Google Nexus 5X by LG User Thread (LG H790)

WiWavelength

Well the downside is dropping to 3G instead of B26 if you go more than a mile from a tower in the suburbs where density is roughly 1 tower per 3 square miles. :/ I'm really not sure why 26 isn't configured for coverage yet.

I was going to say the same thing. LTE 800 in my area (suburbs) was launched with similar coverage as B25. But I believe they just recently optimized it for coverage in the last week for me. I'm now getting -108 to -110dBm in areas where it was 3G only. A stable 5mbps, not too fast, but not too slow either. I would really like some B41 love in my area, though!
  • Like 1

$80 off is not bad at all. Kinda wish I waited, but I needed a new phone then.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I called my credit card company and got a refund of the difference since the purchase is within 60 days.
  • Like 1

I called my credit card company and got a refund of the difference since the purchase is within 60 days.

Great idea.  Only because of your mental suggestion did I discover that my primary credit card has a 90 day price protection benefit.  The $80 means relatively little to me, but it will be nice to receive that credit.  And I do think that the Nexus 5X -- while a nice handset and solid performer -- is more appropriately placed at the starting price of $300.

With Robert's destroyed Nexus 6P reimbursement and now this Nexus 5X price protection, the credit card fairy has blessed S4GRU this holiday season.

AJ

• Like 3

Thanks for this post - I'd have completely forgotten to check. We'll see if the Citi Price Rewind finds it on its own or I have to do more paperwork...

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip. Looks like Amex stopped offering this a few years ago. Didn't even think of checking though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I have Amex which doesn't have price protection but they did dispute the charge and are taking it up with Google. In the meantime they have credited my account.

Great idea. Only because of your mental suggestion did I discover that my primary credit card has a 90 day price protection benefit. The $80 means relatively little to me, but it will be nice to receive that credit. And I do think that the Nexus 5X -- while a nice handset and solid performer -- is more appropriately placed at the starting price of $300.

With Robert's destroyed Nexus 6P reimbursement and now this Nexus 5X price protection, the credit card fairy has blessed S4GRU this holiday season.

AJ

Roberts misfortune prompted me to check my credit card benefits fine print and I have the 90 day price protection and the product coverage too.

I ordered the 5X tonight as well, figured I may as well try it while it's $80 off in case I like it and decide to keep it. Was put off by the 6P given Roberts experience with support, and them seeming to have some QC issues. Plus it wasn't on sale hahaha.

I have Amex which doesn't have price protection but they did dispute the charge and are taking it up with Google. In the meantime they have credited my account.

I don't want to dispute the whole charge, but I would like $80 back of I can. Is this the only way through Amex?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

How is everyone liking the 5X ? I returned my 6P last week and just ordered the 5X when it went on sale today. Currently using a LG G3 which isn't a bad phone either, not sure which one I'll make the daily driver yet.

I have the LG G3 as well and just ordered the 5x. Agreed the G3 is not a bad phone, but it has not been quite the same sine the Lollipop update. This will be my first Nexus device so looking forward to that experience.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I don't want to dispute the whole charge, but I would like $80 back of I can. Is this the only way through Amex?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

You can just dispute $80 of the charge. You don't have to dispute the whole thing.
  • Like 1

Anyone using the 5x with an Airave? Waiting for mine to arrive and just started to worry that this may be an issue. This is my first Nexus device. I have very low signal right at my house and the Airave is a must since wifi calling is out.

Wow. Tonight was the first time I really got to extensively drive test this thing in various low-signal spots around me and the 5X is AMAZING at holding fringe B25 compared to the 5. This is the first time I've ever made it from HWY51 to Fairview Rd on Providence Rd without dropping LTE.

• Like 4

Anyone using the 5x with an Airave? Waiting for mine to arrive and just started to worry that this may be an issue. This is my first Nexus device. I have very low signal right at my house and the Airave is a must since wifi calling is out.

Works like any other tri-band phone. If you have LTE in the area, it won't grab your air-rave unless you're in 3G only mode.
  • Like 1

Wow. Tonight was the first time I really got to extensively drive test this thing in various low-signal spots around me and the 5X is AMAZING at holding fringe B25 compared to the 5. This is the first time I've ever made it from HWY51 to Fairview Rd on Providence Rd without dropping LTE.

I hope the performance is great using it on the GSM side too. My N5 was good on Sprint and AWFUL on T-Mo/AT&T. 

• Like 1

I've been hearing reports of the 5X having alot of lag sometimes. Have any of you guys had that problem?

Starting to wonder if I should hold off on the 5X too...

None here other than snapchat. Such a terrible coded app.
  • Like 2

I've been hearing reports of the 5X having alot of lag sometimes. Have any of you guys had that problem?

Starting to wonder if I should hold off on the 5X too...

How is battery life on the 5X, specifically typical screen on time?

I get lag & stuttering once in a while. No root, OEM ROM. I get lags while using Chrome, YouTube, and sometimes when switching between apps and opening apps. Kinda surprised it has not been much better than my old N5.

My SOT ranges between 3.5 to 4.5 hrs.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk