LG G5 Rumor Thread (LG LS992)

PythonFanPA

Ship of fools.

Foolish pride.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Won't get fooled again.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

A fool's errand.

AJ

• Like 1

Ship of fools.

Foolish pride.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Won't get fooled again.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

A fool's errand.

AJ

I give - is that song lyrics, or commentary?  Or both?

I give - is that song lyrics, or commentary?  Or both?

April Fools

Maybe it is coincidence, but I think that Sprint is playing the fool by releasing the LG G5 on April 1.  I call it a bad move.  No company should launch a product on April Fools' Day.  Some literally will think it a hoax.

AJ

How does the $150 trade-in work?  Where do you see if you have a $10 value phone?

I wish sprint was a bit more clear on their promotions, $576 sounds pretty good and if I can get $150 for an old crappy phone to net me down to $426 that would be a great deal for the G5

Can anyone help?

Thanks, so this is neat - so I can trade in my moto e from verizon and get $150 back?

Verizon Motorola XT1528 Moto E Black 8GB $35

How do I go about doing that?

I cant pull up the doc ATM but I'll go back and review it sometime today. Unless someone else has it handy.

I have my demo in hand, although it's not yet activated, if anyone has any generic questions. 

Edit: Not activated but on and has WiFi. 

dial ##debug# and choose LTE (if possible.) Then take a picture of it.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

dial ##debug# and choose LTE (if possible.) Then take a picture of it.  Thanks!!!

Everything is blank (hasn't been activated yet). Do you still want pictures?

Edit: Just restarted it and have some numbers, will upload ASAP.

• Like 1

I just wanted to see if the firmware had b41 third carrier in it.  I guess it will require a Class II Permissive Change filing (or it is the way it is).  Of course the S7 /S7 Edge does not have it showing in the debug screen at this time either.

• Like 1

I just wanted to see if the firmware had b41 third carrier in it.  I guess it will require a Class II Permissive Change filing (or it is the way it is).  Of course the S7 /S7 Edge does not have it showing in the debug screen at this time either.

No, it will not require a Class II Permissive Change filing.  Since both 2x CA and 3x CA currently are downlink only, that does not require FCC authorization.  Remember, the FCC authorizes transmitters, not receivers.  RRUs, on the other hand, that support 3x CA do require FCC authorization.

I think that LTE engineering screens are going to be a disappointment regarding 3x CA.  Many already have been vis a vis 2x CA.  And that probably is just the way it is.  We are not supposed to have access to these signal metrics in the first place.

AJ

Well, I finally decided to bite and preorder the G5, stopped by the store in Harrisburg Mall on the way home after work today, so hopefully it'll be ready for pickup Friday after work as well.

• Like 1

Edit:

LG G5 will have a full fledged App Drawer option after all per the UX 5.0 video.  Also details other options....I kind of like the world clock slider, that will actually come in handy with my current job as it turns out:

An fyi update from me here. I've decided against getting the LG G5. I had changed my mind to my possibly getting the Sony Xperia Z5 Platinum which I really like everything I've heard about it, plus I've been a major Sony supporter for many years. However, it only would work fully on T-Mobile, and it doesn't have band 30, so I can't have the full LTE experience with it using AT&T. My mother finally has committed to leave T-Mobile for good this time.

Besides my own problems ongoing with T-Mobile's incompetent Executive Response people and my frustration as the one very nice and helpful representative who gave us the great plan last year doesn't seem to work there anymore, my mother is getting a whole bunch of dropped calls, horrible signal reception and so on. Oh, the one lady working in Executive Response who told me many times in email she would help with the preorder of the LG G5, sent an email to me saying she won't be able to, without giving me a reason as to why.

The only glimmer of chance my mother may change her mind is if the lady she has been in contact with does something, as she's been offering my mother help with this still. Otherwise, I'm leaning towards Sprint again, but with the issues from last year resolved. I have a direct contact at Sprint now who is helpful, so I don't have those problems with Sprint store employees who at least in the area I live in, are not very helpful. The other issue with the PCS weaknesses have been improved from 5x5 to 10x10, so very unlikely my speeds would drop to 1mbps on it anymore.

The other thing is I know someone willing to get me on a great plan, so pricing ought to be around the T-Mobile pricing. I'm in the Chicago market still, so I'm in one of Sprint's best markets where spectrum isn't an issue. I'm just hoping now that the HTC 10 has HiFi audio built-in to work similarly to the LG G5's B&O audio adapter, which is the only thing I like about the LG G5. For Sprint though, it really is a no-go for me, since there isn't going to be 3xca capability. I'm hoping the HTC 10 will have it, along with the waterproofing similar to the Samsung S7/Edge, along with of course the LG G5's audio features. I'm also hoping for the apt-x HD for Bluetooth connectivity, but no word on that as of yet for the HTC 10.

• Like 1

That via online upgrade/preorder?

Yeah - I look forward to getting it.  I was going to get a galaxy s7 but the lack of USB-C really bothered me since I already convered everything to USB-C with my Nexus 5x.

LG G5 looks great - can't wait to test it out.

Hello Everyone!

I'm disappointed to say this, but it really does appear the LG G5 is a crappy device. I'm glad I didn't get it, and here is a video explaining/showing some reasons why. Note the particular mention of how the device really doesn't feel premium at all. Keep in mind too that this device does not feature 3xca. At the price the LG G5 costs, along with the knowledge that this device likely is going to require lots of battery charges and battery swaps to make it through the day, is it really worth it? Sure it has some neat camera features and audio features too, but very likely the HTC 10 also will have. Even the Samsung Galaxy S7 looks like a much better device than this.: