IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

I fired up the old Moto Photon 4G today and drove up to my local WiMax Protection Site. It is still pumping out a 10MHz WiMax TDD signal. No whiffs of LTE, yet. Just a few more days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm in the process of flagging their petition under Abusive or hateful, then for reasons of Bullying or harassment. I submitted this to change.org in my flag of the petition :

And of course you have all the facts from both sides to make such assertions.

On the side note: does positioning in a tower help signal propagation?

Clear/Sprint has a WiMax site leased at the very top of this tower and I must say the signal travels very far -75 through a tick concrete wall..

Or did just Clearwire ramp up the power on that site

-75 on a little USB modem, -66 on a Clear hub express

On the side note: does positioning in a tower help signal propagation?

Clear/Sprint has a WiMax site leased at the very top of this tower and I must say the signal travels very far -75 through a tick concrete wall..

Or did just Clearwire ramp up the power on that site

It depends on a lot of other factors, but in isolation yes a higher position on a given tower will theoretically allow for further signal reach due to less surface-related attenuation (reflection etc) than a lower position on the same tower. In the real world, it doesn't matter quite as much. But in terms of going through walls, that's probably more tied to power levels and tower proximity.

eBay tactic, Bid later when it's close to ending not when it's just begun

Yeah, but this is not that kind of auction. It's just not panning out like the iDEN countdown clock auction went. Maybe everyone will show up at the end.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

And of course you have all the facts from both sides to make such assertions.

These organizations are in the midst of suing Sprint, trying to keep Sprint from running their business, which if they got their way, could damage Sprint. This probably already has hurt Sprint, and unfairly, unjustly so, yet you criticize me for defending Sprint, especially since this petition is further harassment against the company by these organizations.

• Like 1

I fired up the old Moto Photon 4G today and drove up to my local WiMax Protection Site. It is still pumping out a 10MHz WiMax TDD signal. No whiffs of LTE, yet. Just a few more days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a couple of hotspots running and speeds are arounf 12MB down now vs 5MB just a few months ago.

I have a couple of hotspots running and speeds are arounf 12MB down now vs 5MB just a few months ago.

Yep, because other WiMax customers believed the notices they received that the network was shutting down and they better move on. There are very few subscribers left. Sprint is already shutting down sites where no subscribers are connecting to, only inconsistent transient traffic. The end is nigh!

• Like 3

These organizations are in the midst of suing Sprint, trying to keep Sprint from running their business, which if they got their way, could damage Sprint. This probably already has hurt Sprint, and unfairly, unjustly so, yet you criticize me for defending Sprint, especially since this petition is further harassment against the company by these organizations.

yes, by submitting such assertions and allegations of "Abusive or hateful, then for reasons of Bullying or harassment

" as if you have all the facts when you don't, you're acting like a nosy neighbor inserting yourself into someone else's business without all the facts from either side.

You have no idea what has transpired between sprint and these companies and whether or not it is sprint that is unjustly or unfairly damaging the other company or vice versa.

No one here could possibly know unless they are directly involved with the involved companies communications.

but carry on!

yes, by submitting such assertions and allegations of "Abusive or hateful, then for reasons of Bullying or harassment

" as if you have all the facts when you don't, you're acting like a nosy neighbor inserting yourself into someone else's business without all the facts from either side.

You have no idea what has transpired between sprint and these companies and whether or not it is sprint that is unjustly or unfairly damaging the other company or vice versa.

No one here could possibly know unless they are directly involved with the involved companies communications.

but carry on!

From what I do know of it reading the news available online, after all, I can read. I'm a member of a forum, as are you, called S4GRU, which reports on various issues of almost everything made public regarding Sprint. This issue was reported and continues to be on this website, along with discussion about it. Other websites are doing the same, but those are mostly filled with all the anti-Sprint crap which S4GRU was created as a haven of sorts for people to get more truthful information and discussion about Sprint, and for people to disseminate other news sites' truths or not about Sprint, so that we know which other sources of Sprint information are trustworthy or not.

