IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

I decided to take a quick look at how much frequency WiMAX was using.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/files/file/29-clearwire-wimaxtd-lte-carrier-band-plan/

AJ

Link to the injunction

http://voqal.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Injunction-Granted.pdf

It will only remain active in certain areas according to the press release. I wonder what areas those are.

The question is - does Sprint shut down the network everywhere else except areas affected by the injunction, or does the whole network continue to stand?

Regardless, this sucks, it's aggravating, and I wanna know what the nature of NYC's second carrier is. B41 is way overcap and it's making me sad.

The question is - does Sprint shut down the network everywhere else except areas affected by the injunction, or does the whole network continue to stand?

Regardless, this sucks, it's aggravating, and I wanna know what the nature of NYC's second carrier is. B41 is way overcap and it's making me sad.

Only the area where the plaintiffs are affected Iirc. This means new York / Rhode island, Chicago, Denver, Minnesota if I interpretate correctly
  • Like 4

What a load of garbage.  90 days to do what?  The idiots get another 90 days do spread online propeganda?  

GTFO.  Hopefully Sprint buttoned up EVERYTHING other than the immediate areas affected.  That injunction does indicate that it does not require Sprint to 'reactivate any parts of the WiMAX service which have already been shut down'

• Like 8

Theres an article from a Kansas City news outlet saying Sprint is being ordered to extend Wimax network coverage in certain areas for 90 days.

Correct. 90 days. Per this News Release as well:

The emergency relief orders Sprint to maintain the WiMax network in certain areas for 90 days to allow Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen time to migrate their users to Sprint’s LTE network.

Soooo.... Does the fact that these companies had literally years of notice mean nothing?

Yes. Because the Court supposedly balanced the merits and sympathized with them over Sprint.

Don't try to make sense of it. It doesn't.

• Like 4

Here is the Mark Davis' report in the KC Star: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article43212282.html

Here is the key take away:

Sprint complained that the suing non-profits simply had a contract dispute with Sprint and that others similarly situated already had migrated to LTE.

There are dozens more EBS lessors besides Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen who were in a similar position. Yet, they all have managed to work out something reasonable with Sprint and migrated their customers over. MC/MB are the problem here.

The injunction just gives 90 days so the court can look at what's going on without harming the users. It should no way be interpeted to mean they think the MB/MC are in the right. If MB/MC does nothing in this period to help their vulnerable customers to move to LTE, the court will not likely look kind on that.

• Like 3

Sprint should "accidentally" shut off wimax anyway and the next day bring it back, but at minimum power. When they complain about spotty service, troll the trolls and say wimax doesn't penetrate paper bags or something, and that they should have moved to LTE a couple years ago.

• Like 6

Sprint should "accidentally" shut off wimax anyway and the next day bring it back, but at minimum power. When they complain about spotty service, troll the trolls and say wimax doesn't penetrate paper bags or something, and that they should have moved to LTE a couple years ago.

If the Court finds any evidence that Sprint is doing this, it will not go well for Sprint.

What I can't understand is why these schools are on Wireless anyway. No one wants to do a Wireline buildout for them?

If the Court finds any evidence that Sprint is doing this, it will not go well for Sprint.

What I can't understand is why these schools are on Wireless anyway. No one wants to do a Wireline buildout for them?

Wasn't a serious suggestion, I just sympathize with Sprint.

• Like 1