop-up to turn it on.

• Like 3

New beta nougat update. Removes Samsung notes. But it's now in play store. And other bug fixes.

Beta Nougat user here too.  I sure hope this helps with the terrible lag that has started happening on my phone.  I've missed some calls due to the screen not lighting up to show who is calling.  Other times, the device won't wake up when I need it to and it makes me miss my Note 7 that much more.  For the Note Successor... I just want a Note 7 form factor with a Snapdragon 835 + 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage built in. All other features can remain the same.  They can throw in an IR emitter if they would like.  I miss that from my LG G3.