IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

From Columbus, OH:

WiMAX is Dead in Columbus.  Make way for CAx3 soon!!!

• Like 4

WiMax still alive in SF. Although it wasn't explicitly listed as being shutdown in this round (or any round), it seemed likely.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Yeah. It's strange how it was left off the shutdown list... Last day will be March 31st regardless.

Wimax was shut down around 9am this morning. It seems like the network was shutdown in clusters because I wasn't able to connect to WiMax in San Jose since midnight but in Hayward, the network was on air until 9am.

RIP

• Like 3

Wimax was shut down around 9am this morning. It seems like the network was shutdown in clusters because I wasn't able to connect to WiMax in San Jose since midnight but in Hayward, the network was on air until 9am.

RIP

Appears to also be down in Oakland.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Big news for the Clearwire market transition to CA from Dayton OH by nowerlater: First the EARFCN was moved after the Dayton Expedience network was shutdown with Cincinnati WiMAX (who even knew Expedience was still alive until the Mobile Citizen court order listing places like Anchorage and Duluth, MN). 

Now on Thursday the first CA site came alive (a new B41 site).  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6200-cincinnati-market-mapspreadsheet-premier-edition/page-40&do=findComment&comment=471522

• Like 9

Wimax pruning and modification of the Clearwire microwave network has begun in a number of markets, according to FCC records.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely appears dead.  Along with Clearwire sites in my area (DFW).  Right now my M9 will only connect to 800mhz CDMA/LTE.  Used to I had a strong Clearwire 2.5Ghz site here.

My wife at work would get a 1 bar lte b26 signal very deep indoors. Since yesterday she only gets 2 bars of 1x. Wimax shutdown is the cause of this? Is Sprint shrinking their coverage??!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

My wife at work would get a 1 bar lte b26 signal very deep indoors. Since yesterday she only gets 2 bars of 1x. Wimax shutdown is the cause of this? Is Sprint shrinking their coverage??!

No. It must be something else. The WiMAX shutdown has no effect on other sprint LTE operations (b26 included).

• Like 2

I found I needed to do a profile update.  Then my phone would connect to B25 and B41 again.

• Like 1

Today's the day WiMAX is scheduled to die nationwide at least for all non-protection sites :popcorn:

It appears to be dead here in Alamogordo NM. Could not get a connection. I do believe we were a protected site. Just wish we could get B26.

• Like 1

I asked a few weeks ago about protection sites, but never got a response, so that's why I was very specific in my wording. Some protection sites are still very far from deployed B41 areas. Nice to get some feedback on the issue :tu: I sympathize with you regarding B26 as I am in the same boat being inside the Canadian IBEZ .

Can someone explains what happens now that WiMAX has been shutdown? Within the last half hour here at my house I no longer see Clearwire B41 in SignalCheck but now Sprint 412 with the same GCI that I saw for Clearwire B41 yesterday. Was this to be expected with the shutdown?