Samsung Ultimate Testdrive

derrph

As mentioned in the iPhone thread, it'll be a good idea to start a thread for all the iPhone users who have a Samsung test device. We can share experiences and thoughts but also to have some android experts chime in also! So let's get the ball rolling!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Other users. Is there a way to stop the fact that it cuts music while sending a message...at least while head phones are in.

So far I like this device. If they could manage the battery life better and get rid of some of this UI lag, I would consider android

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Other users. Is there a way to stop the fact that it cuts music while sending a message...at least while head phones are in.

So far I like this device. If they could manage the battery life better and get rid of some of this UI lag, I would consider android

Samsung is known for lag. HTC, and Motorola are really good at making it a smooth experience. Also Nexus.

Sent from my M8

• Like 4

I am actually enjoying this device the more I use it. Little lag but not anything that bothers me too much. The battery is iffy. fe264dde8ebd74e47f710ad29a45b40a.jpg

• Like 1

I have never noticed the silence when messaging. Does it do it when the phone is on silent? All the time? I am using a G4 with Hangouts as my messaging app. It did not silence on me.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

Did everyone with a phone get in on the test drive right away? I have tried a few times since I heard about it but every time I check it says they are temporarily out of stock and to check back later...

I am completely guessing here, but I think that they might wait until the current ones get sent back first. Then they will "recondition" those to send out in the next batch.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

So...After bringing the phone to work I have determined that my iPhone 6 does a hell of a lot better on fringe signal than this s6 does. I'm talking the battery went down from like 90% to 40% just from being inside a building that has bad signal. My iPhone, with the usual usage at work would probably drop down maybe 20%. 

• Like 2

c042961be91d860d44c296e6a1120956.jpg

For my needs the battery serves the purpose and is on par with my iphone. Connection wise my iphone is seems better. I do like that that spark logo is gone. I do miss imessage and apple music. Kinda laggy when using Google Chrome and navigating through the settings though. I'm still impressed with the screen being almost 6 inches it's still narrow and easy to hold in one hand.

• Like 1

So...After bringing the phone to work I have determined that my iPhone 6 does a hell of a lot better on fringe signal than this s6 does. I'm talking the battery went down from like 90% to 40% just from being inside a building that has bad signal. My iPhone, with the usual usage at work would probably drop down maybe 20%.

Did you compare signal strength?

Sent from my Tab 4

Did you compare signal strength?

Sent from my Tab 4

I did not have my iPhone on me so I wasn't able to compare. I'm still disappointed with the battery life. I don't know, maybe I have a dud because it just went down so freaking fast...

that and my screen on time was legit 41 minutes. Come on.

• Like 1

I did not have my iPhone on me so I wasn't able to compare. I'm still disappointed with the battery life. I don't know, maybe I have a dud because it just went down so freaking fast.

Doubt you have a dud. Honestly just sounds like typical S6 battery. ????

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Doubt you have a dud. Honestly just sounds like typical S6 battery.

That's horrible. No wonder people stick with stock android. The phone has potential to be a killer, but the battery life is legit it's own demise. I wouldn't take this phone if you gave it to me for free. 

That's horrible. No wonder people stick with stock android. The phone has potential to be a killer, but the battery life is legit it's own demise. I wouldn't take this phone if you gave it to me for free.

That's what quick charging and wireless charging are for. Yes it drains fast, but at least it is easy to charge.

• Like 4

That's what quick charging and wireless charging are for. Yes it drains fast, but at least it is easy to charge.

When you're near the charger though...I guess when you're out and about and hoping your battery life will last, it just...ya know...won't. LOL

• Like 1

When you're near the charger though...I guess when you're out and about and hoping your battery life will last, it just...ya know...won't. LOL

The main reason I avoided the S6 like the plague.  Great phone, terrible battery performance.

• Like 1

I just cleared all my data from it and set it in a box. I'm done with it haha.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

Dang I wish you had a better experience or a different device other than the regular edge. I think this is one big focus group for Samsung to see why people stick with apple. I bet you after everyone takes their survey those improvements will be in the next galaxy phones.

• Like 2

Dang I wish you had a better experience or a different device other than the regular edge. I think this is one big focus group for Samsung to see why people stick with apple. I bet you after everyone takes their survey those improvements will be in the next galaxy phones.

I sure hope they send out a detailed survey. AT the end where it says if I have an additional comments, I'll make sure to leave some. I think the phone is beautiful... The screen is amazing (certainly better than iPhones screen). It's just that they just haven't gotten it right yet. 

When I was playing with a G4 a few weeks ago, I also had terrible battery life. The phone ran hot, and drained super quick. This was stock, out of the box with a few apps added. I think skinned Android in general is just a battery draining pig, full of background processes doing a million things. This leaves a bad taste for iPhone users who occasionally take peek at that other side of mobile life. I did like my nexus 5 last year. It was a very fast, clean, no bullsh*t device. If it had a better camera, a better battery, and visual voicemail, I may have used it for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 4

When I was playing with a G4 a few weeks ago, I also had terrible battery life. The phone ran hot, and drained super quick. This was stock, out of the box with a few apps added. I think skinned Android in general is just a battery draining pig, full of background processes doing a million things. This leaves a bad taste for iPhone users who occasionally take peek at that other side of mobile life. I did like my nexus 5 last year. It was a very fast, clean, no bullsh*t device. If it had a better camera, a better battery, and visual voicemail, I may have used it for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

The nexus 5 actually still remains one of my favorite devices. I almost bought one simply for testing Sprints network but sided aganist it because poor.

The nexus 5 actually still remains one of my favorite devices. I almost bought one simply for testing Sprints network but sided aganist it because poor.

The price is right on that phone, too. It felt great in my hand, and the edge-to-edge glass is nice. I don't know who is making the Nexus this year, but if it's LG, they only need to beef up the specs on the N5 to have another serious winner.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

I sure hope they send out a detailed survey. AT the end where it says if I have an additional comments, I'll make sure to leave some. I think the phone is beautiful... The screen is amazing (certainly better than iPhones screen). It's just that they just haven't gotten it right yet.

They are going to get a BUNCH of comments concerning the devices. The background processes running is ooc. I suspect though that Sammy will get a influx of devices back the week of the release date of the next iphone. Honestly for Sammy to follow behind apple hardware design wise that shows that they could care less about their core audience and would rather sacrifice them for iPhone users.

• Like 1

I have bad battery life with the 5S unlike any other device I've ever had. I point the finger at LTE. Even with 28nm process, it consumes battery like a mother. Also consider that, for whatever reason, Verizon signal has weakened in and around Chester. Lots of places around me I drop to 3G or even 1X. That sucks. I can see how the people on Sprint who get stuck on 3G or 1X end up hating Sprint unless they read S4GRU.

Now Verizon wants to get rid of CDMA radios in devices. When that happens, they're going to kill their reputation for service in Chester, unless VZW puts up a lot more towers here. Sadly there's no one to challenge unless you consider AT&T challenging here. However lots of people see issues with AT&T as well. I'll end with the circle of blame that wireless users here have:

Verizon sucks? It's a limitation of technology.

Any other carrier sucks? It's their fault. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

PS - AT&T has put out their own network agitprop for Southern Illlinois, it looks like this:

2f6bedba3d7564b5b7e105983b5ac017.jpg

• Like 3