Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Sprint overall has slow down every where I have been lately. Also with their change to roaming (100mb) I will more then likely be moving to Verizon after 17 years of faithfully service with them.

What Sprint plan are you on?

Here in SoCal, my LTE reception performance got worse after the official 7.0 update. At the same locations & at the same time, my wife's & mom's iPhone SE and Note 3 get LTE whereas I only get 3G at some spots.

Anyone else with worse LTE reception?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Check to see that you aren't roaming in those cases. If you are, check your roaming settings. I think my roaming guard settings got reset after the update.

40gb family plan. But all of sprints plan now only offer 100mb. Read the fine print and you will discover.

This is the top reason I'm hanging onto my ED1500 plan. I'm not keen on letting go of my 300 MB of roaming data.

This is the top reason I'm hanging onto my ED1500 plan. I'm not keen on letting go of my 300 MB of roaming data.

If roaming is very important to you, the you may as well switch. ED1500 costs almost the same as the new Verizon plans.

When you roam, you're very limited in data usage and Sprint loses money having to pay Verizon. It's a lose-lose situation.

• Like 1

If roaming is very important to you, the you may as well switch. ED1500 costs almost the same as the new Verizon plans.

When you roam, you're very limited in data usage and Sprint loses money having to pay Verizon. It's a lose-lose situation.

Our extended family lives in US Cellular territory. Our two annual vacation spots are also in US Cellular land. Verizon is spotty in all those places and so wouldn't do me any good. At&t and TM are non existent. US Cellular isn't really an option where we live and work.

So, yeah, that 300 MB of roaming works out perfectly for us.

And I live in Kansas City and enjoy playing for the home town team anyway ;-)

Regardless I don't see myself leaving Sprint mostly for coverage reasons. Weird, but it just works for us.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The update messed up my phone & i cant boot past the Sprint LTE screen. ????

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

The update messed up my phone & i cant boot past the Sprint LTE screen.

Update went smoothly for me

I tried last night to update but only had 12% battery life and decided to call it a night. I did it in the morning and it went through smoothly, no hiccups.

You getting the s8?

To be perfectly honest, I am not feeling the force with this one as much as I did with the S7 Edge or the Note 7. So I am not jumping the gun to pre-order like I usually do. I just may wait out a bit to see what the Note 8 has in store for us.Then I'll decide which to get. Although the S8 Plus would be my favorite of the two currently for pre-order. Now if someone can confirm that adoptable storage is working on the US version then yes, I;'ll take the leap to buy it now.

Personally I would really want a developers version, but I think only Verizon gets those (aarrgghh) and I really don't think I can wait that long either since developers version come out months later. 

I really HATE the placement of that fingerprint scanner. Think I'll wait for the note 8 also. Hopefully that will have better camera, larger battery, in screen Fingerprint scanner, 6gigs of ram. They will have to make it great to make up for the note 7

I really HATE the placement of that fingerprint scanner. Think I'll wait for the note 8 also. Hopefully that will have better camera, larger battery, in screen Fingerprint scanner, 6gigs of ram. They will have to make it great to make up for the note 7

I can't agree with you more. I'll wait for the s9 for that reason alone. S8 is sexy af tho.

Actually the placement of the fingerprint scanner shouldn't be that much of an issue since Retina scan and face scan seems better and faster. But even if it didn't have those two security log ons, having it in the back sort of feels natural (at least to me) since my fingers are back there anyway. 

Actually the placement of the fingerprint scanner shouldn't be that much of an issue since Retina scan and face scan seems better and faster. But even if it didn't have those two security log ons, having it in the back sort of feels natural (at least to me) since my fingers are back there anyway.

I'm not opposed to it being on the back, just at the top of the phone on the side of the camera. I saw they actually have a popup when you turn on your camera to wipe the camera lens. Obviously it's an issue. No quick shots I guess.

I'm not opposed to it being on the back, just at the top of the phone on the side of the camera. I saw they actually have a popup when you turn on your camera to wipe the camera lens. Obviously it's an issue. No quick shots I guess.

Call me weird but I always wipe my lens before taking a shot, I don't see it being an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Tried taking the update again after restoring via Odin but got stuck again at the Sprint screen. Currently on my third attempt after making a few changes - disabled Data Saver, Power Saving, and uninstalled the Package Disabler.