iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

If you go with the 6S Plus, I would suggest getting a slim case and a screen protector and relying on a protection plan instead of a bulky OtterBox.  My 6S Plus fits in my pocket fine and doesn't seem that much larger than my 6 with the OtterBox I had on it.

I usually have a slim case always, never really liked a bulky case. My 6 has the slimmest case possible with a simple screen protector now.

I was playing around with the 6 Plus I have at work, and it seems "usable" for one handed use, though I'm not sure how it will translate to daily usage.

I usually have a slim case always, never really liked a bulky case. My 6 has the slimmest case possible with a simple screen protector now.

I was playing around with the 6 Plus I have at work, and it seems "usable" for one handed use, though I'm not sure how it will translate to daily usage.

I will say you need time getting use to it but once you do, it is very nice.  My brother in law went from a 4S to a 6S+ a few weeks ago and loves it.

I went from the 6+ to the 6s. I was able to get used to the larger size, but it was cumbersome. Even with large hands, you have to use the reach ability feature (double touch home button) for everything in the top third of the screen. The battery life and screen size are awesome, though. I hope the 7+ is the same size screen with trimmed down bezels, and squared/chamfered edges for grip.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

I went from the 6+ to the 6s. I was able to get used to the larger size, but it was cumbersome. Even with large hands, you have to use the reach ability feature (double touch home button) for everything in the top third of the screen. The battery life and screen size are awesome, though. I hope the 7+ is the same size screen with trimmed down bezels, and squared/chamfered edges for grip.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I just got done using a Note 5 for the last week and fell in love with it. The screen size is perfect. The ergonomics are definitely not as good as a smaller phone but for the bigger screen I think I could live with it. Honestly once I got used to it I forgot I was even lugging a huge phablet around with me. I'm thinking about switching to a 6S Plus now from my 6. (I think finally got a 6 with a screen I can live with though, though still far from

perfect, so I may just hang onto that till the 7).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello 6s users: Any recommendations for running armbands? Might get one as a stocking stuffer for my wife.

I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I ran a marathon with a SPIBelt - super comfortable.

http://spibelt.com/

• Like 1

Hello 6s users: Any recommendations for running armbands? Might get one as a stocking stuffer for my wife.

I got this for my wife last year and it works great. She has a 6 with a Rocketfish silicone case on the phone and can still get the phone in / out easily, but it stays snug.

Armband for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 (Also fits OtterBox Commuter for iPhone 5s / iPhone 5 / iPhone 5c) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071C9B0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_tqdCwb15GN8VK

• Like 1

I got this for my wife last year and it works great. She has a 6 with a Rocketfish silicone case on the phone and can still get the phone in / out easily, but it stays snug.

Armband for iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 (Also fits OtterBox Commuter for iPhone 5s / iPhone 5 / iPhone 5c) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071C9B0U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_tqdCwb15GN8VK

Thanks! I've been have trouble coming up with something small for my wife. She's been shoving her 6 into an armband designed for the 5. I'm afraid every time she takes the phone out it's going to fly across the room!

• Like 1

Had the Nexus 5x, now back to iPhone 6s

Social media apps are absolutely horrible on Android (example; Snapchat)

Banking apps aren't updated and aren't comparable to the iOS version at all..

The Snapchat situation frustrates the hell out of me. Yet how can that be pinned on Google? Blame the developers for doing a shitty job.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In order to see what dBm you are receiving on a device post-iOS 9, you have to go to Field Test, then exit out of field test and look at your status bar quickly while it still shows the dBm before it changes back to dots.

-Anthony

Or when in the field test menu drag down the notification bar and the dBm will be displayed without having to exit out of the field test menu as stated in a previous post. You can also just lock the phone and when woke back up it displays the numeric dBm, I do this when hunting down new B41 sites.  

I find that iOS doesn't update the signal dBm as often as Android though which is kind of a disappointment. 

I must be cursed with phones or something. I've been having all sorts of issues with my iPhone 6 replacements and so I ordered a 6S Plus since I was interested in the larger screen and a BRAND NEW in the box 6S Plus has uneven backlighting and a dead pixel! 

What the heck is this?425411e00f6bca5063cd0c91d1724a47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Welcome to the broken field test of iOS 9. If it says unknown, then it's a glitch, and you need to exit out, and re-enter. When it looks cleaned up (pictured), then it's accurate.

ebd65ab689626c9eeb80cb3af569a9f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s

**I came here to figure out how to see if I am on CA on my 6S.

I went through this whole thread. Yes, I've experienced the borking of numbers. Yes I've got the B41 to show up again. But no, haven't figured out a way to see if i'm connected to two towers..

Anyone have any leads on how to figure it out? An app possibly mentioned on Reddit or some other outlet? Been researching for hours and haven't been able to figure this out. Can we get to the bottom of this?

**I came here to figure out how to see if I am on CA on my 6S.

I went through this whole thread. Yes, I've experienced the borking of numbers. Yes I've got the B41 to show up again. But no, haven't figured out a way to see if i'm connected to two towers..

Anyone have any leads on how to figure it out? An app possibly mentioned on Reddit or some other outlet? Been researching for hours and haven't been able to figure this out. Can we get to the bottom of this?

Usually by the speed if you use Ookla or other network testing apps.  The fastest download speed I received without CA was in the low 20's on b41.  With CA, I have had a few tests in my area of 75. But specifically with a 6s field test, it is hard to tell. 

sparkedman on Reddit made a good suggestion for us iPhone users, we should send feedback to Apple requesting enhancements to Field Test.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/3xnnu0/iphone_6s6s_how_do_you_know_if_youre_on_ca_2x/

• Like 7

Usually by the speed if you use Ookla or other network testing apps.  The fastest download speed I received without CA was in the low 20's on b41.  With CA, I have had a few tests in my area of 75. But specifically with a 6s field test, it is hard to tell. 

That's not sure a %100 though, i regularly can get 50-60 meg on my 6Plus (no CA).  I would say if your phone is working well then it doesn't honestly matter, not much of a difference between 30 meg and 100 meg for most uses on a phone, even downloads since IOS is caped at 100 meg over cellular...  I get that it is fun to check (i do all the time) but i don't expect apple to pay much attention to the field test app, they have many many other things to do all day.   :frantic: