Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

It amazes me that year after year, all 4 carriers still struggle a lot with preorders for devices. You'd think they would figure it out by now.

Can't say that ALL 4 carriers struggle. Since I and a few other friends of mine have either already gotten our S7's or they are on the way. I think it comes down to how each carrier is handling the inventory and the impending launch.

• Like 1

Can't say that ALL 4 carriers struggle. Since I and a few other friends of mine have either already gotten our S7's or they are on the way. I think it comes down to how each carrier is handling the inventory and the impending launch.

Well like I said on my previous post, I am pretty certain that all 4 major carriers already got warehouses full of s7's but why is it that tmobile customers are the only ones that are getting them in hand.

My tracking says on the truck for delivery. Be here today.

Is that delivery to your home or to a sprint store and when did you order yours?

2/26 thru telesales... website wouldn't let me click to order.

S7, not an Edge.

To my house.

Gold.

VR headset hasn't shipped yet.

When did you get your tracking info?

Couple days ago,email came 3/1 @6:58pm with shipping confirmation and tracking. Took a day or do for ups to have it in their system, so I thought it was just an email with no intent to ship before next week... but I'll find out when I get home from work, or later tonight. UPS guy comes through my neighborhood at 4 or later.

• Like 1

One possibility is that they didn't want any negative initial reviews by real users to tank sales.  The more they get sold before people REALLY know what they have got, the more momentum they give the process.

Not likely, everything I've seen on the reddit GalaxyS7 group has been positive.

People with 8 hours Screen on Time on the S7 Edge.  7 hours on the S7.

But I understand, yeah, I could see them wanting to wait until the review embargo is lifted (which I imagine is probably tomorrow or Monday... tomorrow makes more sense to make the weekend news cycle).

Edited by jnadke
  • Like 1

7 hours of screen on time is like some sort of wonderful dream :oB)

I pre-ordered the s7 through best buy, unfortunately, I have to go to a conference at the mayo clinic in MN so I cant pick it up until March 11th anyway. It'll be a nice welcome home present...that and seeing my family.

Last time I had >8 hrs of SOT was on my S4 with a ZeroLemon extended battery. I'll be pretty happy with at least 5 hrs SOT.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I got an email today from Samsung stating "There's still time to pre-order the Galaxy S7 edge or S7 and receive it three days early.

So my interpretation of that email is: if they are allowed to sell the devices in store on the 11th, three days before that would be the 8th. Figure 1 day for shipping at the minimum, then yeah my order email stating that the device will ship the week of the 7th probably does mean all early pre-order shipments will go out on the 7th. 

btw, I see alot of tweets on twitter stating that folks have received theirs already, but not one of them uploads a pic to prove it.  :angry:  

TS

Will compare to Note 5 in a bit. I was able to get phone by sprint care on Twitter. They called the district manager of my market to get it released from the Sptint store.

Couple days ago,email came 3/1 @6:58pm with shipping confirmation and tracking. Took a day or do for ups to have it in their system, so I thought it was just an email with no intent to ship before next week... but I'll find out when I get home from work, or later tonight. UPS guy comes through my neighborhood at 4 or later.

For the other user that got an email, it was for shipment to the Sprint store.  They are holding his hostage until the release date.  Which from the sound of the post above sounds like he got it released.

What silliness.

Some of my friends that ordered days after I did just got their tracking info for their gear vr's. I am so sad right now.

Some of my friends that ordered days after I did just got their tracking info for their gear vr's. I am so sad right now.

Yeah, It seems to be a repeat of a previous pre-order if I recall. There is no rhythm or reason for how some are getting it before others. 

TS

Even if you had a photo, I don't think they would be able to do anything. 

Edit:

But I would still like for those that said they received the Sprint version to post a photo that they did indeed get it, otherwise I call BS.

TS

• Like 1

Does the S7 support Sprint bands that the S5 does not? Besides carrier aggregation, will there be tangible signal improvements when moving from an S5 (assuming upgraded towers)?

Does the S7 support Sprint bands that the S5 does not? Besides carrier aggregation, will there be tangible signal improvements when moving from an S5 (assuming upgraded towers)?

No.