2 year subsidy phone upgrades early warning info

dkyeager

Hmm... my last post came off sounding a bit wrong...

I think T-Mobile still is a good deal, if everything can go through correctly. The problem with issues associated with plans appearing properly in billing is not limited to just any one carrier. There are these issues with them all. So, I really don't mean to be singling out T-Mobile with what I said in my above post. Although, if someone is generally satisfied with a carrier, in my opinion they ought to remain with them and try to get a better deal where they are at, rather than seeking a better deal elsewhere, without the guarantee of it going through smoothly, which in itself is very difficult to guarantee, unless you have a friend or family member working in a carrier's billing department where they can pull some strings for you.

Hmm... my last post came off sounding a bit wrong...

I think T-Mobile still is a good deal, if everything can go through correctly. The problem with issues associated with plans appearing properly in billing is not limited to just any one carrier. There are these issues with them all. So, I really don't mean to be singling out T-Mobile with what I said in my above post. Although, if someone is generally satisfied with a carrier, in my opinion they ought to remain with them and try to get a better deal where they are at, rather than seeking a better deal elsewhere, without the guarantee of it going through smoothly, which in itself is very difficult to guarantee, unless you have a friend or family member working in a carrier's billing department where they can pull some strings for you.

No worries, I realize sometimes when a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.  I’ve cautiously entered T-Mobile waters with some of their latest promos but I’m holding off completely porting all my remaining 5 ED1500 lines to T-Mobile until I know for sure there is no longer subsidy come September when my remaining contracts are up.

I signed up for the T-Mobile $100 Unlimited One plan with the 20% off for life promo.  I ported one line from Ting and added a new work line.  I did receive a text confirmation for the promo.  My billing cycle ended the same night I signed up and the rep said I should see my first bill on 3/5 so hopefully the 20% discount shows up.  Yesterday they announced the free iPhone 7 with trade-in and new line.  I took advantage of that and ported in one of my Sprint lines.  I traded in an old Sprint iPhone 6.  Everything seemed to go smoothly but the offer requires a mail in rebate to get the difference between the trade-in and new phone refunded back on MasterCard Debit card which can be used to pay off the EIP balance.  I normally don’t like these kinds of offers but I decided to give it a try since adding the 3rd line is free with their current promo.  Lots of promos and hoping they all stack.  How all this goes with T-Mobile over the next couple months should help with my decision to finish porting my numbers over or not.

So far T-Mobile has exceeded my expectations coverage wise.  I get service in areas on my commute that were some dead spots with Sprint.  My house is also much better covered by T-Mobile.  I need an Airave with Sprint.  Two of the lines I added with T-Mobile are using my old Sprint iPhone 5S’s that don’t have Band 12 (700Mhz) but they seem to have similar signal and speed tests as the T-Mobile IPhone 7 so maybe Band 12 isn’t widespread in my area yet.

• Like 1

I'd be suspicious of anything that sounds too good tobe true. Even if there are great things other are reporting receiving still are to be viewed cautiously. I can verify T-Mobile's 2 line for $100 monthly works, but there are serious issues/flaws with the 3rd line free promo they are running, which supposedly can simultaneously work with other promos. T-Mobile claims the free service matches the lowest amount of service used on whichever of the first two lines has that lowest amount of service, such as the third line free being on a 6gb plan because your second line is 6gb, even if your first line is unlimited data. Yet, if both the first line and the second line have unlimited data, then supposedly the third line ought to have unlimited data as well, since that is your lowest level of service on your account. T-Mobile alsoclaims you can use any type of device on that free third line, including the SyncUp. I was told I could use the Alcatel Link Zone on it too, but was put on the 2gb plan, rather than matching the lowest level of service on the other two lines I have, which is unlimited 4G LTE data.

Also, its March, and in one month around April 1st, there will be billing. My account still does not show the 20% T-Mobile Hookup offer I've been told I qualified and my account supposedly was verified for it. Yet, nowhere in the MyTMobile account does it say that, and if its suppose to appear in next months billing, which the details already sow without the discount appied, only thing I can think of is this some horrible April Fools Joke? Logically, that doesn't make sense due to all the lawsuits there'd be, but at this point there are quite a few too many red flags. Considering this, my opinion is to stay with Sprint.

You should get a text conformation about 24hrs later once the line is active. I got mine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those who have left Sprint, why did you choose T-Mobile over others? I'm thinking AT&T b/c they have better coverage & my work discount gives me free waiver of activation & upgrade fees.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Those who have left Sprint, why did you choose T-Mobile over others? I'm thinking AT&T b/c they have better coverage & my work discount gives me free waiver of activation & upgrade fees.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I haven't completely abandoned Sprint yet but have ported three lines to T-Mobile. For me it's all about price and the promos they've been running. With the recent promos you can get three unlimited lines for $80 a month including taxes. In addition if any line uses less than 2 GB a month you get a $10 kickback per line potentially making the bill $50 a month for three lines. And they've been offering free iPhone 7 or galaxy S7 with trade-in of select smart phones. Very competitive/aggressive offers. The guys at my local T-Mobile store have been slammed with port-ins and the T-Mobile Reddit board is going crazy.

• Like 1

I haven't completely abandoned Sprint yet but have ported three lines to T-Mobile. For me it's all about price and the promos they've been running. With the recent promos you can get three unlimited lines for $80 a month including taxes. In addition if any line uses less than 2 GB a month you get a $10 kickback per line potentially making the bill $50 a month for three lines. And they've been offering free iPhone 7 or galaxy S7 with trade-in of select smart phones. Very competitive/aggressive offers. The guys at my local T-Mobile store have been slammed with port-ins and the T-Mobile Reddit board is going crazy.

Definitely no denying the understandable lure to T-Mobile with the promos they are offering. I'm quite impressed, especially asI'd never guess T-Mobile would offer something this good, but they sure did.

Yeah only if Sprint ever had promos like that and offered them to current customers that would help stop the bleeding. But of course sprint management just doesnt get it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In addition if any line uses less than 2 GB a month you get a $10 kickback per line potentially making the bill $50 a month for three lines.

$64, not $50. Kickback is $8/line if you redeemed the 20% code and the free line isn't eligible for kickback. Still a fantastic deal, but don't get surprised when you're bill isn't $50.

• Like 1

$64, not $50. Kickback is $8/line if you redeemed the 20% code and the free line isn't eligible for kickback. Still a fantastic deal, but don't get surprised when you're bill isn't $50.

OK thank you for the clarification. I'd read conflicting reports. Some report that kickback was still $10 per line but no kickback on third line.

• Like 1

This provides for an interesting mathematical equation here. If people use 1.5gb on each of the three lines, at $64 per month, that would roughly be $21 monthly for 1.5gb on each of those lines,

OK thank you for the clarification. I'd read conflicting reports. Some report that kickback was still $10 per line but no kickback on third line.

Yeah we went from $150 plus tax to 72 taxes included switching three sero lines. So crazy. But yeah tmobile employees on Reddit clarified the exact dollar amounts.

Yeah we went from $150 plus tax to 72 taxes included switching three sero lines. So crazy. But yeah tmobile employees on Reddit clarified the exact dollar amounts.

Are you seeing the discount listed yet in your MyTMobile account page? I'm not on mine, and its had me very worried about it these past few days.

Are you seeing the discount listed yet in your MyTMobile account page? I'm not on mine, and its had me very worried about it these past few days.

It doesn't appear until three second bill. If you got a confirmation text message, you're all set.

So what does any of the previous posts have anything to do with sprint?

It is very relevant. Sprint subsidies disappear and the discussion shifts to our new tmobile accounts.

• Like 1

So what does any of the previous posts have anything to do with sprint?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No offense, Tim, but there are many threads in the General Topics section that get discussions mixed around. I've been on staff of several webforums in the past and the administrator of a few as well, which this has been an issue to a degree everywhere I've seen as both on staff and not, though my experience being on staff has given me a perspective from the staffing side as well. I've learned one of the best ways of getting discussions on topic, is to have very certain descriptions for the thread titling. A wireless-focused site such as this, would be helpful to have threads titled, Sprint discussions, Verizon discussions, AT&T discussions, T-Mobile discussions, etc. As a site more focused on Sprint, perhaps something like Sprint discussions on one thread, and Carrier discussions on another would be helpful.

I've made this suggestion here before, but I was told it would negatively affect the SEO results.

It is very relevant. Sprint subsidies disappear and the discussion shifts to our new tmobile accounts.

Then this thread is finished. Feel free to Start a new one that pertains to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 7