Xiaomi Mi5 Rumor Thread

Overstew

Final.png

Looks like it may actually work on all US carriers (doesn't mean they'll activate it.)  Of course, these are rumors but if it holds true, it'll have all of the LTE bands for each carrier and CDMA compatibility.

6n08OmV.png

Specs

• Type: Phone
    • Model: Mi5
    • Manufacturer: Xiaomi
    • Dimensions: 144.55 x 69.2 x 7.25 mm
    • Weight: 129 g
    • Battery size: 3000 mAh
    • Screen size: 5.16 in
    • Display technology: LCD
    • Screen: 1920 x 1080 pixels (427 ppi)
    • Front camera: 4 megapixels
    • Rear camera: 16 megapixels
    • Flashlight: LED
    • Android version: 6.0 - Marshmallow
    • User interface: MIUI
    • RAM: 4 GB/3 GB
    • Internal storage: 32/64/128 GB
    • Removable storage: Not available
    • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
    • Number of cores: 4
    • Max. clock speed: 2.15 GHz
    • Connectivity: HSPA, LTE, NFC, Dual-SIM , Bluetooth
Edited by Overstew
  • Like 2

It's sadly missing CDMA B10 though! Unless they can add that in no go for Sprint. But looks good for everyone else.

It's sadly missing CDMA B10 though! Unless they can add that in no go for Sprint. But looks good for everyone else.

It may be missing band class 10.  Or the specs may be incomplete -- with band class 0 and band class 10 wrapped together, since both are considered "800 MHz."  Plus, if the specs are accurate, the handset does support band 26.  So, it would seem curious that it supports band 26 and CDMA2000 but not band class 10.

No matter.  Network compatibility aside, I expect the chances of this niche Chinese handset on Sprint are slim to none.

AJ

I am referring to BYOD.

AJ

Why wouldn't they permit this phone on the network with BYOD? It has one of the widest ranges of network compatibility that I've seen, outside of the iPhone, and I would love to have a phone I could use on Sprint, T-Mobile, and on the various mobile networks in China and Europe. 

Why wouldn't they permit this phone on the network with BYOD? It has one of the widest ranges of network compatibility that I've seen, outside of the iPhone, and I would love to have a phone I could use on Sprint, T-Mobile, and on the various mobile networks in China and Europe. 

It is exceedingly niche.  Xiaomi has no brand recognition in the US.  Even if this handset turned out to be Sprint network compatible with band class 10 support, no more than a few thousand would be activated on Sprint.  That would not be worth the preparation and training required for BYOD.

I would love to see numbers on even the 2015 Moto X and Nexus 5X activated BYOD on Sprint.  Many of us here likely overestimate the importance and prevalence of non iPhone BYOD.

AJ