Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Guys,

I don't know if this is in the right thread, or if should pertain to my particular market thread but I just signed on with Sprint (2 lines) on Friday and since then I haven't been able to make or receive a HD voice call??

I even went to the store and the store employee tried calling my phone (S7 edge) and it said attempting HD call but was not successful in making it a HD call. We were in a good coverage area with the tower practically in the same parking lot at the corporate store.

I came over from T-Mobile and had gotten use to the VOLTE clarity and thought I wouldn't be missing it that much considering Sprint had a form of HD voice through their 1x advanced correct?

Anyhow when I look at my call log none of the calls to my wife or from her say HD call, and they sure don't sound like they are WB enabled? So is this a Samsung S7 issue with Sprints version??

Thx

I have an S7 and have not had a call marked as an HD call. I was not sure if Samsung phones showed calls as HD coming from an HTC M8 that almost always showed calls as HD.

I have an S7 and have not had a call marked as an HD call. I was not sure if Samsung phones showed calls as HD coming from an HTC M8 that almost always showed calls as HD.

All my Sprint to Sprint calls on my S7E shows HD. Not sure if its market related issues.

All my Sprint to Sprint calls on my S7E shows HD. Not sure if its market related issues.

That's what I thought, the Sprint phones of the employees (no S7's yet that I've seen) that I've seen all show in the call log HD in the log with Samsung phones here in Denver, so I don't know why it wouldn't show in the S7's and I hope it's not market relates?!

I can't really tell a difference in call quality between the HTC M8 and the S7 probably due to the very strong network in my area

It's a very noticeable difference between VOLTE calls on T-Mobile on my LG V10 compared to the S7 edge on Sprint now, I can tell the difference, it's WB audio vs NB it seems?

Let me ask you guys this on my screen through LTE Discovery it shows that I'm always connected to 1xRTT to the right of the LTE Band (currently 26 at the moment). Is that what HD voice is routed through on Sprint? is 1xRTT the same as 1xAdvanced?

It's a very noticeable difference between VOLTE calls on T-Mobile on my LG V10 compared to the S7 edge on Sprint now, I can tell the difference, it's WB audio vs NB it seems?

tmobile volte is on a whole different level compared to Sprints HD voice which sounds robotic at times.
  • Like 1

tmobile volte is on a whole different level compared to Sprints HD voice which sounds robotic at times.

Glad somebody's with me on that. I'm actually not a fan of Sprint's HD calling generally.

• Like 2

Glad somebody's with me on that. I'm actually not a fan of Sprint's HD calling generally.

To me even Facebook calls sound amazingly better not that sprint is bad just not as good as a call over lte or wifi.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Interesting and good to know when I get a chance to experience Sprints version of HD voice lol.....as of right now I haven't experienced it so I can't compare yet unfortunately :(

• Like 1

For anyone interested in the Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad, there is a promotion on Samsung's website where you can Buy 1 and get a 2nd one for free. 

http://slickdeals.net/f/8573966-samsung-fast-wireless-charger-b1g1-free-69-99?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2

Also like it mentions in the post, if you got the 30% off promo code from Samsung for getting the S7 you can stack it on top of that deal. I paid $56.12 total for 2 Fast wireless charging pads and I split that with one of my friends that also wanted to get the wireless charger so it only cost us about $28 each.

Two things that have helped me with battery life.

1. I noticed that when I take my phone off the charger, according to GSAM the phone never sleeps. Usually a restart and it will fall into a deep sleep.

2. I changed the location mode to GPS only, and this cut down drastically on the Google Play services usage. 

Battery life has improved significantly for me after these two adjustments but I am still getting High Android system drain.

• Like 1

Two things that have helped me with battery life.

1. I noticed that when I take my phone off the charger, according to GSAM the phone never sleeps. Usually a restart and it will fall into a deep sleep.

2. I changed the location mode to GPS only, and this cut down drastically on the Google Play services usage.

Battery life has improved significantly for me after these two adjustments but I am still getting High Android system drain.

Thanks for the tips.

I don't think I've seen it posted already, so just a heads-up that LTE Roaming does work on this phone (not that we would have expected it not to, but compatible hardware exists that doesn't, like the Nexus 6P). :-) The Sprint coverage maps do not show that LTE roaming is supported.

Yes, my S7 has not made or received an HD call since I've had it. I sent a report through the Sprint Zone app for what ever good it does

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, my S7 has not made or received an HD call since I've had it. I sent a report through the Sprint Zone app for what ever good it does

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

S7 or S7 Edge?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk