JosefTor

Sprint Open World

Does anyone know who Sprint's roaming partner/network is in Canada? I'm on a layover here and I want to make sure I select the right one. I'm on Rogers at the moment.

Does anyone know who Sprint's roaming partner/network is in Canada? I'm on a layover here and I want to make sure I select the right one. I'm on Rogers at the moment.

It was Rogers in Toronto when I was there about 2 weeks ago.

I didn't have to select anything. I received a text from Sprint and it was automatic.

• Like 2

I didn't have to select anything. I received a text from Sprint and it was automatic.

Thanks for the quick reply!

The roaming partners used to be Bell and Telus, but with the discontinuation of CDMA2000 roaming, the primary roaming partner switched to Rogers.  That came as a surprise.

AJ

• Like 2

I can confirm it was Rogers Wireless when I was in Toronto back in July.

The roaming partners used to be Bell and Telus, but with the discontinuation of CDMA2000 roaming, the primary roaming partner switched to Rogers. That came as a surprise.

AJ

I can't imagine Sprint was exceedingly happy with CDMA roaming going away.

• Like 2

P.S. Toronto is amazing.

• Like 1

It's Rogers in Vancouver as well. Incidentally I've only gotten HSPA+ here; no sign of LTE (at least on my Nexus 5X).

Project Fi, on the other hand, seems to be roaming on Bell LTE (Nexus 6).

• Like 1

It's Rogers in Vancouver as well. Incidentally I've only gotten HSPA+ here; no sign of LTE (at least on my Nexus 5X).

Is it throttled on Bell LTE?

If I remember correctly, sprint doesn't have any international LTE agreements.

If I remember correctly, sprint doesn't have any international LTE agreements.

Project Fi is not Sprint. It's a Google MVNO and they work out their own agreements.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Is it throttled on Bell LTE?

Yep, it seems to be throttled to about 256kbps (as is my Nexus 7 LTE tablet on T-Mobile postpaid, also using Bell LTE).

In Toronto tonight - same deal: Sprint is running on Rogers HSPA+, Project Fi and T-Mobile are on Bell LTE (throttled at 256k).

• Like 1

I was in Mexico all week, and Sprint added the free data+voice+sms to my account.  Speeds were awesome but hey, it's free.. Seemed to only have service in major cities.