Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Galaxy S7

Just installed the new G935PVPU4APL6/G935PSPT4APL6/6935PVPU4APL6 update.

Looks like it added  3XCA for band 41 and possibly band 25 + band 25 aggregation.

Looks like the phone is now ready for this, aggregation.jpgbut I do not see it happening yet.

See the attached screenshot showing the ##DATA# screen.

We have a new S7 Edge. We haven't checked for any software updates but reading there is a software update to enable 3XCA?

What do you look for SCP to see if your connected to 3XCA? I'm in Samsung market.

Yes there is an update for 3xCA and android 7 is starting to go out on some carriers worldwide.

SCP does not show CA only guesses what carrier your on based on gci. *#0011# to see if your on CA.

• Like 1

Galaxy S7

Looks like it added 3XCA for band 41 and possibly band 25 + band 25 aggregation.

Looks like the phone is now ready for this, attachicon.gif aggregation.jpgbut I do not see it happening yet.

I installed the update but only the first box is checked.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I installed the update but only the first box is checked.

When I installed the update and it appeared to be completely finished, I did  a power down and fresh start.Then I started looking around in the menus for the Aggregation status and it was checked as being active. I did  not have to activate it.

Did you do a manual power off and a restart?   That seems to be the thing to do when you install an update on any electronic device. One warning, be absolutely sure the update is installed BEFORE you try any manual power down.  If it is not totally done, you may cause a problem.  There is some idle time in the middle of the update and it appears to be done when it really is not. Even when it tells you it is done, wait awhile.  Things can be happening that you are not aware of.

When I installed the update and it appeared to be completely finished, I did a power down and fresh start.Then I started looking around in the menus for the Aggregation status and it was checked as being active. I did not have to activate it.

Did you do a manual power off and a restart? That seems to be the thing to do when you install an update on any electronic device. One warning, be absolutely sure the update is installed BEFORE you try any manual power down. If it is not totally done, you may cause a problem. There is some idle time in the middle of the update and it appears to be done when it really is not. Even when it tells you it is done, wait awhile. Things can be happening that you are not aware of.

Yup. Just checked again and update completed. Just powered down and checked again and still only first one is checked.

Yup. Just checked again and update completed. Just powered down and checked again and still only first one is checked.

Did you update your profile and prl. What market are you in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I had received several updates over the last month. Maybe you are still needing another once.

Try going into settings, then system update, click on "download updates manually".  This will force an update check.

It will also tell you the version you have.   last three characters should be PL6.  Since this is a S-7 thread, I ASSUME you have a galaxy S-7 ?????  Your profile says a Note 5

I had received several updates over the last month. Maybe you are still needing another once.

Try going into settings, then system update, click on "download updates manually". This will force an update check.

It will also tell you the version you have. last three characters should be PL6. Since this is a S-7 thread, I ASSUME you have a galaxy S-7 ????? Your profile says a Note 5

I have a few phones. I have a S7 Edge and Note.

Says latest update is installed. Last 3 does say PL6.

I have a few phones. I have a S7 Edge and Note.

Says latest update is installed. Last 3 does say PL6.

You have the "Edge" version and I do not, but you should be ok with the update on the Edge.  I am not sure what would happen with the Note 5. (probably will never do 3xCA due to it's age and the hardware.)

Maybe some how your s-7 edge phone is not ready for 3CA because of the area you are in. I am in Shentel area.  PA, MD, WV.

I appear to be ready on my S7, but I have not actually seen 3xCA  be working.

Galaxy S7

Looks like it added  3XCA for band 41 and possibly band 25 + band 25 aggregation.

Looks like the phone is now ready for this, attachicon.gifaggregation.jpgbut I do not see it happening yet.

How do you get to that screen where it shows the check boxes? I got into the ##DATA# screen, then click view, but then what do you click on to show it? Or do you need the MSL to go into the "edit" side?

How do you get to that screen where it shows the check boxes? I got into the ##DATA# screen, then click view, but then what do you click on to show it? Or do you need the MSL to go into the "edit" side?

after view, click on LTE. then click on CA enabled  No MSL needed and do not go to edit. I did NOT have to manually enable anything.

I am sitting in Culver's in Hudson, WI on 3xCA. So it is not a market thing. Hudson is just across the state line for mnjeepmale. It could be a slow rollout but I doubt that. I would use the dailer code ##update# to make sure everything gets updated.

I am sitting in Culver's in Hudson, WI on 3xCA. So it is not a market thing. Hudson is just across the state line for mnjeepmale. It could be a slow rollout but I doubt that. I would use the dailer code ##update# to make sure everything gets updated.

Must be a market thing. Just did ##update# and everything is updated. Nothing changed for CA.

Yes there is an update for 3xCA and android 7 is starting to go out on some carriers worldwide.

SCP does not show CA only guesses what carrier your on based on gci. *#0011# to see if your on CA.

If the screen says CA not configured does that mean the phone does not have it enabled at all or does it just mean it simply isn't being employed at the time? The band shown is 41, of course.

If the screen says CA not configured does that mean the phone does not have it enabled at all or does it just mean it simply isn't being employed at the time? The band shown is 41, of course.

I get that line when I first connect to B41. When I go to use data it will try and connect to CA. Not sure what that line is suppose to mean.

Just started getting the pink line k the exact same place. http://phandroid.com/2017/01/23/galaxy-s7-edge-pink-line-on-display/

This is the 2nd time. I got pink spots before and the display stopped working. Samsung fixed it after it being sent out. This looks different.

I had that pink line. It is a loose ribbon cable that is why when you press by the camera it goes away.

Good to know. Yeah seems unrelated to my last pink spots issue. As long as it doesn't mean imminent death like the last time I'll be OK.