iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

• 4 weeks later...

These carrier setting changes are so god damn aggravating.  Probably talking to most popular phone model Sprint sells, yet it can't stay connected to LTE.  It's no wonder people give Sprint a bad name..  I shouldn't have to toggle airplane mode when I'm covered in B25 and B26 coverage.

I don't know about anyone else, but after 24.2 my phone drops down and hangs on to 3G far more often/longer than it did on 24.1.

I've been hit with 3G/1x/No Service in areas with strong LTE. It's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been hit with 3G/1x/No Service in areas with strong LTE. It's annoying.

Exactly my experience in almost every city I go to. Occasionally great connections, but usually it is flipping airplane mode consistently to avoid 3G or a weak B26. These problems aren't new either. Sprint really needs to better optimize/tune the settings for their (probably) most popular line of phones (iPhones).

Isaiah 41:10 ~

“Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.”

Exactly my experience in almost every city I go to. Occasionally great connections, but usually it is flipping airplane mode consistently to avoid 3G or a weak B26. These problems aren't new either. Sprint really needs to better optimize/tune the settings for their (probably) most popular line of phones (iPhones).

“Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.”

The problem is they have tuned before and then a follow on update completely wipes out what progress was made.

And what part of carrier updates are done by the carrier (Sprint) or the manufacturer (Apple)? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

The problem is they have tuned before and then a follow on update completely wipes out what progress was made.

And what part of carrier updates are done by the carrier (Sprint) or the manufacturer (Apple)? Just curious.

As far as I know, they are just Sprint's doing. I do wish that Apple would open up the network customizability/information more and would fix field test, especially for iPhone 6S/+

• Like 1

As far as I know, they are just Sprint's doing. I do wish that Apple would open up the network customizability/information more and would fix field test, especially for iPhone 6S/+

Not revelant to the discussion but ive came upon the posts.

I saw your signature. And amen to that brother. It actually gave me some peace and i need some these days????

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not revelant to the discussion but ive came upon the posts.

I saw your signature. And amen to that brother. It actually gave me some peace and i need some these days[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm glad it helped! That verse is like my life verse or my motto.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with an AT&T version of the 6S on Sprint? Specifically whether or not carrier aggregation still works?

I only have a Sprint version, but an AT&T one should work perfectly fine with CA because it has the same bands, just adding one for B30 on AT&T.

Does anyone know how to do a PRL update on sprints iPhone 6S plus ? I was told by a sprint store that my coverage at work would get better once I do the update(which I'm not sure if that's true) but I would still like to try anyways

Does anyone know how to do a PRL update on sprints iPhone 6S plus ? I was told by a sprint store that my coverage at work would get better once I do the update(which I'm not sure if that's true) but I would still like to try anyways

##UPDATE# from dialer

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

New iOS update out. Maybe it will fix the LTE connection issues that the previous update caused.

Lets hope it is part of it but it reads like a security update for calendars.

• Like 1

Lets hope it is part of it but it reads like a security update for calendars.

Probably right. Just downloaded and it did not include a carrier update so most likely no improvement.

Hey friends. I know I've been scarce and I apologise. I've been more busy with PtP wireless again and not much mobile broadband.

There's been a massive push with LTE-A in my country of late. The availability maps are just lighting up.

With the above in mind, and my A1688 CAT6 iPhone 6S, is there any way to know *for sure* that I'm on an LTE-A connection?

Hey friends. I know I've been scarce and I apologise. I've been more busy with PtP wireless again and not much mobile broadband.

There's been a massive push with LTE-A in my country of late. The availability maps are just lighting up.

With the above in mind, and my A1688 CAT6 iPhone 6S, is there any way to know *for sure* that I'm on an LTE-A connection?

It's hit or miss on the iPhone, and very glitchy, but in field test (dial *3001#12345#*), then click "serving cell info." This will show your PCC center frequency listed under E-ARFCN. Back up to the main screen and then click "connected mode intra-LTE measurement." If you see "E-ARFCN 1," this will indicate carrier aggregation, and your SCC will be listed under "subframe number."

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus

• Like 3

A bit more on topic ...

I've owned my iPhone 6S 64GB for 8 months now. In the last month I've started to experience appalling battery levels.

Before then I was getting a full day and I was happy. Now, I often find my battery empty at the most inconvenient times.

I'm posting screenshots to show no low signal flags and, secondly, battery drain.

1a24f714984097f689a5d7c2913ee986.png

8654c43b2b02e3a967368d9746b9abf9.png

Are there any known recall programs in the U.S. for this type of problem?

A bit more on topic ...

I've owned my iPhone 6S 64GB for 8 months now. In the last month I've started to experience appalling battery levels.

Before then I was getting a full day and I was happy. Now, I often find my battery empty at the most inconvenient times.

I'm posting screenshots to show no low signal flags and, secondly, battery drain. 1a24f714984097f689a5d7c2913ee986.png8654c43b2b02e3a967368d9746b9abf9.png

Are you using an iOS 10 beta? My battery life dropped a lot when I started using the iOS 10 beta...

That's rather terrible... I would first try a clean install of the OS without restoring from backup. You'll lose any data that was locally saved (such as saved game data and SMS message history) that's not backed up to a cloud server somewhere, but most everything else (Contacts, Email, etc.) will come back down from the cloud once you log into everything again. See if that resolves the battery problems, and if it does, you know it's a software issue with the old image.

Steps to perform this are listed here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204686

If you're still experiencing massive battery drain, then you know it's a hardware issue and you can go to an Apple store, let them know you already tried a clean restore without restoring from backup, and hopefully they can take care of the issue with a replacement phone.

A bit more on topic ...

I'm posting screenshots to show no low signal flags and, secondly, battery drain.

Notice how your "Usage" time and your "Standby" time are almost the same? That means that there is something that is constantly running in the background, even when you have the device locked. My suggestion is to turn off "Background Refresh" and to change "Fetch New Data" in your Mail settings to "Off". Those two things should save you a TON of battery.

-Anthony