LG V10

smooth25

Anyone interested in this? I am.

LG V10. Can someone elaborate on the antenna?

"It’s also the first commercial device to employ Qualcomm’s QFE2550 closed-loop antenna tuning solution, which will allow for better voice quality and much wider network coverage compared to other smartphones on the market."

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v10-specs-price-release-date-645871/

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

http://www.androidauthority.com/sprint-unlimited-plan-price-70-645935/

I believe this is the article that you meant to link to: http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v10-specs-price-release-date-645871/

• Like 1

I don't think that has gone through the FCC yet.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I believe this is the article that you meant to link to: http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v10-specs-price-release-date-645871/

CNet has the live video stream

they mention AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon in the U.S. No mention of Sprint. bummer since it looks like a nice device.

TS

• Like 3

Man I hope Sprint gets it. I'll goes lease it.

Was looking forward for the Nexus launch. Nothing interesting there. I think I'm getting bored with smartphone launches. Yet this phone is unique, and unique phones are way more interesting to me now. Come on Sprint!

• Like 4

"It’s also the first commercial device to employ Qualcomm’s QFE2550 closed-loop antenna tuning solution, which will allow for better voice quality and much wider network coverage compared to other smartphones on the market."

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v10-specs-price-release-date-645871/

So this qualcomm antenna tuner as I understand it is a voltage controlled capacitor that basically they pre-load with some situations to try to prevent "antenna-gate" style problems. They can preload a solution for how it is held in either hand or if it sees a problem, etc. I thought this was already included in the Snapdragon 810 because I remember reading about it months ago but this is the first I have heard of someone actually utilizing it.

I find the phone concept really neat but I wish the extra screen was at the BOTTOM of the phone where I could check it one handed or something.

• 2 weeks later...

The more and more I read, it just doesn't seem like this awesome phone will come to Sprint... I have no idea how reliable this site is, but it lists many of the specifics.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lg-v10-smartphone-hands-on,30230.html

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the service mode code is on the lg. I just switched and all the codes are different than samsung

Well, if you have an LG V10, that means it/you are not on Sprint.  Regardless, many other operators block engineering screen access.  So, you may be out of luck.

AJ

Well, if you have an LG V10, that means it/you are not on Sprint. Regardless, many other operators block engineering screen access. So, you may be out of luck.

AJ

Do u know the Sprint codes for the g4. I figure the codes are probably interchangeable from the same manufacture. I know it probably won't work on a different carrier but misewell give it a shot

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Do u know the Sprint codes for the g4. I figure the codes are probably interchangeable from the same manufacture. I know it probably won't work on a different carrier but misewell give it a shot

Samsung has a generic, operator agnostic Service Mode internal app (*#0011#) that is not present on handsets from other OEMs.  Sprint compatible handsets generally have an installed and accessible Field Test, Debug, or Engineering internal app (##DEBUG# or *#*#DEBUG#*#*).  Other operators SIM lock out those dialer codes.  There may be workarounds -- or not.  By choosing a non Sprint handset and using a different operator, you have may have excluded yourself from those internal screens.  That is the reality of the situation.

AJ

Samsung has a generic, operator agnostic Service Mode internal app (*#0011#) that is not present on handsets from other OEMs. Sprint compatible handsets generally have an installed and accessible Field Test, Debug, or Engineering internal app (##DEBUG# or *#*#DEBUG#*#*). Other operators SIM lock out those dialer codes. There may be workarounds -- or not. By choosing a non Sprint handset and using a different operator, you have may have excluded yourself from those internal screens. That is the reality of the situation.

AJ

Thank you for clarifying this. I loved everything about the v10 which is why I switched but losing service mode and all the other secret code functions is a major bummer. Again thanks for the info

Thank you for clarifying this. I loved everything about the v10 which is why I switched but losing service mode and all the other secret code functions is a major bummer. Again thanks for the info

For the most part, we are all adults here at S4GRU.  Do whatever you please -- within legality and reason.  But if you want some advice, do not change your service just to chase some desirable device(s).  Beware what you wish for...

AJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part, we are all adults here at S4GRU.  Do whatever you please -- within legality and reason.  But if you want some advice, do not change your service just to chase some desirable device(s).  Beware what you wish for...

AJ

i have lg v10 its amazing....and i have gotten comments saying its a beautiful phone....

• Like 1

i have lg v10 its amazing....and i have gotten comments saying its a beautiful phone....

Its definetly an amazing phone. I really wish Sprint would have gotten it so I wouldn't have had to switch but this was to good a device to pass up. Made up for the hassle of switching carriers. I actually find my self using the 2nd screen often and there are so many features lg included that I couldn't do on my Samsung. What do u like about it?

Its definetly an amazing phone. I really wish Sprint would have gotten it so I wouldn't have had to switch but this was to good a device to pass up. Made up for the hassle of switching carriers. I actually find my self using the 2nd screen often and there are so many features lg included that I couldn't do on my Samsung. What do u like about it?

I love the second screen as you mention...I love the two front facing cameras....I love the manual video recording....absolutely epic......the triple view and using all three cameras......manual picture taking absolutely fantastic....the 4 gigs of ram is mind blowing.... Cpu does a fantastic job of managing resources...I have yet to see it studder or lag...the 64 gigs is storage is fantastic and the sd slot and removable battery make it better...

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I love the second screen as you mention...I love the two front facing cameras....I love the manual video recording....absolutely epic......the triple view and using all three cameras......manual picture taking absolutely fantastic....the 4 gigs of ram is mind blowing.... Cpu does a fantastic job of managing resources...I have yet to see it studder or lag...the 64 gigs is storage is fantastic and the sd slot and removable battery make it better...

Ya I just found out about all the extra camera features features this morning when I was messing around with it. Quite amazing if u ask me. And I totally agree with u about the lag. Not once has this device lagged. On my galaxy phone if u had 2 or more things turned on (Wi-Fi, bluetoith, etc) then it would lag real bad. But with the v10 I can have Wi-Fi blutooth location and nfc along with streaming spotify and it doesn't lag one bit. Although I do have to say the battery takes quite a hit. That's my only problem is the battery but that's alright because they give a free one with that promotion anyway

Ya I just found out about all the extra camera features features this morning when I was messing around with it. Quite amazing if u ask me. And I totally agree with u about the lag. Not once has this device lagged. On my galaxy phone if u had 2 or more things turned on (Wi-Fi, bluetoith, etc) then it would lag real bad. But with the v10 I can have Wi-Fi blutooth location and nfc along with streaming spotify and it doesn't lag one bit. Although I do have to say the battery takes quite a hit. That's my only problem is the battery but that's alright because they give a free one with that promotion anyway

Yea that's true and the battery saver does an amazing job lol...

A friend of mine has one of these and they let me play with it for a bit. It's pretty nice, the commercials don't really do it justice. It's a shame they didn't make a Sprint version, but I would never change my service provider because of a handset.

Did we ever find out why it is not coming to Sprint? I've been out of the loop for a bit but, I haven't seen anything.

LG g4 fuck up. Lots of broken devices that they had to replace due to manufacturing defect. .
  • Like 2