Sprint Holiday Gifts

Marv1

I won movie tickets, but when it came to the screen that said, "Claim my offer" I entered my phone # and zip, clicked, and nothing went through. It kept loading, stopped, clicked claim my offer again, and nothing. I called a Sprint rep, he looked into it, and didn't see anything, and pretty much said too bad. Yes, I did it on my phone, and took screenshots. It didn't do this when I got the free Amazon Prime.

Nvm just read the thread. Is this offer only at corporate locations?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hit up any Radioshack, they are apparently considered Corporate Stores.  My area only had 3rd party stores, which are nice and all, but some things are better done at the Corporate Stores.  I'm not sure if this can be brokered at 3rd party stores, might have to wait until Friday to figure it out.  @smalltimehack do you know? 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that all of their lines are eligible for an upgrade now?  I had 3 out of 5 lines eligible, but as of today, it's all 5.  I guess they're getting ready for Friday's upgrade day.

I'm showing 2 of the 3 lines I plan to upgrade tomorrow are now eligible to upgrade.  They weren't yesterday.  Hopefully that 3rd one drops and everything will be hunky dory. 

I'm showing 2 of the 3 lines I plan to upgrade tomorrow are now eligible to upgrade. They weren't yesterday. Hopefully that 3rd one drops and everything will be hunky dory.

Is there any difference between that 1 that did not show upgradeable and the other 2? We were told most customers with a phone 3 months old would be eligible but they never told us what would make some one not qualify.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Is there any difference between that 1 that did not show upgradeable and the other 2? We were told most customers with a phone 3 months old would be eligible but they never told us what would make some one not qualify.

No, all three were started December 2014 at the same time. All three on lease.

Also, RE: can this be done at Best Buy.....well, when I got out of my wife's lease, it was a hassle and only a corporate store could do it.  I went to a Radioshack at the time. However, since this is perhaps more orchestrated, maybe the system will be ready to swap out the leases without penalties. 

Actually, speaking of which....are we SURE that this means current lessees can upgrade to a new Lease?  Or just those not on a lease (subsidy plan) can now get a lease regardless of where they are.  Because being "upgrade eligible" is different than getting out of your lease contract.  Any employees care to chime in on that?

Edited by mmark27

Well, the iTunes code promo was gone within 2 minutes. I missed it because the website wouldn't work right on my end.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Actually, speaking of which....are we SURE that this means current lessees can upgrade to a new Lease? Or just those not on a lease (subsidy plan) can now get a lease regardless of where they are. Because being "upgrade eligible" is different than getting out of your lease contract. Any employees care to chime in on that?

My best friends wife and him are on iPhone for Life and her phone is now listed as upgrade eligible, yet his isn't. He will be disappointed if his phone doesn't become upgrade eligible.

My best friends wife and him are on iPhone for Life and her phone is now listed as upgrade eligible, yet his isn't. He will be disappointed if his phone doesn't become upgrade eligible.

But doesn't iphone for life mean they can get the newer iphone whenever theirs isn't the newest?  Or is there some fine print I was missing?  So why would they need this promotion, assuming that they are not using the magical "s" versions of 2015. 

But doesn't iphone for life mean they can get the newer iphone whenever theirs isn't the newest? Or is there some fine print I was missing? So why would they need this promotion, assuming that they are not using the magical "s" versions of 2015.

iPhone Forever has the annual upgrade baked in.

iPhone for life did not.

• Like 1

I won movie tickets, but when it came to the screen that said, "Claim my offer" I entered my phone # and zip, clicked, and nothing went through. It kept loading, stopped, clicked claim my offer again, and nothing. I called a Sprint rep, he looked into it, and didn't see anything, and pretty much said too bad. Yes, I did it on my phone, and took screenshots. It didn't do this when I got the free Amazon Prime.

Had the same issue

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around these accelerated

upgrades by Sprint..what is their financial motive for turning everyone

into "consumers" rather than "owners" of handsets?  Someone in another

thread mentioned that Sprint makes little or nothing on the hardware so is this

move a response to competition?  Have we all become consumers rather than

owners of stuff: leased cars, leased houses/apts, leased phones,on and on?

Seems a little like the sub-prime lending model of housing to me..somehow the

true cost of these flagship high end phones has to be paid by someone..a bit off topic

but I'm wondering just how much of a "gift" this will turn out to be in the long run..

• Like 1

Anyone on iphone for life for atleast 10 months can switch to forever at any corp store for just a $50 early upgrade fee.

Anyone on iphone for life for atleast 10 months can switch to forever at any corp store for just a $50 early upgrade fee.

I did not know that, but I'm glad to hear that. Thanks!

• Like 1