From all I've read and continue to read about the issue, it is clear to me Sprint is being unfairly treated by these organizations. While I don't know every itty bitty little detail of their contract, from what I've read seems pretty substantial in favor of Sprint.

Besides, these organizations could make the decision to work this situation out with Sprint, without having to drag the media and the law into this. Furthermore, these organizations are continuing to go this route by having their petition against Sprint.

Their actions towards Sprint surely don't reflect as ones of pure innocense. By doing what they are doing, is harassment against Sprint. There are better ways they could be resolving their issues, and since that is among the most clear of evidence to me and to the public, seeing this petition as such further Bullying against Sprint making the company out to look like they are harming innocent people and education, well, that certainly is worthy of being flagged. After all, if people like those in these organizations actively doing these things against Sprint were here on S4GRU trying to do the same things here, they'd likely be banned.

Just out of curiosity is B41 mostly in EBS or BRS? Could Sprint give those licenses up? Seems if my memory serves me correctly when Sprint merged Xohm with Clearwire didn't they bring like 60MHz to the table? Also as a side note I liked the Xohm name.

Just out of curiosity is B41 mostly in EBS or BRS? Could Sprint give those licenses up? Seems if my memory serves me correctly when Sprint merged Xohm with Clearwire didn't they bring like 60MHz to the table? Also as a side note I liked the Xohm name.

It varies drastically by market which band is used. However, in markets where Sprint owns most of the BRS spectrum, they could get rid of the EBS spectrum if they had to.

ONLY 14 HOURS LEFT to the WiMax Countdown Clock Naming Rights auction! Please bid! Proceeds go to support S4GRU and the winner gets all the honors and privelleges associated with having their name next to the WiMax clock counting down to zero! Say goodbye to WiMax and show your support for S4GRU and the expansion of 2xCA LTE! Bid right away!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301786208301?

Note that the auction winner will have their S4GRU account credited for the auction winning amount toward upgrades of Premier Sponsor or Honored Premier Sponsor.

Thank you all for your support.

Like S4GRU said it varies significantly by market. That said Sprint has roughly 120 MHz of BRS/EBS spectrum on average in 90 of the top 100 markets.  Sprint in most cases doesn't need the Schwartz spectrum, which in turn significantly diminishes Mobile Citizen's negotiating position.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm very curious.  If Sprint has a Clear site it wants to convert to LTE that is not doing LTE today, does that require a tech to visit the site or can that be done remotely?  I think this is a Samsung market.  I've got my fingers crossed that after the shutdown, several Clear sites that would very nicely fill some coverage gaps will be converted to B41.

EDIT:  I'm also curious if the same is true for sites that currently have one carrier of LTE.  Will they need a site visit to light up a second one once WiMax is turned off, or can that be done remotely?

- Trip

Edited by Trip

This may be a stupid question, but I'm very curious. If Sprint has a Clear site it wants to convert to LTE that is not doing LTE today, does that require a tech to visit the site or can that be done remotely? I think this is a Samsung market. I've got my fingers crossed that after the shutdown, several Clear sites that would very nicely fill some coverage gaps will be converted to B41.

EDIT: I'm also curious if the same is true for sites that currently have one carrier of LTE. Will they need a site visit to light up a second one once WiMax is turned off, or can that be done remotely?

- Trip

If it's not live for LTE now turn it will never be until it's converted d to macro sprint 2.5 or full build sites. The entire Clearwire network lte deployment was completely halted when the sprint 2.5 deployment vegan.

If it's not live for LTE now turn it will never be until it's converted d to macro sprint 2.5 or full build sites. The entire Clearwire network lte deployment was completely halted when the sprint 2.5 deployment vegan.

That can't be right.  The Clear site at King Street Metro was lit up in January of this year.  8T8Rs were already floating around by then.

- Trip

That can't be right. The Clear site at King Street Metro was lit up in January of this year. 8T8Rs were already floating around by then.

- Trip

Then it was a straggler. All the clear deployments were cancelled and stop order were given AFAIK.