Google Nexus 5X by LG User Thread (LG H790)

WiWavelength

Where did yall find the old radio to flash? My google-fu is failing me :(

Can't you just pull it from the image? https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en. The old image should also have the older radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jury is still out to saying anything concrete but my phone with the new radio is not as bad as the first night. In my area, they could have been doing some 2nd carrier software upgrades as I saw more of then the day after and things stabilized.

Jury is still out to saying anything concrete but my phone with the new radio is not as bad as the first night. In my area, they could have been doing some 2nd carrier software upgrades as I saw more of then the day after and things stabilized.

I went back to the first radio and I have not dropped to 3G in strong LTE areas since.  On the 6.0.1 radio, I got 3G a lot more often.  Not sure what the deal is but I'm satisfied with the older radio.

• Like 1

You all see this? 

http://www.google.com/nexus/tap/

$20 free to Best Buy just for using Android Pay (anywhere, not just at Best Buy, where I don't think it works) on your Nexus device (any Nexus device)

I will take the free $20 Best Buy card.  But, to be honest, it was not a simple, few click process.

First, my two primary credit cards are not issued by participating banks -- one national bank, one regional bank.  I had to use my third credit card, which I rarely use.  It is the only one of the three currently eligible.  Then, I was instructed to call that bank to verify the digital wallet connection.  That took about 15 minutes on the phone.  On the plus side, the verification immediately was confirmed -- both over the phone and via the Android Pay app.

Now, I have to find a participating merchant, make a purchase of some sort, and pay off the trivial balance on the credit card I rarely use.  In the end, my time may be worth more than that $20.

AJ

• Like 1

My experience was quite smooth. I opened the app, hit the + sign, and my 3 cards saved over from Wallet were already there. I chose Chase, agreed to the Bancorp agreement, and the card got added after a few seconds of verification.

Went to McDonald's, tapped and paid.

Has anyone received any word yet from Google?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

My experience was quite smooth. I opened the app, hit the + sign, and my 3 cards saved over from Wallet were already there. I chose Chase, agreed to the Bancorp agreement, and the card got added after a few seconds of verification.

How were you able to add a Chase credit/debit card?  Chase is not one of the participating banks.  That was a sticking point for me.

AJ

How were you able to add a Chase credit/debit card? Chase is not one of the participating banks. That was a sticking point for me.

AJ

It was added for me automatically, as well as my other 2 cards - Discover and a school's union debit card.

I think it was b/c I used to use Chase in the old Google Wallet app and I have a history of purchases. That's why it's still showing the thirdparty Bancorp agreement page during setup.

• Like 1

How were you able to add a Chase credit/debit card? Chase is not one of the participating banks. That was a sticking point for me.

AJ

Any preexisting cards from wallet can be used even if they are currently unsupported. I was able to use my chase debit card up until about a week ago when chase replaced my debit card with a new emv card which now can't be added to Android pay.

This is one of the biggest reasons I do not like the switch over from wallet. As of right now, the only card I can use at all is AMEX. I'm not about to go change banks just for Android pay, so I use the service a lot less now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For my Android Pay transaction at McDonald's, I received a $20 Best Buy e-giftcard this morning. It just popped up without any notifications or emails.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i think my camera may be broken. im not sure if this happened after i installed 6.1 the othe rnight or if it was going on before update but as you can see, nothing happens.  my photos dont show up at the bottom right, the shutter button stays grayed out and the option to swap cameras is also grayed out.  Anyone have an idea?

Screenshot_20151219-213755.png

i think my camera may be broken. im not sure if this happened after i installed 6.1 the othe rnight or if it was going on before update but as you can see, nothing happens.  my photos dont show up at the bottom right, the shutter button stays grayed out and the option to swap cameras is also grayed out.  Anyone have an idea?

Flash the old camera apk.

i think my camera may be broken. im not sure if this happened after i installed 6.1 the othe rnight or if it was going on before update but as you can see, nothing happens. my photos dont show up at the bottom right, the shutter button stays grayed out and the option to swap cameras is also grayed out. Anyone have an idea?

Does A restart fix it? I had that problem with my Nexus 5. It was a broken camera module.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Does A restart fix it? I had that problem with my Nexus 5. It was a broken camera module.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

No a restart does not fix it.

In the play store, i clicked uninstall for the camera...does that roll back to an old / prior version?  if so, that did not work either.

cool stuff always happens when you dont have a camera available doesnt it?  A police chase just ended in my driveway!  Anyways, should i assume it is a bad camera and not a software issue and contact google about it?

• Like 1

cool stuff always happens when you dont have a camera available doesnt it?  A police chase just ended in my driveway!  Anyways, should i assume it is a bad camera and not a software issue and contact google about it?

That's usually how cool stuff happens, unexpectedly... If you haven't tried a hard reset, I would try that. If that doesn't work then contact Google for a replacement. Worse case you already did a hard reset to ship it back to them.

• 3 weeks later...

That seems to be true so far. On ST AT&T, the highest DL speed I got was around 40 mbps. On Verizon, the highest DL I've seen is 6 mbps. Not surprised knowing it's Verizon, the greediest & least generous of all USA carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When I had ST on At&t I hit 90mbps on numerous occasions.

As I previously posted, the camera on my nexus 5X is busted (still).  I realized I have cell phone protection on my credit card so I am going that route first.  The claim is set but all they need now is a quote for a repair (or statement saying it is not worth fixing) from a repair center or the manufacturer.

Will the Sprint repair center look at these?  I thought i remember reading they dont deal with them because they arent sold via Sprint.  Surely they could write a quote (regardless of how much) factoring in the hoops and stuff they would need to jump through to actually fix it.

If not (and more likely) I will need to find a local shop who does repairs on these.

When I had ST on At&t I hit 90mbps on numerous occasions.

Do you remember the APN settings you used? I'm gonna go back to AT&T once my month with Verizon is over.

Do you remember the APN settings you used? I'm gonna go back to AT&T once my month with Verizon is over.

It waa just the standard straight talk apn.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

As I previously posted, the camera on my nexus 5X is busted (still).  I realized I have cell phone protection on my credit card so I am going that route first.  The claim is set but all they need now is a quote for a repair (or statement saying it is not worth fixing) from a repair center or the manufacturer.

Will the Sprint repair center look at these?  I thought i remember reading they dont deal with them because they arent sold via Sprint.  Surely they could write a quote (regardless of how much) factoring in the hoops and stuff they would need to jump through to actually fix it.

If not (and more likely) I will need to find a local shop who does repairs on these.

Just a heads up, I was having the same issue after flashing in 6.0.1 MMB29K (and going straight to rooted), and just updated to 6.0.1 MMB29P - unrooted and the camera started working again.  Rooted (flashed boot img and twrp recovery img and supersu), and it was broken again.  Going back to base (non-rooted/stock) MMB29P and it seems to be working again - guess I'll stick with unrooted until I can play with it more.

Which version are you on?  Maybe trying updating to latest again?