SturgeonGeneral

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

1 hour ago, optimummind said:

Who is that Craig S person? Sprint engineer?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Craig Schieber, Technical Program Manager at Sprint. Works at HQ.

I would think though that once Sprint switches to real VoLTE it'll be supported.  Whenever that happens...

When is the S7 getting Oreo update?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mnjeepmale said:

When is the S7 getting Oreo update?

I have heard 2 different things; the S7 isn't getting the Oreo update while the other is saying anytime from May-June this year.

I have heard 2 different things; the S7 isn't getting the Oreo update while the other is saying anytime from May-June this year.
Guess I'll see. News on the internet says it will but time will tell.

38 minutes ago, mnjeepmale said:

Guess I'll see. News on the internet says it will but time will tell.

The only thing I say is I will believe it when I see it

New security update out!

301.43MB on S7 edge.

• Like 1

Android 8 update, 1.6GB size on s7 edge, now SignalCheck Pro can now show EARFCN.

• Like 1

Got i!. Yum oreos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I've seen TMobile roaming around Portland, so its well into West Michigan.  It's not consistent, but its filling gaps
    • AT&T roaming was live in Estes Park, CO when I was there in July.
    • I think T-Mobile has a point with 5G on 600Mhz which is expect to double its relatively slow speeds.  Sprint is expected a 5 fold increase in Band 41, however I personally think the real difference will be in upload speeds given 100Mhz will be available for upload as compared to today's typical 20Mhz that most Sprint customer observe.  T-Mobile's plan given merger approval is to use the spectrum to shift customers around while it upgrades each band to 5NR starting with Band 41 (doing this on a market by market basis).  This is according to publicly available plans and comments.  Since those were released the plans have been revised.  My guess is the FCC is pushing T-Mobile - Sprint towards a Shentel - nTelos type of deal where coverage must remain the same, customers must end up with a phone in some fashion that fully supports the new network, some divesting of spectrum, and they must report back to the FCC on progress towards these goals.  The only  area that is really new is the MVNO possible conditions.  To placate possible opposition and appeal to FCC stated goals, wireless internet is thrown in, at least for rural areas, which is also a shot across the bow for cable companies getting into wireless.  Doing 5G earlier would allow the new T-Mobile a longer time frame to depreciate these assets.  It is also expected that new "must have" applications will be developed as a result of the increased speeds.
    • In Champaign, IL, AT&T has the densest network although they have been really sloppy about getting all of their spectrum on air on every site. Some sites are L700/L800/L1900, others have AWS and/or WCS LTE live too but lack CLR LTE, etc. Overall AT&T’s network reliability is second to probably only Sprint for it seems the equipment AT&T is using has considerably poorer range/propagation than the equipment Sprint is using. When broadcasted from the same location at the same elevation and angle, AT&T L700 drops out when Sprint L800 is at -112 to -114 RSRP. That being said, AT&T devices do hold onto LTE for dear life when it is available. Their qRxLevMin on lowband LTE is set to -124 dBm, and if I ever drop to WCDMA/HSPA, my iPhone always jumps back to LTE in 15-20 seconds. T-Mobile lacks lowband spectrum in the Champaign market which immediately disqualifies them (for indoor coverage is challenging) and Verizon’s site density is awful.