[Off Topic] WoW Amazing UPS Experience

markjcc

I have a UPS Ground package Shipped on the 18th, Supposed to arrive by the 20th (today)

CA -> HI

My package was on the truck for delivery it was getting kind of late already and BAM!

"We've misrouted the package. This may cause a delay. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

I've contacted UPS and since today is Friday, it won't be delivered Saturday because Ground packages aren't delivered unless it's got the optional Saturday delivery option like 2nd day air.

Now they've F*ked up with sorting my package and now they're now going to have me wait until Monday to have it to me.

What kind of bullsh*t is this, I've had better luck with USPS!

For those who want to know what's in the package, It's a Karma Go.

Shipping with UPS lately has been a dice roll. I shipped a letter-sized envelope across state last Christmas. Took a week for them to find it in Illinois. Tire marks indicate it had been run over several times before being delivered.

I very recently had an Amazon order get lost at the very first UPS terminal. UPS wouldn't work with me since I was not the shipper. Thank God for awesome Amazon customer service becuase they immediately shipped a replacement (at my request - next day air at no additional cost) PLUS they gave me an extra month of Prime.

Say what you will about the USPS but stuff does get there even if it's a bit slower.

• Like 2

Shipping with UPS lately has been a dice roll. I shipped a letter-sized envelope across state last Christmas. Took a week for them to find it in Illinois. Tire marks indicate it had been run over several times before being delivered.

I very recently had an Amazon order get lost at the very first UPS terminal. UPS wouldn't work with me since I was not the shipper. Thank God for awesome Amazon customer service becuase they immediately shipped a replacement (at my request - next day air at no additional cost) PLUS they gave me an extra month of Prime.

Say what you will about the USPS but stuff does get there even if it's a bit slower.

And, USPS will get it there even on Saturday without you or the shipper paying extra for Saturday delivery

• Like 2

And, USPS will get it there even on Saturday without you or the shipper paying extra for Saturday delivery

So will FedEx Ground. I get packages on Saturday all the time from FedEx.

So will FedEx Ground. I get packages on Saturday all the time from FedEx.

I don't know about FedEx Ground (former RPS) but FedEx Home Delivery delivers on Saturday at the expense of no Monday deliveries.

I don't know about FedEx Ground (former RPS) but FedEx Home Delivery delivers on Saturday at the expense of no Monday deliveries.

I guess my packages I get from AZ are shipped Home Delivery.

Sent from Josh's iPad mini using Tapatalk

Usps mistakenly delivered one of my packages to the wrong house. When I called to have them investigate I talked to an inspector who said he'd find it. I called him multiple times and he wouldn't respond to my voice mails or answer the phone. I just gave up eventually.. but that's the only time Usps has done me wrong..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a UPS Ground package Shipped on the 18th, Supposed to arrive by the 20th (today)

CA -> HI

My package was on the truck for delivery it was getting kind of late already and BAM!

"We've misrouted the package. This may cause a delay. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

I've contacted UPS and since today is Friday, it won't be delivered Saturday because Ground packages aren't delivered unless it's got the optional Saturday delivery option like 2nd day air.

Now they've F*ked up with sorting my package and now they're now going to have me wait until Monday to have it to me.

I've had that a couple of times coming out here on UPS recently. Plus their guaranteed 48 hours was always 3-4 days. They have always been better than fedex though. Fedex once delivered an $8k camera to another house a mile away because it was friday afternoon and **** it I cant be bothered driving that far out etc so I'll just ask this other guy to hold it for a 'neighbor'. Then there was the time they told me to get my ****ing boxes off their van. Not much love for fedex here lol

but yeah, welcome to maui lol

USPS will also deliver priority mail express on Sunday. Their service is faster, its cheaper, and its generally better in every way. I don't see why anyone deals with UPS or FedEx anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've had a package marked out for delivery in Front Royal, VA that showed up three days later in Ohio. UPS tried blaming it on hurricane Sandy when my area wasn't even affected by it.

I've also had a package being returned to our distributor in Hagerstown, MD that showed up empty four weeks later in New Mexico. The jokes on them, it was just defective equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I must be lucky! Only problem I've ever had with UPS is that they don't ring my bell sometimes, they gotten better after I've made calls to the local management, but their UPS My Choice alerts me when a package is at my door.

• Like 1

CA -> HI

Sorry to hear of this. :( I worked for UPS for five years many years ago, and would never ship with them by choice if that tells you anything!

I don't have any trouble with FedEx, USPS, or UPS delivery carriers in my neighborhood, which is a blessing.

Ever since the postal service made changes at the beginning of the year, things mailed to me First Class have taken forever to get here going on convoluted routes. Just a few weeks ago I had something shipped to me from Joliet, which is just 40 miles away and should get here next day but instead took a week, sitting in a sorting facility somewhere in the area for days and then got routed through Indianapolis before getting to me. And shortly after, another package did the same, sat around forever, then got tossed around like a hot potato to every neighboring post office until finally reaching mine. Priority Mail hasn't had this issue though. 

Worst I've had from UPS is 1-2 day delays. FedEx hasn't really been of much trouble at all. 

All depends on where you are. At my Chicago location, getting packages is always hit or miss. The postal service is horrible there, they just do whatever they please and cram the mail wherever they want. At one point all the mail for the block was getting delivered to us and the carrier after being confronted just said "So deliver it to your neighbors!". That was years ago, now the big problem is the carrier literally jamming packages through the mail slot and so far has torn the slot off twice in doing so. My cousin works for that post office and has given us the low down on why we have so many issues and she said it's because we don't have a regular carrier on our route, just a bunch of temps. I believe she said they won't assign a regular to the route because the old regular carrier is on some kind of disability or something and has been for a long time, leaving the route in some kind of limbo. 

USPS will also deliver priority mail express on Sunday. Their service is faster, its cheaper, and its generally better in every way. I don't see why anyone deals with UPS or FedEx anymore.

Priority and Priority Mail Express are both still FedEx. As is Global Express Guaranteed.

Priority and Priority Mail Express are both still FedEx. As is Global Express Guaranteed.

I was talking about USPS service, not FedEx. USPS contracts many couriers including airlines such as United to move packages and mail for them. Package acceptance is USPS, payment is made to USPS, and final delivery is also USPS. They are cheaper, provide seven day delivery, deliver to more addresses, and the service is generally faster at every level. Not to mention there are far more locations nationwide to ship from.

I'm just saying that since FedEx transports 95% of USPS Priority and Express mail that if you want to avoid FedEx, that's not the way to do it.

Being that I work for FedEx out of Dulles, Ramp operations, I can confirm this. Moving at least 20 containers of mail a day out of our 767 into post office trucks a day.

• Like 1