Mobile Style Notifications

Arysyn

As I've mentioned here on S4GRU a few times, I've been an administrator on several different forums in the past, and I know quite a bit about the various forum software available I've used while working on these forums, such as VBulletin, WoltLab Burning Board, PHPBB, and Xenforo.

Although, I've never fully worked on a forum using the Invision Power Board software which S4GRU uses, other than a very old version of it which hardly resembles the current iteration. So, I'm not exactly sure if what I'm about to ask can be done or not.

The full version view of the site automatically clears the notification number symbol (the little red icon that appears) after they are viewed either individually, or by going to "view all notifications", then leaving that for any other area of the site.

Yet, on the mobile version, it does not. The red icon remains there with the number symbol of notifications, which keeps increasing the more notifications there are. The only way of changing that on a mobile device, is to switch over to the full version and try very precisely to tap on the correct indicators in order to clear these, then to decide whether or not to switch back to the mobile version.

I'd like to request to the staff to look into this matter and see if there is an option to change this feature on the mobile version. In no way is this a criticism of the site, and I completely understand if this can't be done or perhaps doing so is unwanted by the staff for whatever reason.

Some of these forum softwares are extremely delicate and every change to the software no matter how large or small could break the system. So I take no offense if you, the staff decide to leave it as is, no complaints from me. Just that it would help if this could be done without harming the forums setup.

• Like 1

The notifications used to clear a while ago. There must have been some kind of update in past several months that caused this bug to be introduced. It was only the past several months that the notifications won't clear anymore. I think it is more of a bug rather than a missing feature.

-Anthony

The notifications used to clear a while ago. There must have been some kind of update in past several months that caused this bug to be introduced. It was only the past several months that the notifications won't clear anymore. I think it is more of a bug rather than a missing feature.

-Anthony

Hopefully that's the case.

These companies that make forum software are quite difficult to work with on technical support, so no use there either. My friend was using the Woltlab Burning Board software a year ago and it had some major, massively dangerous flaws in it, which I highly recommend the S4GRU staff, mainly Robert, to avoid at all costs!

I spent several hours trying to get my friend a refund from them, but all the responses from their support team were just awfully frustrating as they never got the point of just how bad their software was, and I'm not talking about the general nature of it, which was quite good, but the security flaws made the software worse than a black hat hacking party at the Experian Headquarters.