S4GRU

IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

Link to the injunction

http://voqal.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Injunction-Granted.pdf

It will only remain active in certain areas according to the press release. I wonder what areas those are.

Long live WiMax....lol

I'm not surprised by the injunction to be honest. Given how the case has been progressing.

The question is - does Sprint shut down the network everywhere else except areas affected by the injunction, or does the whole network continue to stand?

Regardless, this sucks, it's aggravating, and I wanna know what the nature of NYC's second carrier is. B41 is way overcap and it's making me sad.

Theres an article from a Kansas City news outlet saying Sprint is being ordered to extend Wimax network coverage in certain areas for 90 days.

• Like 1

Well this is interesting...

Any other company would've been able to weasel out of this. Especially Verizon. 

• Like 1

The question is - does Sprint shut down the network everywhere else except areas affected by the injunction, or does the whole network continue to stand?

Regardless, this sucks, it's aggravating, and I wanna know what the nature of NYC's second carrier is. B41 is way overcap and it's making me sad.

Only the area where the plaintiffs are affected Iirc. This means new York / Rhode island, Chicago, Denver, Minnesota if I interpretate correctly
  • Like 4

What a load of garbage.  90 days to do what?  The idiots get another 90 days do spread online propeganda?  

GTFO.  Hopefully Sprint buttoned up EVERYTHING other than the immediate areas affected.  That injunction does indicate that it does not require Sprint to 'reactivate any parts of the WiMAX service which have already been shut down'

• Like 8

This is stupid, they already had so much time to transition to LTE. :censored:

There is not a single reason Sprint should be forced to keep wimax up. I can't believe this.

• Like 9

Theres an article from a Kansas City news outlet saying Sprint is being ordered to extend Wimax network coverage in certain areas for 90 days.

Correct. 90 days. Per this News Release as well:

The emergency relief orders Sprint to maintain the WiMax network in certain areas for 90 days to allow Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen time to migrate their users to Sprint’s LTE network.

Hell with this type of stupid logic, we get an injunction on Ford Motor Company to bring back the Pinto!!! 

01-74-Vega-Fire-s.jpg

• Like 7

Soooo.... Does the fact that these companies had literally years of notice mean nothing?

• Like 8

Soooo.... Does the fact that these companies had literally years of notice mean nothing?

Yes. Because the Court supposedly balanced the merits and sympathized with them over Sprint.

Don't try to make sense of it. It doesn't.

• Like 4

Well, they took it to a court where they knew their odds were favorable to win.

Here is the Mark Davis' report in the KC Star: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article43212282.html

Here is the key take away:

Sprint complained that the suing non-profits simply had a contract dispute with Sprint and that others similarly situated already had migrated to LTE.

There are dozens more EBS lessors besides Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen who were in a similar position. Yet, they all have managed to work out something reasonable with Sprint and migrated their customers over. MC/MB are the problem here.

The injunction just gives 90 days so the court can look at what's going on without harming the users. It should no way be interpeted to mean they think the MB/MC are in the right. If MB/MC does nothing in this period to help their vulnerable customers to move to LTE, the court will not likely look kind on that.

• Like 3

This is interesting in the injunction:

"provide service which is better than that which ClearWire was contractually

obligated to provide."

We all know that the b41 is better.  So, can they shut down anyway?

• Like 3

Sprint should "accidentally" shut off wimax anyway and the next day bring it back, but at minimum power. When they complain about spotty service, troll the trolls and say wimax doesn't penetrate paper bags or something, and that they should have moved to LTE a couple years ago.

• Like 6

Well, they took it to a court where they knew their odds were favorable to win.

So Massachusetts is to MB/MC as East Texas is to patent trolls? Nice.
  • Like 2

I'll feel a little better once the Countdown Clock is reset for 90 days.

Seeing it with mere hours left now is honestly depressing.  :(

Sprint should "accidentally" shut off wimax anyway and the next day bring it back, but at minimum power. When they complain about spotty service, troll the trolls and say wimax doesn't penetrate paper bags or something, and that they should have moved to LTE a couple years ago.

If the Court finds any evidence that Sprint is doing this, it will not go well for Sprint.

What I can't understand is why these schools are on Wireless anyway. No one wants to do a Wireline buildout for them?

If the Court finds any evidence that Sprint is doing this, it will not go well for Sprint.

What I can't understand is why these schools are on Wireless anyway. No one wants to do a Wireline buildout for them?

Wasn't a serious suggestion, I just sympathize with Sprint.

• Like 1

I sympathize with pissed off Sprint subs expecting a better network here in NYC, this is bull.

• Like 5