IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

Seems ridiculous to keep the network on and only allow the 300,000 affected access to the network.    Sprint should keep all remaining customers on and keep billing if they are required to keep the system on

Yeah i mean it isn't like those people had 4 years to find another alternative or anything, right?

• Like 2

I just plugged in the HTC EVO 4G for the first time in years.  Wow, that guy now is relatively small but thick.  I will let it charge for 30 minutes, then launch the WiMAX engineering screen and head out to the local protection site to check for any activity -- or lack thereof.

AJ

• Like 8

Well, since tonight was wasted by some non profits who thought they were doing the right thing for 300K people out of an entire network of 50M+, it's back to waiting for the long rumored second band 25 carrier. Hopefully they can light that up in 2 weeks here!

• Like 2

This news completely ruined my day  :angry:  :td:

When you're this excited about a change this major about to happen and then at the last minute you get told you have to wait, it's extremely upsetting.

How would you feel if your employer told you that you were going to get a promotion and a 30% increase in salary effective November 6. Then you get told at 3pm on Nov 5th that you have to wait 3 more months until it kicks in. I don't know about you guys, but I would be HOT!!

• Like 1

I just plugged in the HTC EVO 4G for the first time in years. Wow, that guy now is relatively small but thick. I will let it charge for 30 minutes, then launch the WiMAX engineering screen and head out to the local protection site to check for any activity -- or lack thereof.

AJ

There are more surprises. I forgot how bad Android scrolling used to be. And notifications.

There are more surprises. I forgot how bad Android scrolling used to be. And notifications.

Will the Nexus 5X to HTC EVO 4G now feel like Windows 8 to MS-DOS?   We shall see...

AJ

• Like 4

It'll take more than a WiMAX shutdown delay to ruin my day. I took a trip to Cleveland's WiMAX footprint early this morning and found that it is still alive and well as of 12:08AM. I also found 5 WiMAX carriers too which gobbles up 50MHz of spectrum, so WiMAX is a bigger spectrum hog than I thought. No wonder Sprint wants to dump the network. ;)

Screenshot_2015-11-06-00-08-10.png

• Like 1

Even after midnight, Cinderella is still enjoying the ball...

35cg31f.jpg

But trying to take an internal screenshot was not at all enjoyable.  So, I resorted to taking a pic from the Nexus 5X of the HTC EVO 4G.

The greatest advances in both hardware and software were from the HTC EVO 4G to the similarly named HTC EVO 4G LTE.  Since then, hardware and software improvements have been incremental.

AJ

• Like 3

The greatest advances in both hardware and software were from the HTC EVO 4G to the similarly named HTC EVO 4G LTE.  Since then, hardware and software improvements have been incremental.

It was such an advance that you jumped entirely over the EVO 3D, the first dual core HTC in the US!

I powered on right after Zero hour to check. At first I was slightly surprised to see it acquire signal!

post-5987-0-65632500-1446800622_thumb.png

But since it has been furtively suggested in other places that the network would remain open to all, not just the non-profit accounts; I must dash those rumblings. It seems regular clearwire accounts are deauthorized. 

WiMAX still alive in Columbus as expected (9.91Mbps down, 1.25 up), however Freedompop VOIP app not connecting.  I will try again.

edit Freedompop now appears to be OK.

Edited by dkyeager
  • Like 1

I have a Clearwire serviced Clear account and I am currious if they leave us on air without charging or will kill off the accounts. Usually they ran billing at 3am in the morning (PST)

I guess I can check again tomorrow if someone doesn't get to it first. I'm also curious about sprint's WiMax users.

WiMAX still alive in Columbus as expected (9.91Mbps down, 1.25 up), however Freedompop VOIP app not connecting.  I will try again.

edit Freedompop now appears to be OK.

Perhaps Mr Orange was on to something above. 

We have sputtered back to life here as well!

post-5987-0-78790800-1446803454_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifCLR.png

Apparently all of our devices have been shut off and all of our accounts have been closed.   

I think that has been that way for a while. However going to the Clear coverage map now takes you to the online Sprint Store, which is smart.

I think that has been that way for a while.

That page has been that way for months, but the red verbiage up top was not there when I went to the page last week.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

as of this morning, my hub express is down but my clearspot is working

on the clear account page, the hub express was asking for payment but yet not showing any valid data plan.

I tried a payment of 50 but didn't change anything except now i have a 50 credit lol

the clear spot account is showing normally

weird.