Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Can confirm. No HD voice calling from new S7 to 5x or 5x to s7. Wifi calling is setup but disabled.

Works just fine from 5x TO g4 and back.

Try other phones to s7.... It's weird!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Just picked one of these up to check out, radio performance is top notch, 2-5dbm stronger than my N6p!! You can tell its a next gen radio by how stable it holds onto B41.

Also, just wanted to point out, Gvoice does not support HD Calling. So if any of the participents have it enabled its a no go.

All in all awesome phone! 

• Like 3

Has anyone noticed issues with HD Calling? I'm now noticing that none of the calls since I got the device have been HD voice.

Yep count me in also, I actually started a thread about it in the network vision forum (I think?) anyhow I mentioned this earlier in this thread and made a new one as well. Seems like I'm not alone which is good to hear it's not just my phones (me and my wife) or market (Denver) that might be causing this?? I wonder if it was something Samsung disabled or something?

• Like 1

Anyone using wifi calling and Google voice integration on the s7e. I tried turning on wifi calling yesterday and it told me I had to disable gv integration. I had both on my s5.

it's amazing to me how much better the s7 holds to band 41 vs my old phone (LG g3) I'm where I would normally only get band 25 or 3g but now have a solid band 41 signal (-105dBm)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So far I love everything about the phone except that annoying "SD Card, For Transferring photos and Media" notification that shows up every once in a while. Can't seem to get rid of it. Now while it is easy to just swipe away the notification to clear it, it does appear randomly throughout the day. I've even moved out my images/docs onto my computer and reformatted the SD Card within the phone. Then transferred back the images/docs. But that still did not get rid of that annoying notification. Also tried de-selecting the System UI in the Optimize Battery Usage setting and that didn't help either. Ugh. 

TS

In various forums, I have seen several reports of the SD card notification.  Some people have gotten replacements and don't have the issue anymore while others have the same problem with replacements.  It doesn't seem to be limited to carrier version or Exynos or Qualcom versions.  So far I don't think there has been any real fix to the issue yet, just lots of suggestions to try.  It could be an app that is causing it, similar to the Dunkin Donuts app that was causing problems with WIFI or it could be a bad batch of sim trays causing the SD card to randomly eject.

I have been waiting to see if this is a software or hardware issue before upgrading from my S5.

my s7 edge cannot hold onto b41, compared to s5 which was almost always on b41. has anyone noticed this ?

Mine did horrible holding onto B41. Unfortunately I ended up switching to the S7 and the difference is night and day.

• Like 1

Mine did horrible holding onto B41. Unfortunately I ended up switching to the S7 and the difference is night and day.

I don't have this problem. But I did noticed places my Note 5 did not drop to 3G where my S7E does. Side to side comparison the Note 5 slightly stronger in terms of holding on to LTE. My S7E does switch back to LTE pretty quick though.

• Like 1

Since I switched phones to the edge I seem to be on B41 much more and seeing greater signal strength. Some of this could be switching from the M9 or Sprint could be building out more of the network in my area.

• Like 1

Perhaps the lack of HD calling on the S7 is related to having Wi-Fi calling enabled. If I understand correctly, the iPhones are having a similar problem when those users have it enabled as well.

What's interesting is that both the GS7s and the iPhones can't currently transmit or receive sms over Wi-Fi. I wonder if that has some correlation.