Cases and signal strength

jreuschl

I noticed something interesting.  I removed the Speck case on my Note 4 and signal strength increased 5db+  I know I've read comments that the leather back option for the G4 affects signal.

Anyone looked into different case types and how they affect signal?  I'm sure a metal case would be even worse.

I noticed something interesting.  I removed the Speck case on my Note 4 and signal strength increased 5db+  I know I've read comments that the leather back option for the G4 affects signal.

Anyone looked into different case types and how they affect signal?  I'm sure a metal case would be even worse.

For fun, I just took my Spigen case off my HTC One M8, and it seemed to improve my signal on 3G/1x by ~1-2dBm.  Definitely interesting.  Seems like plastic cases might be the most RF-friendly.

• Like 1

How can you not wear protection.

Normally, I use protection.  But then I thought to myself, when am I ever gonna make it back to Haiti?

Bad Idea Jeans.

AJ

• Like 1

My sister had a case that would decrease reception by what I would guess a good 15 dBm. It also cut the wifi signal strength/range in half.

It was some kind of plastic with what looked to be pyrite glitter on the back. Or maybe it was just made of lead, because that thing was the worst signal clock block I've ever come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister had a case that would decrease reception by what I would guess a good 15 dBm. It also cut the wifi signal strength/range in half.

It was some kind of plastic with what looked to be pyrite glitter on the back. Or maybe it was just made of lead, because that thing was the worst signal clock block I've ever come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I stopped using cases, it killed signal strength.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk