HTC A9 (FCC)

transitwatch889

I guess I should be happy there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... I ordered on 10/29 but I guess standard shipping orders go out later.

Ah well

I ordered mine on 11/4 and got the shipped email this past Saturday. Didn't leave the warehouse until Sunday and scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I should be happy there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... I ordered on 10/29 but I guess standard shipping orders go out later.

Ah well

I did the free shipping (3-5 days if I remember correctly). From what I've read it's basically like a lottery system with who gets sent out. They've screwed this launch up pretty bad.

So did the phone ever arrive?  

What's your thoughts so far on it?  Is it a keeper?  My biggest concern is if it holds on to a signal.

I ordered mine on 11/4 and got the shipped email this past Saturday. Didn't leave the warehouse until Sunday and scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.

So did the phone ever arrive?

What's your thoughts so far on it? Is it a keeper? My biggest concern is if it holds on to a signal.

Showed up today. Somehow it took FedEx 2.5 days to make a 10 hour trip.

So far it seams about the same as my M8 but I haven't lost LTE yet that I've seen. The fingerprint sensor is nice and fast-faster than my 6+. Screenshots are a pain. You have to hold power + volume down for a second to take one. The only lag I've noticed is while things are installing witch is pretty normal for Android. If there's anything else you want to know in particular let me know

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Finally have the phone in my hands (arrived on Sat.)  It was purchased directly from HTC (during the 399 promo price.)

I can confirm the device is unlocked.  I was able to insert my work ATT sim, which gave me a carrier screen.  It is amazing to be able to speed test 2 networks on the exact same phone.

Speaking of SIM's, the phone came with one.  I had actually prepared by ordering one, but when the phone arrived it already had a sprint sim.

I am coming from an LG G2 (which I loved but bad GPS and horrible call quality was driving me nuts.)  I can grab B41 signals much better than the LG G2.  It also holds on to B25 more (which I wish it didn't, B25 in my work area is overloaded, while B26 is fast.) I know its unfair to compare but CA on the one a9 makes the phone a pleasure to use on B41.  I have never gotten over 5 megs upload on B41, with this phone I've gotten up to 17 (and 72 down.) GPS is 100 times better than the LG G2.  While the screen/phone ratio is not as nice as the LG G2 (that phone was all screen,) the screen pops (thanks to AMOLED.)  Battery life could be a little better but it actually not as bad as I expected.  Hard use (and GPS use) drains the battery quickly, but moderate use (some emails, checking text, some web and some music,) is actually not bad at all.  I wouldn't take chances though (have a QC 2.0 car charger as well as one at work.) Front camera is good in low light situations (much brighter than other phones, but a lot of noise.)  Back camera is not bad but not great.  I can take some really good pictures but I have to think about it more than I do with the work iphone.  

Android is doing a good job of what its putting on the external card and what goes on the internal memory.  I was a little concerned that it was just going to fill internal memory first and then use external but from what I gather, its put game extra files and music on the external memory.  I have a sandisk extreme pro 64 card in there and haven't noticed a lag if its accessing that memory.

Overall I am not disappointed in my impulse buy (other than HTC's roll-out on delivery.)  I am more concerned in having to contact costumer care if something goes wrong. I never got my 6 month free google music play code, and getting a response from HTC costumer service has been futile.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the thorough write-up and confirmation of it being unlocked out of the box. I'll definitely pick this up later to play with to check it out myself.

Finally have the phone in my hands (arrived on Sat.)  It was purchased directly from HTC (during the 399 promo price.)

Are the engineering screens accessible? Does it play nice with Signal Check Pro?

I am assuming it was the Sprint version, if so does the Sprint Zone app work on it?

Finally have the phone in my hands (arrived on Sat.) It was purchased directly from HTC (during the 399 promo price.)

I can confirm the device is unlocked. I was able to insert my work ATT sim, which gave me a carrier screen. It is amazing to be able to speed test 2 networks on the exact same phone.

Speaking of SIM's, the phone came with one. I had actually prepared by ordering one, but when the phone arrived it already had a sprint sim.

What is the part number on your box? I ordered mine during the promo but came locked with no 6 months free Google play music. I was waiting to see other reports on being unlocked before I said anything.

Are the engineering screens accessible? Does it play nice with Signal Check Pro?

I am assuming it was the Sprint version, if so does the Sprint Zone app work on it?

28d4455737975c53431172bf0f9d4633.jpg

It sticks a little after it switches from B41 but everything else seems to work properly.

I've only seen the 1x + LTE bug (or secret feature) for about 30 seconds after an airplane mode cycle but everything else including the import database works from what I can tell.

As for Sprint Zone for me it loaded all the Sprint default crap upon setup but crashes if I try to open the app itself.

• Like 1

It sticks a little after it switches from B41 but everything else seems to work properly.

I've only seen the 1x + LTE bug (or secret feature) for about 30 seconds after an airplane mode cycle but everything else including the import database works from what I can tell.

As for Sprint Zone for me it loaded all the Sprint default crap upon setup but crashes if I try to open the app itself.

I think the sticking is common now on all androids with the last few updates.It looks like the engineering screens are functioning, that is a plus. I am starting to look at getting a new phone, and it would be nice to have Sprint Zone to report sites that the paste eaters from Ericsson have screwed up.

Any other bloatware? I remember my ONE not being that bad, but I have really enjoyed the pure android experience, I am not sure if I want to go back...

Just saw that I had questions so..

Transitwatch: No prob

CDK:Tell me how I would get to an Engineering screen and ill let you know. As for Signal Light Pro I don't know.  I just use SignalCheck Lite (may pay for the full version though.)  It did install the Sprint apps when it restarted (after activating) but I never use them so I deleted them.  I just reinstalled Sprint Zone and it looks like its working (though its just about 5 minutes playing with it ...)

Bakedc:  Ill check the part number when I get home (where the box is.)  I did notice I have to do the sim switch when the phone is off, Everytime I start the phone, it shows an unlock icon and an android picture, then seems to restart into Sprint mode.  Once its in sprint mode, I can't do the sim switch.  

SKU:HTC2PQOMKIT

What is the part number on your box? I ordered mine during the promo but came locked with no 6 months free Google play music. I was waiting to see other reports on being unlocked before I said anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on getting it unlocked?  I was traveling for pleasure and the coverage with Sprint was abysmal.  Switched over and had no problem while I was away.