What other carriers do you have or have used?

twospirits

Without starting a flame war, I am curious. I know that some of you would probably have two phones one each from a different carrier. A few will say that's not possible or simply ridiculous. But there are a few that due to work must have one carrier and their personal one is another.

Therefore,

1-of those that have two phones from different carriers, what are the carriers? (i would assume one of them is Sprint)

2-Since your work phone (most likely) isn't Sprint, and use it more throughout the day, why haven't you switched to that other carrier? The same can be applied in reverse eg: if work phone is Sprint and mobile is another carrier, why not keep one phone?

3-For those that have no 2 phones on 2 separate carriers, then what other carriers have you used in the past.

TS

I was with Cingular from 2002 to early 2004. In late 2004 I got a T-Mobile prepaid and then in Fall 2005 I also got a Cingular prepaid and ran concurrently with the 2 prepaids until early 2009. In 2009 I tried Verizon. Kept them until late 2010. In May 2009, I went back to at&t and maintained an account with them until Early March 2011, when I ported my number to Sprint. I started Sprint service in February 2011.

I was with Sprint for over 10 years. Then in February 2012, my data service finally degraded to where I was forced to switch to Verizon. While I get better coverage at work and way better data speeds around town with Verizon, I am counting the days until my contract is up with Verizon and I can go back to Sprint. The customer service and store personnel I have dealt with at Verizon are completely horrible and it kills me to drive by the Sprint store as they always took excellent care of me.

• Like 1

I've used Sprint since 1999, but I have had a brief run with Verizon for a few months, and also a brief run with ATT for about a week and a half. I kept my Sprint line(s) active while I "tested" the other two out, and, obviously, stayed with Sprint.

For time of the pocket pc years I was on Sprint, then went to ATT to get the iPhone 3G... then I returned to Sprint to get the EVO 4G.

In the pocket pc years, Sprint data was like to 2mb with the rev. in EVDO, happy days, also I had a data card for 2 years with them.

As a AT&T customer, the signal was really good and also the data, problem was the bill too high.

Right now, all the friends I bring to Sprint for the EVO 4G, are jumping back and others are on the fence to AT&T because of the slow data on Sprint.

If the're were no Network vision plans, i would jump to AT&T without thinking about it.

As two lines, I only think is if you need for work, do it, but if is just for fun, don't do it.

So basically no one so far has one line on Sprint and the other (like for work) on another carrier. wow I would think there would be more than 0.

TS

When i went to verizon i had 3 phones on my account plus a data card, and when i went back to at&t i ended up with 7 lines and a data card. I was able to sever my iPhone from the account and get it's own account from june 2010 until i switched to Sprint in march 2011.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

Personal lines(3) are with sprint. Work is at&t.

I went with sprint for unlimited data and price. No problems service wise with either. But my wife is fed up with sprint so we might be moving. NV is about 2 years away here. And as much as I want the evolte. Hard to justify another two year contract for dial up speeds.

And I have no issues here on my work phone with at&t. Coverage and speeds are good, just worried about thier CS since I dont deal with that at work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Personal lines(3) are with sprint. Work is at&t.

I went with sprint for unlimited data and price. No problems service wise with either. But my wife is fed up with sprint so we might be moving. NV is about 2 years away here. And as much as I want the evolte. Hard to justify another two year contract for dial up speeds.

And I have no issues here on my work phone with at&t. Coverage and speeds are good, just worried about thier CS since I dont deal with that at work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

AT&T CS is iffy at times. I had good reps & I had bad. It just varies at times.

AT&T CS is iffy at times. I had good reps & I had bad. It just varies at times.

I had a Verizon rep on the phone that I asked how to complain about the terrible service and bold faced lies the sales rep in the store gave me and she said that it doesn't surprise her, and that she hears that a lot about store personnel.

I had a Verizon rep on the phone that I asked how to complain about the terrible service and bold faced lies the sales rep in the store gave me and she said that it doesn't surprise her, and that she hears that a lot about store personnel.

Wow. That is sad that CS knows that store reps are idiots.

I have Verizon for work and Sprint for personal. I have been on VZW for work just over a year now. Used to be AT&T for work before that.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I was on Sprint from October 2002 until mid-February 2012. I endured 2 years of dial-up 3G and no 4G with Sprint in this market since they lost native EVDO roaming on Alltel. I've switched to Verizon. I'm paying about $9 more with taxes and fees per month, but have 4G all over town and excellent coverage in places I would roam or float on 0 bars with Sprint before. Every market is different and everyone has to do what is right for them, but Sprint will have to build a bunch of towers in Louisiana and Mississippi to fill their coverage gaps to get me back.

I have the VoIP Service since the Voice Plans were available last year. I am currently on a Home and Mobile Internet and Voice Bundle Plan.

How's the voice quality? I know that Clearwire doesn't offer voice anymore, but I'm just curious.

I have T-Mobile for personal use. Sprint for work. Clearwire for home and mobile internet use.

Interesting. I have Time Warner cable, but I think Sprint does offer a home service too here, never thought of checking them out. Also I've seen Clear advertise here in the NYC area. I didn't know they were here.

TS

I was with T-Mobile for about 6 years with just a dumb phone. Then I joined Sprint because of the SERO plan in 2007 and I had my first smartphone, the Treo 700wx and have never looked back. I couldn't imagine at the time that you can have unlimited data, text and 500 mins for $30/month.

• Like 1