Switched to AT&T a week ago now thinking of coming back to Sprint

mike0218

So after four months using AT&T I am back with Sprint and couldn't be more happier. AT&T's voice quality needs a lot of work here, VoLTE either worked or dropped every few calls. I finally ended up disabling VoLTE in favor of UMTS/HSPA which worked but punished my ears (crackling, popping, and a loud squeak) depending on what side of town I was on. On the data side AT&T's LTE worked but wasn't nothing to write home about, at least once a week I would get a message when trying to use the web browser stating "that a data connection couldn't be established."

So this past Wednesday I went into one of the Sprint stores here and got signed up for iPhone Forever, ported my number back to Sprint, traded in a working smartphone, and walked out with a iPhone 6S. The best part is I am only paying half of what I paid on AT&T ($25/5GB) which you can't beat in my opinion. Only gripe I had was when I was in the store, it was BUSY! Everyone there was switching over from Verizon or AT&T and had nothing but happy faces once the reps showed them what they would pay once they switched.

Things are looking up for Sprint!

I hope the rep told you that 50% plans have access fees based on the competition charges. So the $25 for 5gb + $12.50 access fee.

I hope you were told but in case you werent i wanted to let you know. Gotta look out for my fellow S4GRUers.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I hope the rep told you that 50% plans have access fees based on the competition charges. To the $25 for 5gb + $12.50 access fee.

I hope you were told but in case you werent i wanted to let you know. Gotta look out for my fellow S4GRUers.

Yea I am aware of the access fee but it still comes out to be much cheaper than AT&T.  :)

• Like 1

Yea I am aware of the access fee but it still comes out to be much cheaper than AT&T. :)

Did you want the 5gb or did the rep suggest that? Im just curious because they only pay us 0.5 commission on the these 50% plans if they are on data plans below 5gb. So i imagine everyone is pushing hard to get people to atleast 5gb. I know i do lol. Its like a $7.50 difference to go from 2 to 5gb so pretty easy upsell and honestly way better than overages on a tiny bucket.

Did you want the 5gb or did the rep suggest that? 

I needed at least the 5GB so I know for sure I won't go over but I was told if I do there is no overages, if I do go over I am just throttled to 2G speeds.

• Like 1

I needed at least the 5GB so I know for sure I won't go over but I was told if I do there is no overages, if I do go over I am just throttled to 2G speeds.

Thats only on sprint share packs and tmobile 50% plans. 82b8268c1712c1ed8e565cdf7795dfde.jpg

• Like 1

Thats only on sprint share packs and tmobile 50% plans.

I see that now but that's fine I never go over 3GB on LTE.  I use WiFi when at home and my ISPs WiFi "OptiZones" that are laid out everywhere around town.