RingPlus - Free 1GB/1K min+texts on Sprint

jreuschl

https://discourse.ringplus.net/t/future-phase-7-social-network-parallel-test-opens-wednesday-october-7-at-12pm-pst-as-long-supplies-last/5739

Not sure how they can do this..  sounds like the offer will end today.  You give an ad on social media, they give you a free account.  I was able to activate an old Wimax (eek) device to keep an account around.

I wonder how much Sprint is charging these companies to use their service?

MMS is not included, you also have to listen to ads before a call goes through.

Apparently you can use a Sprint pre-paid or Virgin Mobile device on it too.  Might use that line to play with Windows Mobile.

I have an old phone I am trying to try this service with (cause why not its free) but when I go to register the account it errors out saying something went wrong. It says my phone is eligible for the program. Also for this plan you are charged 10 dollars then that is deducted if you going over your limits and once the account is at a zero balance it will charged another ten dollars. Pretty good if you dont use a lot of minutes, texts, or data. Only being charged 10 dollars for a year of service not to shabby. 

I have been trying to register and there was no luck getting past the first screen. There was an error came up a lot

I was having the same thing happen to me. So, I guess they have some website updating that needs done. 

They've been doing these free plans a lot lately. Before they weren't as good as the 1000/1000/1000 offer, but they must finally be getting money to afford such.

Below are the add-ons you can buy. Fairly priced. I imagine Sprint is charging MVNOs less than that to use their network.

3c8a635fb3.png

3f3639c433.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ringplus is doing the 1K min/text/data one last time, today and tomorrow 2-5 Central time.

If you have an old WiMax device laying around, here's a chance to get it activated and watch the Wimax shutdown. My Nexus S 4G is getting another go.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up a spare Nexus 5 and it wouldn't activate. Filed a support ticket, tried chat and tweeted for 10 days without a response. Finally had to dispute the charge on my credit card to resolve it.

• 4 weeks later...

I just tossed a moto e on the "Leonardo 4" plan that was being offered this week.  Works fantastic.

Free: $0 for Unlimited RingPlus-to-RingPlus Voice & Text + 1400 Voice, 1400 Text and 1200 MB + tethering per month.

Pretty darn killer.  No idea what I am going to do with free 1.2GB of data a month but I'll give it a shot.

Where did you get the moto E from?

Best Buy had them on sale for $40.. I know Kmart has the Sprint prepaid for $50. Works fine on Ring+.

I think some users have had issues with Boost/Virgin phones purchased at Wal-Mart for R+.

I've used a Target and Best Buy Boost and Virgin with no problem.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where did you get the moto E from?

I bought from bestbuy for 39.99

Great phone for the price.  Has gorilla glass 3, IPS display, decent qualcomm soc, and a fairly smooth software experience that's pretty close to stock android.

Overall, I've been very impressed with how smooth/fast the device is for the price point.  A big question mark is the upgrade to marshmallow - it's been announced for Canada but not USA which is weird.  Regardless, it sounds like I'll be able to install via fastboot or custom recovery so I am not that concerned.

I signed up a spare Nexus 5 and it wouldn't activate. Filed a support ticket, tried chat and tweeted for 10 days without a response. Finally had to dispute the charge on my credit card to resolve it.

I echo this experience as well..poor to non-existant customer support..will have to dispute CC billing as well

to get my funds back..spent entire day trying to get my Zing Hotspot activated..chat does not function and

their main number  said: "reached after hrs....et al" this was at 2 PM PST...something very fishy here..these

free deals probably are killing their infrastructure

Funny thing is that they responded in detail to the credit card dispute but never did answer the support ticket. A joke of a company.

I have a couple phones activated on R+ and noticed there is a lot of latency in voice calls, over 1 second. Not something I can live with as my primary phone service but I'll use it for a backup internet connection .

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I transferred my primary line from Boost Mobile to the 'Leonardo 5' plan; 1600 texts and minutes + 1500mb of data. Bought a brand new Moto E from Best Buy intended for Sprint Prepaid, paid $40 for it, activated really easily. Number port took about 15 minutes. I'm loving it; same service as I had on Boost with just 500mb of data less and it's saving me $30 / month. I'm not sure how they can afford it but I have listened to at least a dozen ads so far while placing calls in the past 4 days. RingPlus is a pretty innovative company as far as their software is concerned. When I get a voicemail it's transcribed into text and sent to my email as audio. Their website is really useful for usage analysis too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a usage app for RingPlus on Android, especially for the amount of data that is being used. I knoe FreedomPOP and Ting offered an app like most carriers but RP as been absent.

Android's built-in usage monitor has worked fairly well for me.  I just set conservative limits.

With the new 1800MB plan, even more data to go around.

• 2 months later...

Kinda cool deal today - 3k minutes/3k texts/3GB data

3GB is pretty solid

I have the 1800/1800/1800 3G plan on a Moto E (2nd gen) and I got 3G speeds in the Bay Area between 700-2.1MB down. Very nice so far to see that the old 3G network is working again.

• 1 month later...

Now they are offering upgrades to the 5GB plan.

Free 5GB every month - no idea how long they'll be in business but no complaints from me.

Hey for the small fee they charge no complains. I have so many old phones active for testing. But the 5/5/5 plan is just great. Voice quality is sometimes not 100% and you can't dial +1 style numbers unless you activate roaming etc.