LTE UE Category

Colton123

How do you tell which LTE UE Category a device falls into? Most of the specs on the Sprint website and/or manufacturer website does not say which UE Category a device falls under.

What is the best data only device that Sprint sells? Which has the highest UE rating? 

How do you tell which LTE UE Category a device falls into? Most of the specs on the Sprint website and/or manufacturer website does not say which UE Category a device falls under.

What is the best data only device that Sprint sells? Which has the highest UE rating?

You can look at "The Wall" here at the site. The staff does a good job of going through FCC doc. I believe you will have to look at what modem the device has for a better understanding of the capabilities. But there are limits imposed by the network like highest level of QAM based on acceptable interference for the network.

The best "device" is a personal choice based on needs, wants, and general personal feelings. Any B41(spark) capable hotspot will do.

Where can I find The Wall? 

Some devices, like the Note 5 for example, are Category 9 devices. Others, like newest iPhone are Cat 6. I realize its all about what Sprint has configured as to what is the max speed obtainable, but I am just asking in general which LTE Band 41 devices are rated for the most speed ie higher LTE Cat. 

Colton123, on 12 Feb 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

Where can I find The Wall?

Some devices, like the Note 5 for example, are Category 9 devices. Others, like newest iPhone are Cat 6. I realize its all about what Sprint has configured as to what is the max speed obtainable, but I am just asking in general which LTE Band 41 devices are rated for the most speed ie higher LTE Cat.

The wall is the home page of s4gru.com or the top left of the forum.

S7 is coming out in about 2 Months and it is Cat 12/13. Most phones are snapdragon and with snapdragon 810 they are Cat 9. Snapdragon just announced a x16 modem upto 1Gbps Cat 16/13 but it will probably be another year before it goes into devices.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems

Sprint won't see those speeds because they use a lower QAM. Maybe they will increase the QAM in DAS(stadiums) situation but i don't know.

The wall is the home page of s4gru.com or the top left of the forum.

S7 is coming out in about 2 Months and it is Cat 12/13. Most phones are snapdragon and with snapdragon 810 they are Cat 9. Snapdragon just announced a x16 modem upto 1Gbps Cat 16/13 but it will probably be another year before it goes into devices.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems

Sprint won't see those speeds because they use a lower QAM. Maybe they will increase the QAM in DAS(stadiums) situation but i don't know.

Sprint does use 4x4 MIMO tho which will surely help

The X12 LTE modem which ships with the 820 platform supports 4x4MIMO. What remains to be seen is whether the first devices launching with the X12 (S7/LG G5?) will have the necessary antenna and RF amp/filter setup to support 4x4MIMO. My bet is on these devices not having the requisite antenna configuration. Sprint's 8T8R setups already supports 4x4MIMO, it's just a matter of there being devices to utilize it.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/modems/x12

The X12 LTE modem which ships with the 820 platform supports 4x4MIMO. What remains to be seen is whether the first devices launching with the X12 (S7/LG G5?) will have the necessary antenna and RF amp/filter setup to support 4x4MIMO. My bet is on these devices not having the requisite antenna configuration.

All signs in the FCC OET authorizations are they do not.  The Samsung Galaxy S7 is more of the same from last year -- 2x2 downlink MIMO with switchable diversity antennas -- but only for low band and no uplink MIMO.

AJ

• Like 1

All signs in the FCC OET authorizations are they do not.  The Samsung Galaxy S7 is more of the same from last year -- 2x2 downlink MIMO with switchable diversity antennas -- but only for low band and no uplink MIMO.

AJ

Ah yes I already forgot the S7 passed through the FCC already.