IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

I powered on right after Zero hour to check. At first I was slightly surprised to see it acquire signal!

attachicon.gifw2.png

But since it has been furtively suggested in other places that the network would remain open to all, not just the non-profit accounts; I must dash those rumblings. It seems regular clearwire accounts are deauthorized. 

I am using a Clear Hub and a Clearspot and both are still working and speeds are fantastic at around 12MB down. I finally have my OWN tower :) LOL

Clearly its not over yet in Portland. My Clear hotspot is still working.

Orange County is still running too

attachicon.gifCLR.png

Apparently all of our devices have been shut off and all of our accounts have been closed says the fine print at the top of the page.

I guess they will keep the remaining accounts open or running until its over. Why do the work and sort through all the accounts that remain.

Clearwire sent a notice a long while ago saying that they would not institute new accounts nor reinstate old accounts. So existing good standing accounts still appear to be live. Others, not. I'm driving past my Protection Site in a few minutes to check it out.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 3

Clearwire sent a notice a long while ago saying that they would not institute new accounts nor reinstate old accounts. So existing good standing accounts still appear to be live. Others, not. I'm driving past my Protection Site in a few minutes to check it out.

I'm seeing that as well now.

My billing date was today so it sent me to the login page & then to the payment page.

Based on dedub's experience, I won't be making a payment.

My Freedompop Hub still works fine.

So i guess non-MB/MC accounts are good until their next payment date?

Edited by billwoodly

I'm driving past my Protection Site in a few minutes to check it out.

cc7a0779599b9f3101e99a9f245d0054.jpg

Still alive and kicking at the Rapid City, South Dakota WiMAX protection site!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

What is the prevailing opinion of the ultimate solution?  Will Sprint raise the 6GB cap that they offered?  What is considered reasonable from each side?  10GB, 15GB?  I really like the suggestions from earlier in the thread, let the MC/MB users have B41 LTE access with a throttled cap of 10mb/s (very similar to the top end they could have previously acquired) and but a throttling cap on it once they reach the top 5% of usage, then they get throttled further.

Sprint's new network is very good, however, I'm not sure on a loaded B41 carrier that they would be able to reach a constant/continuous 10mb/s during peak hours, unless they were on a very underutilized site.

If Sprint can show they are offering service that is greater than previous i.e same max data speed, more coverage (B41LTE has significantly more sites than Clear) and they cap them similar to a Sprint customer for the data usage, how is this not enough to get the injunction lifted?

• Like 1

cc7a0779599b9f3101e99a9f245d0054.jpg

Still alive and kicking at the Rapid City, South Dakota WiMAX protection site!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bandwidth 0Mhz?  Shouldn't that be 10Mhz?

• Like 1

The towers and network are still obviously up, however now my clear spot is redirecting to home.clear (no internet) so I would guess it is just a matter of time before anyone else with still active service will get shut down.

It is my opinion that was probably the plan all along, I don't think we were going to see all the towers just drop at midnight, just the service, regardless of the lawsuit.

clear devices will continue to be able to connect to the towers, then get redirected to the clear captive portal which redirect the browser to your clear account page.

I'm sure sooner or later the towers will be disabled though (depending how the lawsuit goes), it's just a matter of time.

What is the prevailing opinion of the ultimate solution?  Will Sprint raise the 6GB cap that they offered?  What is considered reasonable from each side?  10GB, 15GB?  I really like the suggestions from earlier in the thread, let the MC/MB users have B41 LTE access with a throttled cap of 10mb/s (very similar to the top end they could have previously acquired) and but a throttling cap on it once they reach the top 5% of usage, then they get throttled further.

Sprint's new network is very good, however, I'm not sure on a loaded B41 carrier that they would be able to reach a constant/continuous 10mb/s during peak hours, unless they were on a very underutilized site.

If Sprint can show they are offering service that is greater than previous i.e same max data speed, more coverage (B41LTE has significantly more sites than Clear) and they cap them similar to a Sprint customer for the data usage, how is this not enough to get the injunction lifted

Regardless what the outcome will be, Sprint lost again because they get the bad press. Not really something you need if you're in a turn-around situation. Why would people believe you have such a great network with more capacity as all the other carriers when you cut off school for using the network? I'm sure Sprint could provide unlimited service with caps, because you don't need 60MB down for Google or do your homework. 10MB work just fine and that was what Clearwire offered at best (although I am still running 12MB down on my Clear Hub this morning). Give them unlimited, cap the speed to what Clear offered and show that your network can handle the traffic. In addition just allow B41 traffic and no access to B25/26 because these bands are not part of the EBS spectrum. 

• Like 3

Our old wimax phones can be cantankerous. Remember to have Wi-Fi off and reboot and try again before saying it is dead.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Regardless what the outcome will be, Sprint lost again because they get the bad press. Not really something you need if you're in a turn-around situation.

Outside of a few cities and tech blogs this isn't really getting coverage anywhere.

After that brief reprieve in the early AM, I'm no longer being allowed to resolve any sites, although the WiMax connection is still fine. End of the road for Clear users?

Sounds kind of like when iDen was shutdown. Services stopped working and eventually towers powered down. Weren't some a manual switch flip?

I have a Clear account, of which my Mom uses - got the phone call from her a few hours ago, saying Internet is down as of a few hours before that. At least in the Chicago area (Glenview to be specific), WiMax is down.

• Like 1